1 down. 1 more to go.

20190912_013421.jpg

20190912_003251.jpg
20190912_003216.jpg
20190912_003222.jpg
20190912_003229.jpg
20190912_003236.jpg
Dope

I wish they had my pair I ordered in a Data Center. I placed order on 8/28 and I still haven't received.

8/29 for me...pair of Yeezys.
Got the problem with seller but have matched you with another.
Then got the item is en route to StockX but that's been 5 days ago.

I've never bought from them before and can't say I will again after this experience.

I've had good luck with stockx. 1 order canceled out of maybe 15. Always takes a while to ship though. They really should let you cancel once the seller misses the 2 day mark.

Jordan wore two very iconic fits his rookie year.

20190912_063934.jpg

if Nike hadn’t told you this via these releases, would you have even heard of these fits? I sure didn’t.
This just shows the marketing machine that is Nike/JB. I’d bet money and say the overwhelming majority of people knew nothing about these outfits. I’m sure however though, that they have a whole stash of pics and such of “iconic” outfits that they’ll convince us are “ iconic” to use as inspiration for colorways.

And his appearance on Letterman, where he wore the tracksuit, wasn’t from his rookie year. It was in 1986, after his 2nd year, after they got swept by the Celtics in the playoffs, despite his actually iconic 63 point game, in game 2 of the series.

Haha. I actually did know about the 63 point game being in his 2nd year and him appearing on Letterman afterwards. Admittedly it’s one of very few facts from that early in his career that I do know. Only because he had that game 5 days after I was born, I was born 4/15/86 and the game took place 4/20/86, so I’ve always been a little obsessed over that time in history. Anything else though, Google to the rescue!

This just shows the marketing machine that is Nike/JB. I’d bet money and say the overwhelming majority of people knew nothing about these outfits. I’m sure however though, that they have a whole stash of pics and such of “iconic” outfits that they’ll convince us are “ iconic” to use as inspiration for colorways.

And his appearance on Letterman, where he wore the tracksuit, wasn’t from his rookie year. It was in 1986, after his 2nd year, after they got swept by the Celtics in the playoffs, despite his actually iconic 63 point game, in game 2 of the series.

Yeah, it’s also hilarious how Nike/JB for the most part completely ignores his Wizards years when he was a decent player but definitely a washed version of himself. This is sad because we don’t get Wizards PE cws like those amazing Rip Hamilton 7s when he played with MJ. Also, MJ’s “Last Shot” in the NBA wasn’t during the ‘98 Finals but rather during a blowout loss to the 76ers in 2003.

Funny how people look at the past with rose-colored glasses, especially ones that have been fitted with expensive marketing.

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited:
Haha. I actually did know about the 63 point game being in his 2nd year and him appearing on Letterman afterwards. Admittedly it’s one of very few facts from that early in his career that I do know. Only because he had that game 5 days after I was born, I was born 4/15/86 and the game took place 4/20/86, so I’ve always been a little obsessed over that time in history. Anything else though, Google to the rescue!
Nice man, i am two weeks after, 5/1/86!

C's championship that year :nthat::nthat:

JB always pulls those rabbits out their hat lol like those defiants that came out with the swooshless side. How tf was that supposed to be an ode to 80s album covers? :rofl: or the awkward "racing stripe" on the couture pair.

Also, thanks for the history lesson.

Sam copping pleas now. :nerd:

I admit, I did get schooled lol but the way I phrased it was intentional because that's exactly how JB phrases releases when they pull from some obscure detail in their history as to why a shoe is being released as it is.

I still think if the air ship releases they should be like "so we lied about the whole banned thing" :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom