Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
can only sell to a buyer. 🤷

I blame the buyers.
Problem is, with bots and resellers, most buyers can't get em, they resort to resale. Buyers should opt for low resale. Resellers want high resale. Not buying from resellers requires self control. :lol:.

Retail or none is a better goal.

One thing I hate are the raffles, so that's where we can blame the company.

Not buying from resellers requires self control. :lol:.

this is exactly the point tho.and honestly it’s a mindset we’ve been conditioned to.we are such consumers. two feet and 100 shoes. but still clamoring to acquire more. I’m a victim as well but I’m working on it.

companies cant be to blame. resellers can’t be to blame. they’re choosing to participate in capitalism where greed reigns supreme. they jumped in the game

I blame us.
The consumer. And the consumer alone.
for being told we need something that we don’t. Then making their rules and systems our reality based on what we tell ourselves we “need”.

because truth is if everyone who felt negatively about the game truly decided to opt out things would be different.

they are not selling to people. they are selling to a mind state.

you gotta change your mind.

0C6C5E7B-2BDA-4FA1-AA8F-107AA14FBCB0.jpeg

this is exactly the point tho.and honestly it’s a mindset we’ve been conditioned to.we are such consumers. two feet and 100 shoes. but still clamoring to acquire more. I’m a victim as well but I’m working on it.

companies cant be to blame. resellers can’t be to blame. they’re choosing to participate in capitalism where greed reigns supreme. they jumped in the game

I blame us.
The consumer. And the consumer alone.
for being told we need something that we don’t. Then making their rules and systems our reality based on what we tell ourselves we “need”.

because truth is if everyone who felt negatively about the game truly decided to opt out things would be different.

they are not selling to people. they are selling to a mind state.

you gotta change your mind.
But we, niketalkers, have been around a long time. Not easy dropping this habit. Collectors want the collection. Resellers and companies want the cheddar.

Outside of being an ugly shoe IMO, the worst part about these Trophy Rooms is that because they’re dropping, it just means we’ll have to wait even longer to get some actual Chicagos. And also I’m feeling like JB might make all future retros of OG colorways (at least for the near future) in the new ‘85 cut. So unless you already have the Royals, Chis, Blk/Reds, Black Toes, Shadows, and others, the next chance to actually get them is gonna be in this stupidly limited, ridiculously hyped, ‘85 rendition. I’m fortunate to have all the pairs I’ve ever wanted, but it definitely sucks for those that don’t. I hate some of the sht JB does sometimes.
Long shot here but what if this train wreck of a release gets Jb to say F it, let’s give them Chicago’s as a GR, in a year or so. They’ve been dancing around it so much. Cut out the games and give the people what they want for a change

They have been increasing since I've been around, and obviously money has been the goal. More resellers these days. I know its not like they didn't exist. People who have been around longer than me know 1s would sit. Same ol argument. 1s right now have a high demand, due to hype instead of actual desire. Yes Nike could produce as many as possible, but takeaway the reselling demand and I'm positive you will have enough more pairs left over. Pretty sure the resale demand > actual want demand.
Long shot here but what if this train wreck of a release gets Jb to say F it, let’s give them Chicago’s as a GR, in a year or so. They’ve been dancing around it so much. Cut out the games and give the people what they want for a change

I’m like 95% sure whenever we get Chicago’s they will be in that bs ‘85 mold. Limited to 23,000 pairs because that’s JB’s favorite number..

What THAT MAN just said!!! ☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽

All future OGs already remastered will probably be 85’d up, $200 retail & limited to 23,000.

OG 85s is Gentry & JBs new end game. Only thing consumers can hope for is JB releasing some of the remaining not yet remastered OG colorways in remastered form. It’s still 50/50 on that. ( NGs are OG 85s, upcoming Purple Metallics aren’t ).

For all those not owning OG colorways already remastered ala Chicago’s, Breds, Royals, Shadows etc.... I don’t know what to tell you. 😒

Last edited:
I’m like 95% sure whenever we get Chicago’s they will be in that bs ‘85 mold. Limited to 23,000 pairs because that’s JB’s favorite number..
A lot of people have made the same assumption - based on what?
We’ve had 3 85 molds. One is an OG cw....
They just haven’t been dropping OGs at all 🤷‍♂️

No, I got the point completely. I'm just pointing out another observation about that comment.

