Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Did a deep clean, added fresh insoles.
Good as new.
20210721_090139.jpg
Nice job. Stunnin like her daddy now.

Sean Wotherspoon evendoesn't stand out in the style he dress apart from shoes at times. If anything he dresses like the typical "down to earth" appropriator that acts like Plato's Closet is a thrift store.
You're right but isn't that how all the kids dress?

Question for the younger generation. Are you not getting tired of seeing everyone in Jordan 1’s and dunks? I’m not trying to be smart at all, I have a personal connection to the shoes but just thinking about when I was younger I didn’t want to wear what everyone else was. I remember going to puma’s and ASICS at one time. 😂

I mean if you’re talking teenagers and young adults they’re just doing the same thing generations before them did. Which is follow trends. I’m sure everyone in here wore something whether it be clothes or sneakers they wouldn’t put on today.

Kids by majority want to fit in. Not stick out. So as long as the cool crowd determines 1980’s Nike basketball retros are what’s cool. That’s what they will wear.

Correct.

If only they knew how their quality of life would improve if they dumped all their social media activity and focused on actual real-life... also, if they knew how much of their individuality is being forfeited in the meantime. It's beyond sad. Parents share some of the blame too, though.
Yeah, but life is less certain than a bot. Why be an attribute to society, which is risky, when I can pay money for a bot and get guaranteed clout?

I mean if you’re talking teenagers and young adults they’re just doing the same thing generations before them did. Which is follow trends. I’m sure everyone in here wore something whether it be clothes or sneakers they wouldn’t put on today.

Kids by majority want to fit in. Not stick out. So as long as the cool crowd determines 1980’s Nike basketball retros are what’s cool. That’s what they will wear.

This isn't true, far from it.

In the 80's and 90's it wasn't about wearing what everyone else wore. There was more individuality.

That's why you had so many different brands. Companies like British Knights or Fila would never break through now. It's hard enough for Puma or Reebok to get recognition now. If you have 20 sneaker brands it's less likely you'll see your same sneaker out.

Now everyone needs influencers, social media and celebs to tell them what to wear.

Now people won't wear Asics or Saucony, because nobody else is. They're bricks. People needed other people to get them to buy Uptown's or Dunks again. Three years ago those basic *** dunks like Syracuse, Michigan or UNLV wouldn't have been hard to get like those Michigan's from five years ago. Now a plain white and black dunk is fire?

In the 80's and 90's it wasn't about wearing what everyone else wore. There was more individuality.

That's why you had so many different brands. Companies like British Knights or Fila would never break through now. It's hard enough for Puma or Reebok to get recognition now. If you have 20 sneaker brands it's less likely you'll see your same sneaker out.

Now everyone needs influencers, social media and celebs to tell them what to wear.

Now people won't wear Asics or Saucony, because nobody else is. They're bricks. People needed other people to get them to buy Uptown's or Dunks again. Three years ago those basic *** dunks like Syracuse, Michigan or UNLV wouldn't have been hard to get like those Michigan's from five years ago. Now a plain white and black dunk is fire?
Great post and very accurate.

I dunno... Yeah there was more competition then, but there were still people that stuck with just 1 or 2 brands. I was born in 85 and I only wore Nike sneakers up until 3-4 years ago, with the exception of a pair of Reebok classics and a few random shoes that were bought for me as a child.

Yeah, what?

Wearing Js wasn’t it because of their price or availability…
Hard to argue we aren’t in a more sheepish, materialistic culture but Jheri-curls, moustaches and mullets weren’t popular because of individuality :lol:

Sure, covid aside, some brands are down but many are prospering and there are far more cooks in the kitchen than ever IMO

Fair to say those mentioned brands and others popular in the 1980s wouldn’t blow up today…
…instead you have Off-White, Bape and a grip of other successful yet overpriced, uninspired brands which would’ve been laughed out of that market

Asics and Saucony are category leaders in sales…

How them rose tinted glasses?

This was my point, back In the day we looked to dress different if I saw everyone in the same shoe I went in a different direction.

So I FINALLY win a draw and this B Grade foolishness shows up on my porch today. Immediately called Nike and the response I got was "sorry about your luck. Send them back for a full refund." Still trying to figure out exactly what is going on here. I can't tell if it's different colored thread that got mixed in, or if it's ink/dye or what. Guess I gotta try to clean it if I can, but how this ever passed QC I will never know.

20210721_171151.jpg

So I FINALLY win a draw and this B Grade foolishness shows up on my porch today. Immediately called Nike and the response I got was "sorry about your luck. Send them back for a full refund." Still trying to figure out exactly what is going on here. I can't tell if it's different colored thread that got mixed in, or if it's ink/dye or what. Guess I gotta try to clean it if I can, but how this ever passed QC I will never know.

20210721_171151.jpg

Why not just return them? They apologized and offered a full refund.

Back
Top Bottom