• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
br.jpeg

Question for the younger generation. Are you not getting tired of seeing everyone in Jordan 1’s and dunks? I’m not trying to be smart at all, I have a personal connection to the shoes but just thinking about when I was younger I didn’t want to wear what everyone else was. I remember going to puma’s and ASICS at one time. 😂

Question for the younger generation. Are you not getting tired of seeing everyone in Jordan 1’s and dunks? I’m not trying to be smart at all, I have a personal connection to the shoes but just thinking about when I was younger I didn’t want to wear what everyone else was. I remember going to puma’s and ASICS at one time. 😂

It seems like the younger people you are talking about are, by and large, attracted to whatever is hyped at the moment. A few years ago it was 350s, Hu/R1 NMDs, and UBs and for the past couple of years AJ 1s and Dunks have been the primary hype wave (ironically I bought SB dunks in 2015-2016 for like $50-$60 on sale from skateshops and even NDC lol). I am wondering if the overall hyped sneaker market will recede a bit for a while, seems like all the resellers are turning it into a bubble in the past year and a half or so.

It seems like the younger people you are talking about are, by and large, attracted to whatever is hyped at the moment. A few years ago it was 350s, Hu/R1 NMDs, and UBs and for the past couple of years AJ 1s and Dunks have been the primary hype wave (ironically I bought SB dunks in 2015-2016 for like $50-$60 on sale from skateshops and even NDC lol). I am wondering if the overall hyped sneaker market will recede a bit for a while, seems like all the resellers are turning it into a bubble in the past year and a half or so.
And once again I’m not being smart or condescending to anyone. I know why I want the shoes I grew up in that era and I’m over it already. Just trying to figure out why anyone younger would deal with Jordan 1’s and dunks right now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

sidenote: will say this for Nike/JB they’ve got everybody right where they want them. Trying for everything on SNKRS just to be able to hit on something whether they actually wanted it or not.

And once again I’m not being smart or condescending to anyone. I know why I want the shoes I grew up in that era and I’m over it already. Just trying to figure out why anyone younger would deal with Jordan 1’s and dunks right now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Clout, especially on social media, is apparently a HUGE currency with younger ppl. I doubt you give 2 s**ts about follower count, etc. and flexing but a lot of these ppl do. In fact, I don’t think you’ll find many ppl on NT who do since we, by and large, actually care about the shoes and not the likes/followers we get because of them lol

A lot of them wanna fit in and the other half is a wanna be reseller.

I was in target today and heard 2 employees talking about the space jam bron’s and he should tried for them because they are going for a lot rn.

wanted to tell him he better check again because only the one with the controller is worth anything :lol:

A lot of them wanna fit in and the other half is a wanna be reseller.

I was in target today and heard 2 employees talking about the space jam bron’s and he should tried for them because they are going for a lot rn.

wanted to tell him he better check again because only the one with the controller is worth anything :lol:

I remember lining up at a boutique for some sneakers and while in line the people in front of me were just talking about reselling the entire time :lol:. Mad corny imo, but that's how it is now.

I remember lining up at a boutique for some sneakers and while in line the people in front of me were just talking about reselling the entire time :lol:. Mad corny imo, but that's how it is now.
Gotta charge it to the game.
Wish they get rid of the bot boys i can’t stand those clowns. No reason anyone should be getting a FSR from 1 site.
at least before the people that have full-size runs we’re outside buying pairs off people

Clout, especially on social media, is apparently a HUGE currency with younger ppl. I doubt you give 2 s**ts about follower count, etc. and flexing but a lot of these ppl do. In fact, I don’t think you’ll find many ppl on NT who do since we, by and large, actually care about the shoes and not the likes/followers we get because of them lol

Correct.

If only they knew how their quality of life would improve if they dumped all their social media activity and focused on actual real-life... also, if they knew how much of their individuality is being forfeited in the meantime. It's beyond sad. Parents share some of the blame too, though.

Will never return to ebay... it is the devil's playground. From scammers all the way through to the company's leadership.

Glad many are prospering, though. I'm 1000% out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom