Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

A lil birdie just told me to watch for restocks in March, so don't sell your kidney for these just yet... :wink:
I bet there will be a small restock soon, but not a scheduled rerelease in march.. Europe is releasing in march and that may be what your birdie is tellin ya ... chirp chirp

Both my Eastbay and Finishline orders are still processing...wouldnt be surprised if either got cancelled..wasnt an easy pick up at all (for me)

My Order status still says "pending" on Paypal. On my NDC account it says Order Status " In Progress" Preparing to ship...but still says amount charged to paypal "$0.00". .  Is this normal? My first time buying from NDC. Is it because they don't charge the paypal until the order gets shipped out? I got order confirmation From NDC  but still NO shipping confirmation. How long it usually take to get a shipping confirmation using "ground" shipping on NDC?Should I have used faster shipping to help me secure a pair or does that not even matter?Since I got a order confirmation email from NDC via email with a order number should I worry that they will cancel my order and say out of stock or am I good?

I didnt get through on NDC until like 10 minutes after 4:51pm yesterday but had been trying since 4:51 when the twitter link popped up. At 4:52 I thought I was screwed because it kept saying Unable to add item to cart but  I kept hitting add to cart button. After 10 minutes it finally added to cart I was surprised, but checked out and signed into paypal & quickly and hit the place order button

My Order status still says "pending" on Paypal. On my NDC account it says Order Status " In Progress" Preparing to ship...but still says amount charged to paypal "$0.00". .  Is this normal? My first time buying from NDC. Is it because they don't charge the paypal until the order gets shipped out? I got order confirmation From NDC  but still NO shipping confirmation. How long it usually take to get a shipping confirmation using "ground" shipping on NDC?Should I have used faster shipping to help me secure a pair or does that not even matter?Since I got a order confirmation email from NDC via email with a order number should I worry that they will cancel my order and say out of stock or am I good?

I didnt get through on NDC until like 10 minutes after 4:51pm yesterday but had been trying since 4:51 when the twitter link popped up. At 4:52 I thought I was screwed because it kept saying Unable to add item to cart but  I kept hitting add to cart button. After 10 minutes it finally added to cart I was surprised, but checked out and signed into paypal & quickly and hit the place order button
You're good, they charge your card when it is shipped. From personal experience, once you get that order confirmation from NDC you're golden. 

Was unable to get a pair. Complete falure. :\

Parked on Footlocker at the launch time for a good 10-20 minutes. Was also simultaneously trying NDC. Also had multiple windows of FL going at the same time. It was all for naught. Trying to look at this in a fatalistic way. Wasn't meant to be.

Kind of secretly hoping JB will decide to do a Black/Cement with Nike Air on the back later this year.

:smokin

Last edited:
^^agreed. Keep checking FNL twitter. I'm sure they will release the gs sizes soon.

Yeah just got off the phone with a rep saying they were expecting their shipment today but something happened so maybe sometime next week...we'll see.

That sucks sorry to hear that... They left a bad taste in my mouth with the Knicks 1's at least I got my pair but I didn't like what they pulled at all.... Only NDC for me forever....

Yeah. For me I'll stick with FNL, but in reality where ever we can get in for retail we're gonna go with. Ahh well it is what it is. I'll try my luck soon hopefully.

All the cats wondering if you will get yours from FNL and used PayPal.... Log into your PayPal account and check your FNL order, if it's still pending, most likely your good... I checked immediately after the back door order and not even 10mins later I checked my PayPal account and it was canceled.

Oh well got my Ndc pair coming!:smokin

i paid with paypal on finishline and my order was canceled

i even tried that same order with both my credit cards and nothing

luckily i got my real size on footlocker and a kids size 7 to flip from nike.com

Last edited:
You're good, they charge your card when it is shipped. From personal experience, once you get that order confirmation from NDC you're golden. 
Thank you and thank you as well aznlurker

ndc orders can still be canceled after order confirmation. happened to me a couple times before. they will say some lame "we oversold" story.

nothing is complete until you get the shipping email.. not on nike, eastbay, finishline, or any other website.

its not hurting anyone?
its against the rules to buy/sell/trade outside of buy classified section. period.

long time members definitely know better.

i think niketalk needs a over hall with these new members

if these new cats dont like it let them go to or back to sole collector

this whole post is one big mess

Last edited:

It doesn't matter on NDC. Your pair is secured and will be shipped in 48 hours.

[/quote]Kind of secretly hoping JB will decide to do a Black/Cement with Nike Air on the back later this year.[/quote]

i was told from a really good source this just might happen later this year

its not hurting anyone?
its against the rules to buy/sell/trade outside of buy classified section. period.

long time members definitely know better.

Honestly, its more sad when you see older members contributing to the buying/selling/trading. They should be the ones schooling new members to edit and stuff like that instead of having me, or another administrator, have to come in and start yelling and stuff. Then everyone hates the "mall cop" for coming in an enforcing the rules.

Package out for delivery. Pics of quality to come as soon as I have them in hand. 

if you wanna support a cause then go DONATE!

rocking pink shoes made by Nike aint gonna save no lives especially since nothing went to charity.

/thread

Why close thread? This is the 88' III topic. :lol:

Agree with you on that "breast cancer" foam b/s though.

Overall it was a very disappointing day. I'm sort of new to these shoe releases and such and was wondering what the best tips people could give.

Foolishly I was awake at 3 am to get these shoes before realizing the release was at 3 pm.. On no sleep I waited to get them at the correct time and at a tab of every shoe site with 3 different devices running I was unsuccessful after 3 hours of constantly trying to add to cart and staring at finishlines sorry we suck page.

So clearly my method didn't work and was wondering what you all did that would be better. Thnks from the newbie

I have been pretty successful lately with some "tougher" online releases. The method I can suggest is follows.

1) Open all the sites in different tabs and log into your accounts at least an hour prior to release time, or you might not be able to get on. (you should have already created free member accounts and registered billing and shipping information if possible)

2) Open twitter and make sure you are following all the correct retailers carrying the product

3) Now it's time to decide on one primary source/retailer. Don't try to add your pair on 2 or 3 different sites/retailers on different tabs or devices (unless you have multiple people helping). Keep those tabs/links open, because they may come in handy later. In my experience it's best to just attempt with one retailer for the first 20 to 30 minutes. Eventually sites will temporarily crash, take longer to reply, etc. During that time you can attempt to throw pairs in carts with other retailers, because you might get lucky.

4) Keep an eye on twitter! Retailers will tweet as the run out of pairs, or sell out completely, but their webpage may not show that yet. No sense in trying if they're all gone, time to move on to another retailer. Also, retailers occasionally post that they have not sold out, and the server is trying to processes orders. When a retailer says they are trying to process, it's sometimes a good idea to try them because people with slower connections may get booted from the site when they "time-out".

5) Don't give up. I started with footlocker, but ended up scoring from Finishline some 90 minutes after the release time. I just kept an eye on twitter and Finishline said they still had every size over an hour after release. I knew this meant their server was having problems and crashing and booting people. That's when I jumped on and scored a pair fairly quickly.

The main thing I would stress is, don't give up, it can take a long time.

- Jason

That's great advice that works for you, but that's mad work. Things def changed :smh:

Back
Top Bottom