Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Man let those mids be mids. If you gotta have the Chi's paint the back and call it a day. Messing with the tongue, switching the tag and doing the paint just to make that shoe look like a shoe which it isn't is too much.

As a person who has had a couple of customs myself, trust me when I say you're still not going to feel like you have the real thing. Save yourself the time and effort.

The replacement tongues from eBay come with the tag on though. The only thing to paint would be the lower heel panel. I don’t own a pair of the current mid model so I can’t address the quality being used, although from what I’ve seen in stores over the past few years, they are pretty garbage.

I don't know if the heights are the same on the Mid and OG High. They could be but its still going to be a lot of effort to put into a shoe that still isn't going to be the 1 high.

I think resell prices are insane in general and honestly I would either pass on the Chicago all together until a retro drops or cop one of the Chi variants that have dropped over the last couple of years (Origins, LA to Chi). Even then I think resell prices are ridiculous but its not the insane price people want for the OG. The cost for the variants is tolerable and at least then you have a true High top version of Chis.

Its your bread and time so you are more than welcome to be like "screw Sneakaprince he doesn't know what he's talking about" but I would just skip a shoe or two and go for the variant if you gotta have a Chi.

And I don't hate mids. I just think you should let them be what they are.

Last edited:
are those tongues even genuine? I mean if you're gonna put a fake factory tongue on it, I would suggest buying Bloodlines or something and customizing that to Chi's rather than taking a wrong silhouette and adjust it to look like something else

just dropped off. materials pretty nice

F7294815-714D-4FBC-BB62-90DE59501D5D.jpeg

Materials on mids are pretty trash
I personally wouldn’t do that custom

That hasn't been the case for quite some time now... on a bunch of different colorways.

As for trying to make a mid a high - stop. If it's that big of an issue for you, just leave them for someone else who will beat them up in peace.

Still no order confirmation from FNL, even though they took my money. Pretty sure I won't be getting them.

I don't know if the heights are the same on the Mid and OG High. They could be but its still going to be a lot of effort to put into a shoe that still isn't going to be the 1 high.

I think resell prices are insane in general and honestly I would either pass on the Chicago all together until a retro drops or cop one of the Chi variants that have dropped over the last couple of years (Origins, LA to Chi). Even then I think resell prices are ridiculous but its not the insane price people want for the OG. The cost for the variants is tolerable and at least then you have a true High top version of Chis.

Its your bread and time so you are more than welcome to be like "screw Sneakaprince he doesn't know what he's talking about" but I would just skip a shoe or two and go for the variant if you gotta have a Chi.

And I don't hate mids. I just think you should let them be what they are.

No I agree with you, I own multiple pairs of Spideys and also OG Chi lows. Was just thinking this would be a relatively easy way to get a pair of custom Chis (would just have to pay for the tongue swap).

That hasn't been the case for quite some time now... on a bunch of different colorways.

As for trying to make a mid a high - stop. If it's that big of an issue for you, just leave them for someone else who will beat them up in peace.

Why does this matter? You’re just doing a tongue swap, the rest of the shoe is almost exactly the same here-the only thing needing paint is the lower back panel (that too you could keep it white like the Chi AJKOs).

Anyone know if that Lucky Green color for women will have extended sizes? Like how the Unc to Chicago went all the way up to a Men’s 15

Whenever I see fits like this I realize I'm definitely over the hill in terms of fashion. Some **** I just can't/ won't pull off. Nice capris, and purse tho.... Super nice unions.

All jokes aside happy to see young brother be able to express themselves in whatever way they see fit. Keep doing you.
Lmao capris.

Ordered a pair of reverse bred lows from JD Sports. A week later, I inquire where my package is and they tell me that it seems to have been “lost”. So they offer to send me another pair. A few days later I receive both pairs. Not too bad for the price of 1

Attachments

• 441E490C-89FA-4794-9E09-1052C94B6FA1.jpeg
    441E490C-89FA-4794-9E09-1052C94B6FA1.jpeg
    282.5 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom