Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I guess that's a where a double up comes in handy, if you love the shoe enough.

Would like to eventually own enough pairs to keep a daily rotation though.

Man I wish I could've doubled up for retail.
I still don't know how I managed to snag that pair. The drop on Foot Patrol was my very last shot. I was literally on Foot Patrol checking out for 2 hours and finally about to call it an L since there's just no way somebody can check out something that hyped 2 hours after the drop. Then just as I was about to call it quits, the checkout actually goes through :lol:

I just wish I could have been able to cop 1s when the OG or good CWs were dropping.

Only ones I even had a chance to remotely cop were the Bred Toes/Gold Toes since those dropped around tax return time. Wasn't patient enough so I bought some LeBron XVs instead.

These finally arrive!! Now I just need Kentucky’s (storm blue) and red metallics

62521A4C-E906-44C6-8908-34455D1C2826.jpeg
5E197044-3C66-4A2C-A556-D1BDF4FE53F9.jpeg

They Reps bro. They too new with no glitter. Pretty tho eh?
First time holding a pair in hand(even if they are reps though). The real vs fake videos on YouTube must have got some really bad fakes because these look better than those.

I showed them the StockX/GOAT prices and they immediately took them off the shelves and bumped the price to $200. :lol:

Sold about 15 mins later after that.

Last edited:
First time holding a pair in hand(even if they are reps though). The real vs fake videos on YouTube must have got some really bad fakes because these look better than those.

I showed them the StockX/GOAT prices and they immediately took them off the shelves are bumped the price to $200. :lol:

Why would you do that? That's not cool.

I showed them the StockX/GOAT prices and they immediately took them off the shelves are bumped the price to $200. :lol:

Why tell them???

Why would you do that? That's not cool.
They asked for my advice on the price when I came into work yesterday...they usually do this on stuff they know I'm partly knowledgeable on. Said people were trying to buy them all day but eventually passed until this one barber showed up and got them at the new price.

They asked for my advice on the price when I came into work yesterday...they usually do this on stuff they know I'm partly knowledgeable on. Said people were trying to buy them all day but eventually passed until this one barber showed up and got them at the new price.
So...they were already out on the sales floor and had been seen by other customers yet hadn't been bought yet? Then you come on shift and they jack the price to $200 and someone buys them? Why hadn't they already sold at the lower price point?

I have a love/hate relationship with thrift stores. Everything is donated (free) yet some stores be trying to sell items for close to retail. Like I understand you've got operating expenses but all of your merchandise came to you for free. Flat rate pricing for items. All shirts $2, shoes $10, ect. Not this pick and choose nonsense.

So...they were already out on the sales floor and had been seen by other customers yet hadn't been bought yet? Then you come on shift and they jack the price to $200 and someone buys them? Why hadn't they already sold at the lower price point?

I have a love/hate relationship with thrift stores. Everything is donated (free) yet some stores be trying to sell items for close to retail. Like I understand you've got operating expenses but all of your merchandise came to you for free. Flat rate pricing for items. All shirts $2, shoes $10, ect. Not this pick and choose nonsense.
Couldn't tell you honestly, maybe it's the type of customer who might have been interested in buying them is my guess. One manager was cool with the price increase, other one working wasn't.

We don't get many Jordans, or at least nice shoes the average sneakerhead would wear. but usually for anything Jordan related that has came through the store since I've been working there hasn't gone for under $40 unless they're kids sizes or super beat up(which is like 95% of the shoes in the store).

There's only flat rate prices on clothes, cds/vinyls, and video games. Everything else is priced according to the market(eBay or Amazon).

Couldn't tell you honestly, maybe it's the type of customer who might have been interested in buying them is my guess. One manager was cool with the price increase, other one working wasn't.

We don't get many Jordans, or at least nice shoes the average sneakerhead would wear. but usually for anything Jordan related that has came through the store since I've been working there hasn't gone for under $40 unless they're kids sizes or super beat up(which is like 95% of the shoes in the store).

There's only flat rate prices on clothes, cds/vinyls, and video games. Everything else is priced according to the market(eBay or Amazon).
I mean why not let it ride at the first price though… not like you getting commission

Likely gonna buy 3 pairs of them Jordan 1 prototypes if the price on the resell remains around that range. They just flow color waist. And I don’t know if I want to do blue or orange laces.

Last edited:

So you're saying you paid more after you brought it to their attention...? LOL

Back
Top Bottom