• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
20190313_135007.jpg
Was anxious to wear these so much that I unds quicker then any other jordan one I can remember. However, the flyleather or whatever these are is creating badly on my left shoe compared to the right. I doubt it will bother me enough to try force fields or whatever.

Last edited:
Force Fields or Shields or whatever are uncomfortable, so I understand why people don't like them.

But this whole "I prefer the creases, I prefer the beat up look" crap that NT repeats over and over is such garbage.

AJ1s might age better than most sneakers, but that doesn't mean that the creasing isn't an eyesore.

I mean, for you a crispy clean look may suit you for others they like the worn look and its not an eyesore to see the patina of wear. I think with the softer materials it looks better than it would, if say 1s were like a stiff all white airforce 1 with that ugly crinkle affect and unforgiving materials. I personally like the worn look and I used to wear forcefields but back when they first started making them and they were made from some uncomfortable plastic. I havent looked back since and dont plan to start it up again. I definitely like giving my pairs the vintagized worn look through normal wear and tear.

Force Fields or Shields or whatever are uncomfortable, so I understand why people don't like them.

But this whole "I prefer the creases, I prefer the beat up look" crap that NT repeats over and over is such garbage.

AJ1s might age better than most sneakers, but that doesn't mean that the creasing isn't an eyesore.
Right, I came up in a era where you were a bum if you came out of the house in beat kicks/fits. You would get roasted at the lunch table. Chicks would even clown you. Conditioning.Till this day I got to be fresh when i step out the crib.

bro honestly, idgaf what ANYONE says. creased up toe boxes and just shoes in general dont have character, they just look like ****! end of story. tell yourselves whatever you want. your creased up kicks look like garbage. no way around it. period. I've worn my 13 royals and breds like crazy for YEARS and no creasing. as opposed to the pairs posted looking like a zoo of elephants stampeded on the mans feet. I'm good on that. clean kicks is a way of life for me. anything else is unacceptable. this is why at 1st I struggled with the nigels
Amen. Preach!!

I use sneaker shields. At nearly $200 a pop for sneakers, they become an investment that i try to protect. Like mans above said, I grew up wanting to keep my kicks clean. I take pride in having clean sneakers. I always get compliments about my sneakers and how clean they are. I want to be able to maximize their usage for years.

To each their own

People have different preferences, and I understand both sides of the argument. All I'm a say is, please have the white part of your midsole clean if your going to wear some beat up 1,s. On top of that, if they're cleaned up with a good fit on, then it's not a problem to me, unless if the creases are an OD eye sore. Whats funny about this debate, is that it depends on how much style a person has, that determines if they still look fresh in some beat up 1,s if they're clean.

I've seen cats in flawless 1,s without any creases, but the midsole was dirty, and their fit was tacky looking. Ive seen cats in 01,s and 2013,s 1,s with a couple of creases, but the shoes where cleaned up, with a good fit on while wearing some jewelry. My point about all of this is that a person's individual style determines if the creases is a factor when wearing them. Creases aren't bad if the shoe is maintained without it having od creases in them. What do y'all think restorations are for?

They're not going to releases 1,s forever. What's funny about the crease debate, is that my 2013,s 1,s take longer to show creases, compared to the new releases, and the new releases 1,s are better quality. That's something to think about.

I always thought it was a bit much to use those things but then decided to give them a try

i'm not mad at the results :emoji_shrug:

You mfs are so pressed over what other men are wearing I swear
Lol

bro honestly, idgaf what ANYONE says. creased up toe boxes and just shoes in general dont have character, they just look like ****! end of story. tell yourselves whatever you want. your creased up kicks look like garbage. no way around it. period. I've worn my 13 royals and breds like crazy for YEARS and no creasing. as opposed to the pairs posted looking like a zoo of elephants stampeded on the mans feet. I'm good on that. clean kicks is a way of life for me. anything else is unacceptable. this is why at 1st I struggled with the nigels
:lol:

If I followed NT advice, I’d be wearing skin tight jeans, creased up shoes, mismatched clothes .... Nahhhhhhhhhh, can’t be me.

To each their own, but I’ll gladly be the contrarian voice if the prevailing opinions don’t make sense to me (e.g. it looks BETTER creased. Get out of here with that nonsense!).

Last edited:
Some of us aren't pressed about it. I'm into fashion/clothes period. So of course I'm going to observe what others are wearing. It's just like the question someone asked not to long ago, do people wear there 1,s with jeans on top of them/inside /stacked. People who are skinny/thin can pull that off without looking crazy. People with a heavier build look crazy/trying to hard in my opinion.

Style = clothes that fit your frame, with the right colors combined. Cats are worried about creases, but nobody in this thread is worried about how jncos look overlapped on 1,s, let that sink in for a minute.

Back
Top Bottom