Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I feel what y'all are saying but the context of this situation is a man, obviously there to support his aunt-in-law, and supervise his daughters while his wife does the more formal meet and greet. He's not up on the stage being sworn in, presenting, singing, etc. Garth Brooks sang up there with some damn Wranglers, a huge buckle, and likely Cowboy boots while Lady Gaga had a fit out of the Hunger Games, but we're talking about whether a basic spectator's Jordans were fitting or not. His wife is cool AF for letting him do his thing, and again props to the man for staying true to himself.

I burned one earlier before bed so forgive the length 😆

I am one of those tatted up lawyers, who also wears kicks to the office every single opportunity I could (which was basically daily). I’d come into the office wearing various J’s and Nikes with some jeans and matching Lacoste polos. These days though obviously no offices anymore.

I know for a fact it annoyed the more conservative and older colleagues of mine. But eff all of them, I didn’t come from the same upbringing as them. But I also had plenty of coworkers who would comment on my kicks and love the fact I wore so many different pairs to work.

Sneakers for me are literally cultural identity. I am a product of the sneaker head life, since 1989 when I got my first pair of 4s (cement greys!) as a pre-teen kid. I am a part of the generation that made the culture of being a sneaker head, and I love that being a part of my life ❤️

One of my favorite things to actually say is: how many tatted up Jordan wearing lawyers do you know? 😂

So wear your kicks where you want and how you want. But of course be prepared to be clowned on if your fit ain’t right. He did it right with the Diors.

btw his outfit posted earlier is terrible 😆 uff that matching short set, burn it!
I'd be willing to bet you are either a pretty good lawyer or got friends in high places. You can be different when you bring skills or friends others dont have. Are your tats visible in buisness attire?

I'd be willing to bet you are either a pretty good lawyer or got friends in high places. You can be different when you bring skills or friends others dont have. Are your tats visible in buisness attire?

Ok this is a rambling response, and not really related to our thread topic, so forgive me NT:

Well no, I am cognizant enough to know the difference between professionalism and not. All my tattoos are covered with a shirt, although I have colleagues that have visible tattoos. As far as tattoos and the professional workplace is concerned, I'd say that there is a more openness to professionals having tattoos, because in reality there are just too many of us now (tattoos are extremely common). So for example, I'd never get a face tattoo while trying to portray myself as an attorney; we must be aware of how people perceive us whether they are right or wrong. It's your choice then whether their perception is something that impacts your choices.

I am a "good" attorney, and no I don't have friends in "high places." I perform at a high level, am respected for who I am as a person, and I don't take advantage of the places I work. As such, you do get a little bit more leeway to be Yourself. And that's how my bosses have always viewed me: he's a good guy, doing good work, and his clothing/shoes are not negatively affecting business. So can everyone get away with what I do? I doubt it. It takes a certain type/level of behavior/performance/personality (and I know of others that also do what I do).

If the situation needs a suit and dress shoes, of course I am wearing them (such as with going to court). But otherwise, there have been plenty of times I have taken jeans and kicks with me, and changed in my office after going to court :smile:

Why you goin so hard like it was you on stage in the Diors? :lol:
I have my days. Alot bs gets thrown around on this site which I usually let slide cause everyone is entitled to their opinions and I generally don't care. But then some days I just feel like blacking out on dudes. Its just talk at the end of the day tho, I thought that is what forums were for.
bronidk.png

The reason I've always disliked sneakers with suits, especially at weddings, is it's like you're wearing a big sign that says, "LOOK AT ME! I LOVE SNEAKERS! DO YOU SEE HOW MUCH I LOVE SNEAKERS??!!"

To me it's tacky, wear what you like and all that, that's just how I feel about it.

Sorry papi. I’ve never even seen you post becfore outside of your little temper tantrum

An in-depth look at the Trophy Room 1s. Yeah, IMO these are not the move, regardless of the narrative they’re using to hype these, or how limited they are. That frosty overlay looks so bad. Good luck to those that truly love them though, as it’s gonna be a damn circus.

same thing was said about union 4’s but look where that ended up
Well not by me. I was a fan of the Union 4s off the rip. I actually love the differences, unique color blocking, stitched down tongue, and use of different materials of the Unions. As for these 1s, they took my FAVORITE Jordan in my FAVORITE color blocking, but fk’d up the red with an awful frosty finish, and added that white contrast stitching. I’ve got the 2015 Chis and the Spideys, both superior IMO, and these Trophy Rooms do nothing for me, limited or not, “interesting” narrative or not. My energy isn’t changing on these. But I know the craving for actual Jordan 1 Chis, and some of the aforementioned factors, is gonna make these hyped/desired to the high heavens by many.

We’re Comparing A Hyped Chicago Variant To Union 4s?
751015B1-175B-45B6-B7DB-A9D44849FDC9.jpeg
My thoughts exactly too. A redone, remixed, new color blocked, really unique envisioning of a Jordan 4, compared to an already done Jordan 1, but with some details that, IMO, uglify the shoe, isn’t exactly an apples to apples comparison. The Unions aren’t a Jordan 4, let’s say Black Cement, but with some unique details to commemorate a time MJ wore them. They threw those things in the blender, and came out with something off the wall, for better or for worse, opinions differ. Same can’t be said about the TRs. Took a classic, put some frost, changed some stitching, swapped out the outsole. Voila! I’m passing.

same thing was said about union 4’s but look where that ended up

I still think those Union 4s are nasty... I hate that JB deprives us of easily accessible OG/NA 1 OG cws and because everything is limited and sells out they can rest on their laurels of putting out trash/uninspired CWs. Damn hypebeast culture ruins everything.

Back
Top Bottom