Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
0takusamsay 0takusamsay do you really need the frags tho? Besides the stamp, are they really $3-5k special??? That’s one I’m sad I passed on for $750 range but nothing I’d go back for, especially with prices the way they are. You already know JB is gonna release a bastardized version eventually. But if they’re your white whale that’s another story.

0takusamsay 0takusamsay do you really need the frags tho? Besides the stamp, are they really $3-5k special??? That’s one I’m sad I passed on for $750 range but nothing I’d go back for, especially with prices the way they are. You already know JB is gonna release a bastardized version eventually. But if they’re your white whale that’s another story.

Believe me, I've wrestled with it but frags are a pair I really want in my collection

I've said it before... but once a shoe (especially AJ1 which are a "simple" design to re-create) is worth that much... you might as well have a completely custom shoe built out of top quality leather. You could have someone take an AJ1 sole, and build a Horween leather upper that will be 100x nicer than the leather on any Nike ever made... I get that it wouldn't be a "real" frag, but it would be nicer / better quality, and less than $3-5k.

Believe me, I've wrestled with it but frags are a pair I really want in my collection
I feel it. The heart wants what the heart wants, and to each his or her own. I personally could never do it, but that’s just me, and again, no knock. Hell, some of us here have shoe collections that climb into hundreds of pairs. I’d rather have 40-50 of those pairs as opposed to swapping them out for a single pair (which is where their values would equate to about), but it’s all subjective.

I’m more so surprised considering some of your customs have looked pretty good, you could custom a pair to look identical to the Frags. I’m honestly surprised you haven’t done it that route yet.

Sure, if you have the skills, an airbrush setup, and a heat gun. I have none of those things.

You don’t need any of those things, just a bottle of angelus deglazer and some cotton pads unless I’m missing something. Basically taking off the clear coating.

I've said it before... but once a shoe (especially AJ1 which are a "simple" design to re-create) is worth that much... you might as well have a completely custom shoe built out of top quality leather. You could have someone take an AJ1 sole, and build a Horween leather upper that will be 100x nicer than the leather on any Nike ever made... I get that it wouldn't be a "real" frag, but it would be nicer / better quality, and less than $3-5k.

or just wait for a non frag retro of the color way. You’re probably not gonna see super out there collab colorway or special edition color ways retroed. But frags are pretty much cookie cutter Jordan retro 1 color blocking. We’re absolutely going to see that away in some shape or form, whether it’s royal blue, varsity blue, or sport blue. It’ll most likely not have the frag stamp but I 100% don’t care about that.

Apparently not if you have to sell a majority of your shoes to acquire them...

The other reason I'm letting so many 1s go is because I been wanting to downsize the collection for awhile now. A lot of the shoes I'm not really wearing because theres only a select few that I wear heavy so I want to streamline it into pairs that I know I'd wear frequently. Figured I would turn the extra money I get from pairs I'm barely wearing to fund for a pair i really want and will wear like crazy.

Still tempted to do them a touch darker..
20191008_165626.jpg

You don’t need any of those things, just a bottle of angelus deglazer and some cotton pads unless I’m missing something. Basically taking off the clear coating.
I dunno if that will work or not, but it's certainly not what the guy did to get the non-glazed effect.

2.40 mark.

Back
Top Bottom