Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I mean JB has the recipe for success, but they choose to just eff over customers on the final execution. Crimson tint with the proper materials, same can be said for pine green 2.0. Get rid of the pebbled leather and the badge wings logo and it would've been so much better. SBB 3.0, don't even get me started...

62EA148A-3098-4657-8153-6285D5AB8713.gif
*saved

I mean JB has the recipe for success, but they choose to just eff over customers on the final execution. Crimson tint with the proper materials, same can be said for pine green 2.0. Get rid of the pebbled leather and the badge wings logo and it would've been so much better. SBB 3.0, don't even get me started...

All true, except Nike didn't produce an SBB 3.0, yet. 😎

It's pretty simple when you think about it from their end. Why spend more money on quality materials when they still sell out/sell well with poor materials? You even make a better profit margin because you save money lowering your manufacturing cost. So why would they change if they don't have to?

It's pretty simple when you think about it from their end. Why spend more money on quality materials when they still sell out/sell well with poor materials? You even make a better profit margin because you save money lowering your manufacturing cost. So why would they change if they don't have to?
Bingo !

Not speaking on anyone in particular, but people keep complaining about poor quality and lack of OG colorways.....yet they buy every and anything that drops.

If you're gonna continue to buy the BS, they'll continue to finesse the consumer.

Their profit margins are already pretty awesome though considering their shoes come from chinese factories paying employees barely anything. But I get it, they're not obligated to give us anything. It just seems like they had it figured out with some of the older shoes like the bred toe, sbb 1.0, pine green 1.0, and purple toe. Those ones were soft to the touch (well can't speak about sbb 1.0, but the others I can). Now they don't wanna give us a bone and seems like they are just messing with us at this point. Doing stupid stuff like the wings badge or pebbled leather.

I mean footsites and other smaller shops don't need to change anything right? they sell out regardless so why should they bother to stop bots. This mentality will just lead to resellers profiting off us suckers who refuse to buy a bot

Their profit margins are already pretty awesome though considering their shoes come from chinese factories paying employees barely anything. But I get it, they're not obligated to give us anything. It just seems like they had it figured out with some of the older shoes like the bred toe, sbb 1.0, pine green 1.0, and purple toe. Those ones were soft to the touch (well can't speak about sbb 1.0, but the others I can). Now they don't wanna give us a bone and seems like they are just messing with us at this point. Doing stupid stuff like the wings badge or pebbled leather.

I mean footsites and other smaller shops don't need to change anything right? they sell out regardless so why should they bother to stop bots. This mentality will just lead to resellers profiting off us suckers who refuse to buy a bot

They will always want more $$$. We as fans get tunnel vision a bit since we want the stuff they make, but if you're an executive you're thinking about percentages and stock prices. Nike, footsites, resellers, etc., will and have continued to do something as long as it keeps working unfortunately. We have the power of buying, so as long as we keep buying (even if we hate the system) they will keep doing what they have been. You're right it's definitely a vicious cycle.

I can only speculate that around the time you're talking about, 2015 or so, the pressure to compete with Yeezys and Ultraboosts made Nike up their game. With Adidas taking a major dip in hype and desirability Nike can just coast. This is why competition is so important, Nike can sit back and do whatever they want now.

SMFH JB you got other brands beating you to the punch on your own shoe and charging a premium :smh:
386B7EB7-244E-4FC7-B3D9-6D53924F8382.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom