Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

Chicagos always reminded me of Ronald McDonald’s clown shoes. I’m glad the colorway does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. The off white Chicagos are even worse with the BIG fqing toebox. Y’all only like the Chicagos cause the hype.
I remember when NT did polls of which colorway were members’ favorite and Chicago definitely wasn’t at the top of the list. Now all y’all have it as the grail. Lol.
I mean I've wanted the Chicago's for awhile, and it just sucks now because of the last dance impact. It's outrageous, but it's also likely only to go up from here.

Chicagos always reminded me of Ronald McDonald’s clown shoes. I’m glad the colorway does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me. The off white Chicagos are even worse with the BIG fqing toebox. Y’all only like the Chicagos cause the hype.
I remember when NT did polls of which colorway were members’ favorite and Chicago definitely wasn’t at the top of the list. Now all y’all have it as the grail. Lol.

For me, my top 5 always be Royals, Breds, Black Toes, Chicagos, Shadows and I totally understand the hate for O-Ws (they honestly kind of look objectively goofy). That said, I think the lackluster 2013 retro really drove up demand for a true OG retro and 2015 were very hyped, even before they dropped (obviously nowhere near where they are now). Add to the fact that 2015s were when the “remastered” versions hit (although the quality increase of OG 1s across the board is debatable) and I think it makes sense why people lust after those 2015 Chis, especially if you consider that they didn’t produce as many pairs as 2017 Royals or 2018 Shadows, for example.

For me, my top 5 always be Royals, Breds, Black Toes, Chicagos, Shadows and I totally understand the hate for O-Ws (they honestly kind of look objectively goofy). That said, I think the lackluster 2013 retro really drove up demand for a true OG retro and 2015 were very hyped, even before they dropped (obviously nowhere near where they are now). Add to the fact that 2015s were when the “remastered” versions hit (although the quality increase of OG 1s across the board is debatable) and I think it makes sense why people lust after those 2015 Chis, especially if you consider that they didn’t produce as many pairs as 2017 Royals or 2018 Shadows, for example.
Dang that’s so true. the initial Release and “restock/re-release” in 2015 of Chicagos were sooooo freaking limited-prices were always pretty high probably due to the fact that they didn’t make as many, like u stated. Good points sir

Were royals and shadows that limited? I heard otherwise and that’s why Nike changed the business model back to limited. Royals and shadows in 17-18 definitely were higher quantities than normal

Dang that’s so true. the initial Release and “restock/re-release” in 2015 of Chicagos were sooooo freaking limited-prices were always pretty high probably due to the fact that they didn’t make as many, like u stated. Good points sir

The one and only time (in almost 2 decades of buying Js) I’ve ever bought a bot to cop any sneaker was for those 2015 Chis... Even with the $20 bot, I STILL took an L lol.

As DJ Khaled would say: I played myself.

Were royals and shadows that limited? I heard otherwise and that’s why Nike changed the business model back to limited. Royals and shadows in 17-18 definitely were higher quantities than normal

Yeah that’s what I mean-2015 Chis were WAYY more limited than 2017 Royals and 2018 Shadows. They were even more limited than 2016 Breds and Black Toes. IIRC, I believe even SBB 1.0s were produced in higher quantities.

Love the shape on these:

IMG_20200520_115715.jpg

The ship might actually be the better pair in the pack though.

IMG_20200520_115741.jpg

They are better than decent. People are going crazy for Royal Toe’s and it’s almost the same blocking. Gym Red’s are 🔥

People will regret that one in a year or so. Just wait.

The blocking on the Gym Red is actually the Chicago colorblocking. Those tend to go up.

Definitely an underrated shoe that will be more appreciated later.

I wanna cop that pack so bad and every time I do the math of around 800 a pair I just cant do it... I did the same with Frags and now I wish I wouldve copped but the NB pack was such a BS release.

Are royal toes ever going to go down on price? It seems theyve only stayed above 250 since release day. Usually they drop to atleast 220 or lower.

For my size it was 300 from RD, went down to around 230 when shipments arrived, and now on the inevitable rise

Are royal toes ever going to go down on price? It seems theyve only stayed above 250 since release day. Usually they drop to atleast 220 or lower.
I doubt it. Any and all restocks will get cooked immediately so prices won’t drop below $250...After fees on GOAT they’re over $300-hard pill to swallow but won’t get any cheaper from here on out.

I doubt it. Any and all restocks will get cooked immediately so prices won’t drop below $250...After fees on GOAT they’re over $300-hard pill to swallow but won’t get any cheaper from here on out.
Just asking cause I found a deal on offer up and jumped on it about an hour ago...bought 5 pairs for 1025. Size 9,10,10.5 and gs 6.5 royal toe and one size 10.5 court purp from the same guy. 5 pairs total.

Back
Top Bottom