And tbh, you bad mouth the "clout chasers" that gets backdoor inventory early for the gram but you're not really that much different than them when it comes to contributing to the shady practices that keep happening and will continue to happen. Only difference is they post pictures of their inventory and you don't (although you have done it multiple times in threads before 🤷‍♂️️).

You keep saying that if someone else had the opportunity to do the same they'd do it too as if that makes what you do OK. It's not, it's s****y. But I understand why it happens and it's inevitable when money comes into play.
Thanks for paying attention to my posts.

shady practices? 😂. I capitalize on the opportunities.. if I didn’t someone else would. I made a business out of it.. and like someone else said.. if you paid anything over retail for anything you’re part of the problem.. I find it hard to believe yoy never have.. so don’t come at me with this BS about shady practices

look at the classifieds even here in niketalk.. I don’t see anything for retail.. are your bad mouthing them too? Stop it. Niketalk ain’t what it used to be.. most people complain about stuff that’s been going on way before they even started with shoes. It’s with everything not just shoes.. what I do vs what others do might not be okay in your eyes but it is what it is and yoy deal with it. Next time I’ll post a true clout pic just to make your day and get some sort of reply from you because it sounds like you’re extremely salty :smile:

again thanks for the observations !
Business as usual. Nothing will change

- Retro

A lot of people have made the same assumption - based on what?
We’ve had 3 85 molds. One is an OG cw....
They just haven’t been dropping OGs at all 🤷‍♂️

The last original colorway we got was April 2018 if my memory serves me correct. We finally get the NG’s a shoe everyone wants and it’s limited.

Every Jordan 1 made in that 85 mold has been limited so far. I’m just going off Nike’s track record.

was

shady practices? 😂. I capitalize on the opportunities.. if I didn’t someone else would. I made a business out of it.. and like someone else said.. if you paid anything over retail for anything you’re part of the problem.. I find it hard to believe yoy never have.. so don’t come at me with this BS about shady practices

look at the classifieds even here in niketalk.. I don’t see anything for retail.. are your bad mouthing them too? Stop it. Niketalk ain’t what it used to be.. most people complain about stuff that’s been going on way before they even started with shoes. It’s with everything not just shoes.. what I do vs what others do might not be okay in your eyes but it is what it is and yoy deal with it. Next time I’ll post a true clout pic just to make your day and get some sort of reply from you because it sounds like you’re extremely salty :smile:

- Retro
Paying Resale doesn’t always promote shady practices
He was referring to The Backdoor being wide open. that’s the shady practice because it’s not the “fair way” to do it, where everyone had the same opportunity. (I know life does work that way) Having 50 pairs just took 50 pairs away from 50 other people because a person payed a premium mark up (1650-1750 from what is going around) and is now hoarding them intentionally trying to drive up the price to make their money back and then some :lol:
The “oh if i don’t do it, someone else will argument” is bad because just it doesn’t still make it right still :lol:
It’s legit why stores have lost there Nike/JB ACCOUNTS. (Don’t think marcus ever will because his dad is a god to them) It is what it is though. Resellers/Resale ain’t going any anytime soon but what will is hype and with that a large group of these phony’s that only do it because they seen it was popula
r.

But i knew this was coming when Nike let a known “reseller” get his own shoe snd then sell it immediately in his shop. (Yes we were pissed at that)

- Retro

Don't matter what you wanna call it, "capitalize on the opportunities" - shady is shady :rofl:.
Marcus Jordan is also "capitalizing on the opportunity". Doesn't make what he's doing not shady.

I don't think I'm bad mouthing you - I'm just calling you out on your "opportunities" being a negative impact on a hobby that people enjoy. But if you see it as me "bad mouthing" you then know it wasn't my intention. Keep doing you and get your paper bossman.

And sure, if you wanna post your backdoor inventory and clout chase then by all means go do it. But why do you say it like you haven't done it before already :lol:

Stay blessed. As Sonset23 Sonset23 would say, "I love you all"

and retro707 retro707 , if you do wanna "make [my] day and get some sort of [salty] reply from [me]", post your clout pic of your backdoor inventory of the upcoming NG1s because those I actually want :angry: .

The last original colorway we got was April 2018 if my memory serves me correct. We finally get the NG’s a shoe everyone wants and it’s limited.

Every Jordan 1 made in that 85 mold has been limited so far. I’m just going off Nike’s track record.
Right I am just saying why are we assuming Chi’s and other future OGs will be in the limited 85 mold? I know 85 mold releases will be limited, I’m just saying who knows if they’ll make OGs all 85s, that seems like a made up guess

Back
Top Bottom