Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Haven’t been looking for a yellow 1 but in for the yellow toes as they take me back to the mid-aughts and the Puerto Rican day parade (in nyc) and the new love .... love

Don’t dislike these but gonna pass I think

811E04BC-9EBC-41C4-AC9F-4BAE6892B9C9.png

I like the shoe, hate the cheap fake leather. Pass.

Hate to bring the glitter subject up, but I think some of y'all might find this info useful.

My breds and royals suffered from glitter. I would wipe them down with Lexol leather cleaner before wearing and it would remove the glitter. A few days later, the glitter would be back.

In December, I wiped these down with vinegar, then used Saphir Renovateur to condition them, and stuck them back in their box. It's March now and still no glitter.

Happy Friday!

IMG_20190308_074307.jpg

Did the same with my black toes and royals after I checked them after not wearing for a while and was hit with glitter. Had some Saphir I just bought for boots/dress shoes and i used it on the 1s.

No glitter a few days later and the leather was a little softer too so no complaints. I'll check again when i get back in town but that was about a month ago I believe.

See this is the wave I been on since last year. I only like the SBB colorblocking if it's something loud or different like the orange so I've been reserved on most pairs and same goes for any black toe variant. I look at my collection and gauge how many of a certain style I have and that dictates my purchase. I see that I only have two black toe remastered the 16' and Clay's so I feel the yellow ochre can be justified and I only have the SBB 1.0, Chameleons, and Pines in the colored toe format so the yellow toes seem like they can be justified. I still teeter on whether or not I want the court purples because every time I see them I'm underwhelmed and the chameleons when the light hits them right do become purple toes. I dont like having too much of 1 color blocking style cuz it gets crazy redundant along with the meat of my collection being 1's. People say you can never have too many and I disagree entirely. In my book the key for me is variety not just based on color but of other styles, models, and brands.
I 100% am with you on not wanting to be redundant. I have the Pine Green (toes), Court Purple (toes), Blk/Red toes, and All-Star/Chameleon (Toes). Actually, the only “Black Toe” blocked pair I have are my Unions. Leaning towards grabbing the Clays, but not sure. I’ve never had any SBBs, but the fact that they’re supposedly doing them in the Blk/Red (bred) color blocking via the 3.0 is why I’m definitely getting them, as the trinity of the Blk/Red, Royals, and Shadows are the only pairs I have in that blocking, and it’s an appropriate change from those original 3. Again, I’m not really into yellow that much anyways, so it’s a pass for me on these Yellow Toes regardless, but if it was say a Yellow Chi, I’d be a lot more keen on getting them, especially since that dope blocking is so rarely used.

Thankfully I ain't pull the trigger on the Ochre joints then.

I really like the clean look of the Ochres, I wonder what these yellow toes would look like with a white to box. Plus the mustard yellow shade of the Ochres is so nice, I would already own those if they hadn't been a euro release. :smh:

I’m personally not really into yellow like that, and I’m honestly a little burned out on the “toe” color blocking, so I’m good on these yellow toes. It’s funny how they’re making everything a “(color) toe” color blocking, but the ROY are the only Chi color blocked pair I can think of off of the top of my head.

Those new Laker/Chi SBs are... :wink:

There haven't been to many other iterations that I can think of that are an exact color blocking match but there have been some close ones that have a few tweaks. Game royals, Spidermans, Kawhis, the grey pair of AJ1xSB, Travis Scotts. That's all I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom