Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I personally don’t do orange Jordan 1s, so these are an automatic pass for me, but these “Starfish,” or I’ve heard some call them “Birkin,” 1s are clean IMO.
4A60A059-9471-4318-869F-3C4983F75B30.jpeg
881F6839-96D8-4B52-AC4B-ADB0F5A97574.jpeg
30ABDEB5-04D6-4340-B2BF-D188B4E06A1F.jpeg
42337C8C-1769-472A-974A-AF7FB23FFA7A.jpeg

i cant unsee that weird stitching after someone pointed it out…

I was gonna stop reading his caption after he mentioned how many shoes he bought from SX in a span of a month. I finally did when he said he had them legit checked by CheckCheck app and Legit Check app 🙄
Are you saying that CheckCheck is basically worthless?

Because I honestly don’t know what to do at this point.

If you can’t trust StockX, EBay, Goat, CheckCheck etc., then to do?

I ain’t no authenticity expert and I ain’t never gonna be.

Watching YouTube vids is frustrating, because a lot of them are using shoes from different batches that may have different issues. And how do I know if some random guy on YouTube really knows what he’s talking about?

…the whole thing is FUBAR.

Watching YouTube vids is frustrating, because a lot of them are using shoes from different batches that may have different issues. And how do I know if some random guy on YouTube really knows what he’s talking about?

Retail or bust... have you sleeping easy every night.

20220709_130759.jpg

I'd venture to say ebay is gonna be the most reliable of the big 3.

Have you seen the vid of one eBay authenticator taking about 2-3 minutes to legit check?

I don’t know a lot, but I know that some UAs are too good for that.

Thats a long time tbh, especially if you legit check all day. Maybe someone who does it here and there for personal pairs 2-3 minutes aint long enough.

Cry fakes all you want and I get it, but unfortunately I tend to agree with this guy and it'sonly nike's fault! Yall have fun paying resale for those trash reimagineds. And don't even talk to me about those garbage steel toe boot cut "85s" nike is bamboozling you with. 🤢🤮 I'd rather pay $600 for these. Yea, I said it! Come at me!
😤😤

These are really dope, have you purchased yet? I would love a pair of 85 Chicago 1’s that’s not old and smelly so I for sure would buy a pair of these

Thats a long time tbh, especially if you legit check all day. Maybe someone who does it here and there for personal pairs 2-3 minutes aint long enough.
Just watched it again and it’s actually 42 seconds from the time she touches the box to grabbing the authentication tag.

…pair of Military Black 4s.

I think folks get the wrong idea that the only thing that separates a fake and an authentic shoe is quality. So when fakes stepped up their level of quality to compete with authentic products then it became impossible to tell them a part and that’s just not true. The best fakes have quality on par with Nike but still have accuracy issues and that’s what pro legit checkers hone in on. The more intricate the shoe the easier it is to pick out the fake.

I think folks get the wrong idea that the only thing that separates a fake and an authentic shoe is quality. So when fakes stepped up their level of quality to compete with authentic products then it became impossible to tell them a part and that’s just not true. The best fakes have quality on par with Nike but still have accuracy issues and that’s what pro legit checkers hone in on. The more intricate the shoe the easier it is to pick out the fake.

Totes disagree. Its the accuracy issues is what most people look for when legit checking id say, and I mean the average person.

Totes disagree. Its the accuracy issues is what most people look for when legit checking id say, and I mean the average person.

Isn’t that what we’re talking about? The guy you replied to was talking about the 2 minute eBay legit checking videos. You said 2 minutes is all they need and I agree.

For an average person, sure it would take more time

Isn’t that what we’re talking about? The guy you replied to was talking about the 2 minute eBay legit checking videos. You said 2 minutes is all they need and I agree.

For an average person, sure it would take more time

Your initial reply had nothing to do with time? I thought your point was how people legit check (accuracies vs general quality) and not actually how long it takes?

Unless im wylin again and thats 2 days in a row for me. :lol:

I know they’re disliked/hated by many, but I love these things. So much so that I doubled up when they dropped. The only other 85s that I’ve liked are the Georgetowns, but I ultimately passed on them. So these Neutral (Natural) Greys will be the only 85s I’ll own, until the Black/Whites HOPEFULLY do indeed drop next year.
0D42AA15-60B6-4179-A4A9-2D813D59FCA2.jpeg

Your initial reply had nothing to do with time? I thought your point was how people legit check (accuracies vs general quality) and not actually how long it takes?

Unless im wylin again and thats 2 days in a row for me. :lol:

I was more so talking about the the folks who do legit check all day which ties back to the person who you responded too who thinks fakes are too good for that to be enough to legit check

I can see why that got confusing lol

I don’t think it’s the best. If you’re going to make that big of an accusation, I wouldn't have my authentication based off of pictures. I’d do my own research, then have them checked in person by a few different authenticators. He’s most likely a reseller though, and with so many shoes to authenticate, it probably wouldnt be likely for him to do.

For proper authentification, especially looking at fine details, I feel like the product should be in hand and felt. How many times have we been told to check for the smell?

You just gotta do your research and trust your own instincts or like what slaughterx slaughterx
said, retail or bust 🤷🏻‍♂️

Facts. But I got Send Help SB dunks for all that so I'm good on these.
I’m on the hunt for those actually. I’ve got the White Widow Mids, but other than those, the Send Help 1s, the Cigars (got them), and the Cheech & Chongs (got the them too) are the only Todd Bratrud SB Highs I’ve ever really liked, as I’ve never been a fan of his usually used front one color, back another color, color blocking on SBs.

Back
Top Bottom