Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I feel like people that hoard multiples and/or simply don't wear their shoes are as annoying as resellers. I personally wear all of my shoes (unless they're listed for sale, can't get high on your own supply). I don't collect or display stuff for the sake of having and showing it. At least if you resell it to someone else they might actually throw it on foot. People that just sit on shoes they don't wear and won't sell do me no good. At least I can cop from a reseller and get something to put on my feet. I already know I'm gonna get blasted by "collectors" for this opinion :stoneface:

Lemme get this straight, a sneaker enthusiast that doesn't wear/chooses to display his sneakers is worse than a reseller? The same resellers who have destroyed the culture reselling Griffeys and Barkleys for $350? That's quite an....interesting take.

$5k into crypto isn’t a sizable investment either, since you could still comfortably diversify with other funds. I don’t understand people who throw ALL their money into shoes, especially since the selling fees tend to add up and you get 1099’d on total annual sales over $20k from StockX/GOAT plus the storage costs for holding that many shoes. Selling pairs is also far more of a hassle compared to buying/selling crypto/equities/options, etc. etc. I saw all of this as someone who does all of this (including keeping a bit too many shoes lol) btw haha

/rant but smart move on your part, either way.
2021 hasn't been kind to my portfolio at all. I regret getting into it in October 2020 when my friend talked to me about starting up stocks. I mean my portfolio is mostly tech so the recent pullback hurt. I feel like as long as you get shoes for retail (Nikes/Jordans), then you really can't fall back too much and lose a lot of money compared to stocks. At worst maybe eat a couple bucks on fees. Adidas are another story

Lemme get this straight, a sneaker enthusiast that doesn't wear/chooses to display his sneakers is worse than a reseller? The same resellers who have destroyed the culture reselling Griffeys and Barkleys for $350? That's quite an....interesting take.
You definitely didn't get it straight. I said annoying, I didn't use the words better or worse. It annoys me because I've messaged dozens of people over the years who have DS stuff that I want and they say "sorry, keeping these for the collection" and they let em sit in a box in a closet. Same deal with people that have multiples. Y'all got several, others who want it got none. Resellers are happy to give me the shoe I actually want. I buy a lot of older pairs anyway so the only place I'm finding those is the secondary market. You can be mad at resellers flipping barkleys and griffeys as much as you want, but blame the dolts that wanna pay that $350, too. I've happily sold hype crap pairs to fools that will pay me triple so I can find some old gems I actually want.

I know there are plenty of NTers that buy up GRs and other "bricks" in multiples with plans to sell them down the line as well. Or they get multiples of their favorites and then just decide to sell them one day years later. Maybe those folks enjoy having their sneakers in a closet or storage unit as much as I enjoy having them on my feet?

I'm much more collector/enthusiast than reseller, but essentially it's like a trade. I'm selling a bunch of pairs I don't want to turn around and buy other pairs. Well, at least that was the initial plan, but I said fck it I'm throwing that 5k into crypto. I'll circle the wagons for them later.
My mans like... "bruh don't be stupid, you'll be able to cop all the unions you want soon when we rich off this crypto sh*t"
And I'm like... 🤔💰 "true dat"

:rofl:

I did this with part of the cash from my sale, along with some other investments.

Figured I would share some basement finds with ya’ll:
E5EB64E3-D979-44C4-834F-F0A4A086531C.jpeg

‘01 Royals
151C9F33-87C8-4D00-96AD-CC4CAE4AD203.jpeg

‘94 Chicago’s

I feel like people that hoard multiples and/or simply don't wear their shoes are as annoying as resellers. I personally wear all of my shoes (unless they're listed for sale, can't get high on your own supply). I don't collect or display stuff for the sake of having and showing it. At least if you resell it to someone else they might actually throw it on foot. People that just sit on shoes they don't wear and won't sell do me no good. At least I can cop from a reseller and get something to put on my feet. I already know I'm gonna get blasted by "collectors" for this opinion :stoneface:
I'm a collector that actually wears my stuff. Maybe I should said hoarder. I definitely buy shoes with intentions yo eventually wear them.

2021 hasn't been kind to my portfolio at all. I regret getting into it in October 2020 when my friend talked to me about starting up stocks. I mean my portfolio is mostly tech so the recent pullback hurt. I feel like as long as you get shoes for retail (Nikes/Jordans), then you really can't fall back too much and lose a lot of money compared to stocks. At worst maybe eat a couple bucks on fees. Adidas are another story
I ain't gonna lie, my portfolio up like $20k in the last 10 days all due to DENT, KCS and BNB. 2021 has literally been thru the MF roof! Also, stocks and crypto are 2 totally different worlds although the concepts are similar. But I digress as to not crypto this thread out.

Last edited:
You definitely didn't get it straight. I said annoying, I didn't use the words better or worse. It annoys me because I've messaged dozens of people over the years who have DS stuff that I want and they say "sorry, keeping these for the collection" and they let em sit in a box in a closet. Same deal with people that have multiples. Y'all got several, others who want it got none. Resellers are happy to give me the shoe I actually want. I buy a lot of older pairs anyway so the only place I'm finding those is the secondary market. You can be mad at resellers flipping barkleys and griffeys as much as you want, but blame the dolts that wanna pay that $350, too. I've happily sold hype crap pairs to fools that will pay me triple so I can find some old gems I actually want.

I know there are plenty of NTers that buy up GRs and other "bricks" in multiples with plans to sell them down the line as well. Or they get multiples of their favorites and then just decide to sell them one day years later. Maybe those folks enjoy having their sneakers in a closet or storage unit as much as I enjoy having them on my feet?
To follow all this up I have a bunch of DS/NDS doubles from the 2000’s that I can’t wear and I see now they really served no purpose. I get his point I should have let someone else enjoy them. Be honest eventually you’re going to sell some of them so in truth you are a reseller too. Tell me everybody’s not somewhat calculated what their extras are worth.

Lasership “lost” my pair of black metallic golds from last weeks jordan reserve. I knew it was a matter of time before those goofies took something. All Nike could do was issue a return. Idk why they started using them other than being cheap. Using 2 day shipping from now on.
Someone i think had their carmines 6 “lost” from lasership and they ended up getting delivered the next day, after getting a refund

Someone i think had their carmines 6 “lost” from lasership and they ended up getting delivered the next day, after getting a refund
We shall see. I had my carmines delivered td. No 1s though. Tracking number told me to contact seller.

man, i kinda regret getting the 85 greys

would've rather put that money towards some storm blues if i could redo it

just can't unsee the ugly toebox

I sold my true size 11's that I got since they are longer than a Monday. Havent pulled the trigger on a 10.5 and kind of doubt I will at this point. The more I see them the less I like them.

Why do you skip the hole at the ankle? Just curious as I’ve seen a few others do it.
I skip that hole too but for me it's a comfort/convenience thing. That eyelet hits weird against my ankles but is also the most difficult to adjust imo. Same spot on dunk highs and AF1 mids/highs too.

Back
Top Bottom