Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

This puts anything that I was thinking of buying far on the back burner. I want three pairs of these and nothing else this year. Holy Grail with Nike Air finally back on it is perfect. No other J sounds at all exciting after hearing this news.

mean.gif

I mean, I understand WHY they'd do this from a business standpoint.  But damn....as a consumer that hurts.  
laugh.gif
  I have no doubts this is what JB will do.  

When a shoe that I originally copped for $100 retails for $250, it may be time to just walk away with my happy childhood memories still intact.  
I agree. I just got back into the game. Was out for 8 or 9 years. Came back to the Bred IV's and I have NEVER seen so many retro release then I have since black Friday. It's INSANE what they are dropping and how much their going for. I remember when I worked for FNL and the Cool Grey 9's sat around for months before we sold out.

I hate to say it but I feel the shoe game is going down hill. I may be right with you and my childhood memories.
Don't get me wrong here--I'll never stop buying sneakers.  But like you, I've been sitting on the Jordan Brand sidelines for years until the Concords last year.  I also copped the IV's last month, but my most recent Jordan purchase prior to those was the Black/Metallic V's back in Jan. of '07.  Seeing the decreasing quality and the increasing prices, I just couldn't justify spending my $$ on shoes made of paper-thin "leather".  But obviously some kicks have that sentimental value, which is why the XIs and IVs were copped.

So when I say walk away, I just mean from Jordans.  I'll always fiend for a pair of Nikes lol.  But with J's, I've been pretty much turned off by them over the past 6 years, so completely walking away wouldn't be hard for me.  I love the idea of releasing retros with the Nike Air.  But I'll be damned if I pay $200+ retail for them.  That's a slap in the face IF these IIIs are the exact same as the most recent retro in terms of quality.  Can we really justify that big of a markup for seven letters on the back of the shoe?  Some may, but I can't.

Now, if JB brings it with the quality.....that's a different story. 
laugh.gif

i dont think these will be $250.
i think though they will be $200 on the dot.

$200 is still pretty steep, but to be honest, only thing that will stop me from picking up a pair will be how the release is handled. Online only and a high price tag has me believing these will be pretty hard to get.

I heard about this last Christmas from a friend that works at Jordan. Good to see it finally happening. The other thing he told me was that they would be VERY limited and pushing these into the $250 range. Guess we'll see if that's true, but so far he's never given me any reason to doubt him.
Peace,
J
"How to turn this 20+ year sneaker head off jb once and for all?" For two hundred dollars.

Everybody keeps saying that Jordan doesnt care and that he should do something about the shoes, but from what ive read he doesnt seem to have anything to do with the shoes besides the fact that he is what inspired them. i doubt he has any stake in the company let alone how the shoes are designed/made. He probably doesnt even know whats coming out until some nike rep goes to his house and says, "Here rock these kicks for the next few weeks MJ."

Thought i was gonna be out the game but Jordan keeps bringing me back in :smh:
anything over $200 and i'm not in though.

Everybody keeps saying that Jordan doesnt care and that he should do something about the shoes, but from what ive read he doesnt seem to have anything to do with the shoes besides the fact that he is what inspired them. i doubt he has any stake in the company let alone how the shoes are designed/made. He probably doesnt even know whats coming out until some nike rep goes to his house and says, "Here rock these kicks for the next few weeks MJ."
HE DEFINITELY HAD A STAKE IN THE COMPANY FOR A LONG TIME. i did hear not too long ago that he sold his stake back to nike to get enough capital to be the primary owner of the bobcats. even heard he had an option to buy back his stake when he was flush again. dont know of the truth to this just sayin

Crazy that they're finally doing this, but unfortunately it's just too little too late as far I'm concerned. If they'd done this a few years ago I'd be jumping at the chance to get a pair, but nowadays I'm just too tired of JB's gimmicks to care.

Add to this the hype and current zeitgeist surrounding sneaker culture and it's just not worth it -Dudes are camping out for NB's and Saucony's these days ...I can't be a part of that nonsense at my age.

At this stage, they could release a faithful retro of the Infrared 6s with Nike Air, Durabuck, 3M and a $100 price tag ...and I still wouldn't be tempted to give this brand a cent ever again. The White Cement 3s last year were the last Jordans I ever bought and the final nail in the coffin as to why I finally turned my back on them, the quality of those were just awful.

However, I should add that despite how salty and vitriolic I sound towards JB, I never begrudge anybody else getting what they want, so I really hope the NT fam that go for these are able to cop ...if these 3s do release, you can be assured it will be THE most hyped sneaker release of all time, even worse than the yeezy 2s!

Last edited:
allsigotsstusay is come on they just pumped these 2 yrs ago i dont care about the branding so much give me something we've been waiting on go maroon vi's or blues or something grapes are coming why not bless those with na
NA on maroon VI's would be sweet! 

Im guessing around $195-$225 with special packaging and limited
Dont give jb any ideas. No more price hikes.
Exactly.
I dunno...Honestly, I don't own a pair of III's with "Nike Air" on the heel tab, and I'll be happy to have a pair, just so long as it's the total package and not just an appeasement. But if JB is throwing "Nike Air' on the same shoe as the 2011 retro, I will likely be passing, and I will likely be VERY upset...
I have a feeling that this is exactly what they're doing.  Honestly if it is, they've pulled their ace in the hole out far too soon.  Fine by me, though.  I passed on the 2011 so I'll take these.  If I had the 2011 I'd either sell it and cop these or just pass all together.  No point in me owning both shoes.

NOBODY is ever gonna be happy. Damn, everyone complaining now that they finally give you "Nike Air" on the back. Smh :smh: :smh: :smh:

mean.gif

Can't believe they're trolling like this.
If you think this is trolling wait until the white/red/black Jordan I's come out with NIKE AIR right after everyone buys the Jumpman versions.
thats got me almost not wanting to cop em because of that snow job i KNOW they're gonna attempt to do.

rather cop da black toes, black and royals, and wait out da REAL chicagos with nike air.
That's exactly what I'm going to do, pass.  If it were just a Jumpman on the tongue it'd be different, but they can keep them with that Jumpman on the heel.

Gotta say that the 2011 pair was one of the worst creasing kicks i've ever owned. like 3 steps out of my house and it already look like i was just in the slam dunk contest. that being said...gottahavethesenikeairshelpppppppppppppp.

Back
Top Bottom