Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

i mean.. if you in it for the look i guess so... id only get those to skate or beat.
the SBs crush those materials wise ..well worth the retail price difference

Exactly. They’re to wear without worrying about creasing, scuffing, tearing. I’d even change the insoles and hoop in them even if need be.

Now, if you’re turning them down because you think girls won’t like you or other guys wil say something..... :lol:

what's with the 2 different silhouettes of AJ1 low? One is so much better than the other. Just keep it consistent.

They call that tiered consumer marketing. Actually I just made that up. But basically what Nike are doing is creating an "inferior" product of a hyped up sneaker so it can attract new customers with smaller budgets with the objective of increasing market share.

The only real changes are the uppers. Some alterations are made that differ from the og lows. Only collectors would care about those changes. Regular folks could care less.

The midsoles/soles are the same. Jordan brand makes good money off these since there is no expensive tech to toss in. Just your basic Nike retro.

sb has zoom air in the heel insole. the collar and heel is completely different, too. as well as the lacelets. the SBs have a longer vamp.

hoop? TURBO UNO TURBO UNO ok taking it too far.. now you are justifying your purchase for a cheaper, worse shoe. it's ok

sb has zoom air in the heel insole. the collar and heel is completely different, too. as well as the lacelets. the SBs have a longer vamp.

hoop? TURBO UNO TURBO UNO ok taking it too far.. now you are justifying your purchase for a cheaper, worse shoe. it's ok

Man.... Jordan hooped in them back in the day. How else do you think these shoes are famous? :lol:
Sure, feet must’ve been hurting but that came with shoes of the era. Besides, I used to hoop in regular non-sb Dunks back in my college days. It can be done. But again, I’d just change or add insoles.

Edit: I’m just hoping they don’t charge more than $80 for them. Still cheaper than paying resale prices of the SB version or the OG High version of a few years ago.

Last edited:
:emoji_astonished:
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.22.17 AM.png

Some of y'all are too elitist about the OG mold vs Phat mold.

The Phat is the low equivalent of a mid. It's to get someone wearing Jordans who may not be willing to shell out the higher prices otherwise. Same as a mid is to the highs.

I've got the 2 Koston SBs but I've also got the black toe Phats. I like all 3 pairs. The black toes have gotten the most wear by far.

The mall near my house has a gamestop that’s going out of business. I racked up on games yesterday and was coming back to see if I could find anymore deals. These were in the display window at Payless and caught my eye.
Was gonna ask on display. Makes sense. Nice scoop!

.5 size down for the OGs? Looking at some bred lows. I’m a 12 in the highs. Should I grab a 11.5 in the lows?
Time to grab all the og lows I can while the price is decent. These will just go up over time.

edit: nvm looks like tts

Last edited:
Is there a way, besides a sole swap, to replace the outsole on Jordans? Or maybe something to keep the wear and tear under wraps? My Chicago lows are starting to have a bit of white midsole peaking through the red outsole.

JB releasing any og lows this year? Not necessarily og colors but og branding.
Those Chinese New Year 1s look to be OG-branded. Other than that, I don't think so, at least from what's leaked so far. Seems like the only OG-style 1 Lows that come out are the one-offs (SBs, collabs, etc.).

The mall near my house has a gamestop that’s going out of business. I racked up on games yesterday and was coming back to see if I could find anymore deals. These were in the display window at Payless and caught my eye.

Wow I never knew this at all.

Attachments

• 03C4C56A-C67F-4C1F-AEB3-1A8FF0828FE0.png
    03C4C56A-C67F-4C1F-AEB3-1A8FF0828FE0.png
    692.7 KB · Views: 349
Back
Top Bottom