Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Just when I told myself I was gonna chill on buying Jordans. :smh: Oh well, these will be copped since I missed out on the 2011's. :smokin

I have my originals from 88 (worn) and several DS pairs of "Nike Air" 3s from 2001. Carting them through several moves, and taking care to store them, now seems like it was a waste of time. Once these 2013 joints drop, my collection becomes irrelevant. The point of collecting (i.e., having old or rare stuff that nobody has because they're not made any more) is now moot. EVERYTHING is being rereleased. Nothing old is special. Just wait a year and it will be back. I mean, Nike released the 3s last year! Part of why I always liked buying shoes was to have something special that not everyone else had. That has become impossible. What's next? Danny Supa Dunk retros? Eminem Jordan 2s? I'll always buy shoes, but my mindset now is strictly to wear them. Collecting is a total waste of time and money.

wait so you were a collector, and now you're saying that collecting is a waste of time? which one is it? Like I quoted above....Nike Air should've never had this mentality as a "precious pedestal to collectors" to preserve the collectors and OGs J's. That was Gentry's stupid thinking.

To be really discouraged at JB because Nike Air is returning on an Air Jordan, shows the real mindset on how people look at Jordans. Being that the mindset isn't truly sentimental at all to begin with.

Ehhh. Honestly, I feel like JB could've done a better job.
Why would I want THE SAME SHOE that released in 2011 with the only difference being "Nike Air?"
They should have put the Nike Air on a different shoe that we haven't seen in a while.
Don't get me wrong, i'm for Nike Air, just not on the same shoe that was released almost 2 years ago.

totally agree

I'm good with my 2011's. Good to see OG collectors getting ******* on. I love when they cry about their precious OG's.

Why would I want THE SAME SHOE that released in 2011 with the only difference being "Nike Air?"

Maybe not you, but they know that most ppl who copped last year will be gunning for these. It's pretty much a slap in the face.

Missed out on the 2011 release, getting a pair is a must.

Last edited:
As much as I love this, you think they would of waited for them to fall off, and soon as that happens, bam bring back Nike Air!!!! These will be impossible to get

So what's the status of the shoes? Retail: $250? Limited to 1988 pairs and HOH's only? :smh:...sickening!~

I keep my 2010's in constant rotation. Comfy all around great shoe. Not to mention one of my all time favs. Def gonna cop a pair whether or not Nike Air or Jumpman is on the back.

They prolly gonna make only 88 in the world in honor of 1988 or even worse 3 for the serial # Jordan it is in the series...watch..you know how JB is either that or they gonna charge $500 ....dipset

Honestly rather have them re-retro the Infrared VI w/ no pack and do it right...right material and right shade of infrared w/ no Nike Air .....put THAT OUT

Last edited:
I have my originals from 88 (worn) and several DS pairs of "Nike Air" 3s from 2001. Carting them through several moves, and taking care to store them, now seems like it was a waste of time. Once these 2013 joints drop, my collection becomes irrelevant. The point of collecting (i.e., having old or rare stuff that nobody has because they're not made any more) is now moot. EVERYTHING is being rereleased. Nothing old is special. Just wait a year and it will be back. I mean, Nike released the 3s last year! Part of why I always liked buying shoes was to have something special that not everyone else had. That has become impossible. What's next? Danny Supa Dunk retros? Eminem Jordan 2s? I'll always buy shoes, but my mindset now is strictly to wear them. Collecting is a total waste of time and money.

That makes no sense. You're talking about the 01 retros and then the OG's. The OG's lost little to no value when the 2001's came out. Stop man. I remember that plain as day.

Of course, the ones who've never seen Mike actually play ball will be wearing these :x :smh:.

Congrats to those who are going crazy now. I was buying retro's when they first released them with the NA.

Last edited:
Didn't cop the white cements.
Those will be copped.. Me.. My wife..and I will get her fam n my fam to all try n cop.

This completely BLOWS for anyone with an OG or a 94 retro. Makes them almost worthless.. And pointless for taking care of
Them

Will try to scooped them up and just like the millions of sneaker enthusiastic/ it's a win or fail haha

Wow. The hype is gonna be real for these, but I don't expect it to be as big as the Yeezys unless they are super limited (around 3000 pairs made) and online only. First time the Nike Air on the White Cement 3's makes a comeback since 1994 :wow:

Really hope these are a General Release so everybody has a chance to purchase and wear.

Last edited:
Didn't cop the white cements.
Those will be copped.. Me.. My wife..and I will get her fam n my fam to all try n cop.
This completely BLOWS for anyone with an OG or a 94 retro. Makes them almost worthless.. And pointless for taking care of
Them

No, not completely true. The OG's and 94 retros were made very well with a higher ankle cut, so from a collectors standpoint it's still a higher valued rendition.

Wow. The hype is gonna be real for these, but I don't expect it to be as big as the Yeezys unless they are super limited (around 3000 pairs made) and online only. First time the Nike Air on the White Cement 3's makes a comeback since 1988 :wow:

Will definitely try to purchase and wear for sure.
You mean 1994.

Last edited:
This just confirms I'm selling my entire collection now. Obviously they can bring out the Nike Air logo anytime so the garbage I have now will all be sold.

Back
Top Bottom