Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Anybody in here sell off their collection or most of it? Thinking about going that direction.

I'm always curious why people do this. Do you impulse buy a lot? My stash isn't huge so I can't see myself doing this, and I also pass on almost everything I don't absolutely love. This year it was LA to Chis and Obsidians, struck out on TS1s which made it a pass. If I miss, I move on without a 2nd thought.

I'm always curious why people do this. Do you impulse buy a lot? My stash isn't huge so I can't see myself doing this, and I also pass on almost everything I don't absolutely love. This year it was LA to Chis and Obsidians, struck out on TS1s which made it a pass. If I miss, I move on without a 2nd thought.

Dog, the FOMO is real and you're not on social media like that so all that subconscious overt/covert marketing brainwashes people to buy more. It's a whole thing man

I should’ve BEEN had some OG’s in my collection.

D92A2EA1-6A0E-42A8-AC31-34B9DCE7A574.jpeg

Not real impressed with the leather from what Ive seen on the New Beginnings, looks like the plastic synthetic black leather used the past few years.

Air Ships on the other hand look nice and supple

Last edited:
Not real impressed with the leather from what Ive seen on the New Beginnings, looks like the plastic synthetic black leather used the passed few years.

Air Ships on the other hand look nice and supple

They are akin to the OG what you have to do is wear them to break them in. Like the 2016 b/reds and all the other flat leather joints we've had over the years.

They are akin to the OG what you have to do is wear them to break them in. Like the 2016 b/reds and all the other flat leather joints we've had over the years.

Gonna have to disagree, OGs have heavier/thicker full grain that gets more soft after breaking in yes but this aint that. They couldve gave us something better.

Gonna have to disagree, OGs have heavier/thicker full grain that gets more soft after breaking in yes but this aint that. They couldve gave us something better.

I mean I inquired to one of the dudes that actually owns the new beginnings about the materials on the 1s but yeah, what you see and think is totally legit. Different strokes for different folks. If we ever get a chance to cop we will see how they break in over time it honestly varies from person to person. The material reminds me of the black portions of the '16 b/reds and those broke in and softened magnificently. So I feel these will do the same.

I mean I inquired to one of the dudes that actually owns the new beginnings about the materials on the 1s but yeah, what you see and think is totally legit. Different strokes for different folks. If we ever get a chance to cop we will see how they break in over time it honestly varies from person to person. The material reminds me of the black portions of the '16 b/reds and those broke in and softened magnificently. So I feel these will do the same.

Yea, I think theyll get better over time. Hell I have the OG retro royal lows and even the atrocity leather they gave us on the black parts feels pretty good at this point

I guess to give us the flat leather look they had to give us this type of leather

These guys say theyre disappointed in the material on the 1, its weird that people are saying conflicting info even with them in hand

Last edited:
It looks like the one thing for certain about the leather on these ‘85 1s is that isn’t anything earth shattering. So almost OG build (cool, but not that much of a difference for me personally), PE colorway (which is OK, but I’m not that impressed personally), and good but not great leather. While I’ll try for a pair, and hope I luck up, I’m not gonna cry if I miss out on a pair.

Not my pair but would like to a legit check please

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191222-141649_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191222-141649_eBay.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20191222-141605_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191222-141605_eBay.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20191222-141641_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191222-141641_eBay.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20191222-141614_eBay.jpg