Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Is that Leather soft And smooth like the 2003's...... Or is it the same exact shoe as the 2011 retro just with nike logo ???

Last edited:
Y'all are crackin me up with this fake leather talk. It might not be the nicest leather, but its still real.

the 2011 white cements did have real leather. the true blues and black cements may not have, but the white cements did for sure.

If i can, I would like to pick up a pair...will wait for more info though

No, it's not. Do you know how much real leather costs? Shoes from Adidas, Reebok, Nike, etc. are all made out of synthetic leather for them to be the price they are right now. The only places you're gonna find real leather shoes are gonna be in Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Sak's, etc. Go in there and tell me how much their shoes are.
I beg to differ sir. Again, the leather you see on modern retro Jordans don't match up with the quality you see in dress shoes from Neiman Marcus. That doesn't make it fake. That just makes the ones from Neiman Marcus VERY nice. The only area you are right is in that parts of the shoe are sometimes synthetic leather (most often on the tongue). But it's OBVIOUS when it is fake. Cases and points:

1) The Cool Grey XII's. The body of the shoe is made of a genuine nubuck in grey. The tongue, however, is of a synthetic type material. It's trying to emulate the body of the shoe, but the difference is noticeable. If you were right about the shoe's not having real leather, then the body of the shoe would have the same exact synthetic material as the tongue. (Even the shade of grey is ever-so-slightly off. The tumbled leather you see on the shoe around the side near the midsole is real as well. Genuine leather creases in a certain manner, synthetics crack, not crease.

2) Stealth Grey III's. The majority of the shoe is grey nubuck, genuine. The tongue is made of a black material that is supposed to look like black nubuck. It's actually pretty close but still OBVIOUSLY synthetic.

3)Synthetic Nubuck has a furry, fabric like quality. If you are trying to tell me that the recent Nubuck releases aren't genuine leather, then you really don't know your materials. You could even argue that the Cavs IVs were made with nice Nubuck.

4)Again, the creases. Only real leather will incur those very fine creases you see after initial wears. Synthetic leather doesn't crease until the material breaks down and actually cracks (this is only the case with smooth synthetics, not the nubuck type of synthetics that will never crack). Some leathers crease easier, and more fine, than others. For example, the 2012 Military IVs....that leather is very soft, and gets very fine, spider web type creases very easily all over the shoe, even around lace eyelets. The shoe also gets bigger creases along flex points in the shoe. On the other side of the spectrum is the 2012 White Cement IVs. That leather is very, very firm....to the point where it only really creases at major flex points in the shoe. If that material were synthetic, it would crack, instead of crease like it does because it is so firm. Synthetics that are that firm crack very easily...all the way through the material.

Durabuck, however, IS a synthetic material and it shows. The edges of the cuts have a furry, synthetic appearance and feel to it. But people like it, because it's OG (and it's more durable).

I know everyone loves to bash Jordan Brand quality. The truth is, the quality is actually kind of decent. It's the price that makes the quality bad. For 160-185, the leathers should be nicer, the stitching should be cleaner. But it's really not that bad. If these were 110 dollar sneakers, the quality would actually be pretty nice (and that's still a pricey level).

Last edited:
Since they just came out, this will for sure be a limited special package costing like $300 with a suitcase and/or Jordan blazer/letterman jacket.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put premium leather on these. Limited quantity, premium leather, I can already hear the gunshots now.

No, it's not. Do you know how much real leather costs? Shoes from Adidas, Reebok, Nike, etc. are all made out of synthetic leather for them to be the price they are right now. The only places you're gonna find real leather shoes are gonna be in Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Sak's, etc. Go in there and tell me how much their shoes are.

The Air Jordan 2012's had real leather. Have you seen or held those in person? Cause the quality on those are amazing. Yeah, the majority of the leathers out there now are synthetic, but there are some (not many) that have legitimate leather.

Real leather would make the shoes $300+. No sneaker you see in FNL, FTL, etc. are made of real leather.
smh.gif

i got a feeling the JB has a little scheme up there sleeves ...

what are they trying to do here ? .

out of no where they are releasing all these sneakers with the infamous "Nike Air" tag on em . Wich for so many years they told us that they would never do again to signify there independence as a company .

hmmm .. interesting .

im all up for it , but i feel like they are cooking something up .

^^almost like the Disney vault theory. Let's kick out these sought after retros and never retro them again. (Jb laughing all the way to the bank...and retro them in 2 years)

I need my old account back! These won't have the quality of the OGs i got a stack on it! Cracking after 3wears

They are out of ideas's. They should have never took it off when releasing OG colorways. Only the retro + should have had the jumpman. Jordan and Jordan brand have 0 respect for it's long time fans that built this brand. He must be good friends with George Lucas too. Lucas cares little about the diehards that made him rich beyond belief also. Sorry for my rant but I called this long ago and it bothers me it took this long. This shouldn't be a special release this is a proper release.

Why do they do this. Just make them a GR so people that want them can get them. I'm not falling for this :smh:

Why do they do this. Just make them a GR so people that want them can get them. I'm not falling for this :smh:
they literally just came out. And honestly they were an easy cop if you wanted them and dont have them you either didnt save up or didnt try hard enough.
These will not be that way

Also it is an online only release. NDC will crash just as much and many wont get their pairs

Smh wow Jb I feel so stupid buying doubles of the last release... so durabuck on the 4 5 and 6 3m on the 13s higher cut of patent leather on 11s is all conning soon huh?? Idk if I should stop buying shoes or not man.. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to see nike air back but it's just too soon after the 11 release ... But who am I kidding these are the same people who dropped a black and varsity red 6 a white and varsity red 6 and then turned around and dropped a infrared pack months later

Smh wow Jb I feel so stupid buying doubles of the last release... so durabuck on the 4 5 and 6 3m on the 13s higher cut of patent leather on 11s is all conning soon huh?? Idk if I should stop buying shoes or not man.. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to see nike air back but it's just too soon after the 11 release ... But who am I kidding these are the same people who dropped a black and varsity red 6 a white and varsity red 6 and then turned around and dropped a infrared pack months later
before this pending release of da nike air jordan III's da most obvious money grab was that infrared pack, even though i ended up being right about them releasing

what they did was straight snake oil selling to da 100th degree. you got a messageboard that wouldn't let a rumor die after da varsity VI's black and red, and white and red

joints released, and they turn around, break out da "vintage" infrared colors and slap em on da same ashy larry sude jordan VI's instead of giving us that dope durabuck..and

of course nike air was off those are well (to their credit, da leather on da white/infrareds was one of da best softest feeling material in a while up to that point)

...oh so do we expect a release of those wit correct period materials with nike air? i hope so if we're talking long distance..but

da fact of da matter is they should've never took it off it da first place, and that quality should've never faltered from excellence. da only sneakers i gotta worry about cracking

paint from only rocking em 2-3 times is retro jordans, and they charging 160+ for em. you dont have to worry about sneakers that cost 1/3 of that price doing that on a consistent

basis. thats why da return of da nike air label is shocking, in a good and bad way.....now that its back, is this symbolism of a return to excellence or is it another cash grab

snake oil snow job....time will only tell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom