Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

I think there had always been hype, but the Concords is what turned every release into a "sold out in the blink of an eye" release.
Exactly.. everything still usually sold out same day..not now these kids are (or at least were) before the rafflles lining up days in advance.

my local nike store had dudes out there 2 or 3 days early before the release of the 2012 white cement 4s.:smh:

**** just last year i picked up the XI ie low at 6pm on release day.. this year we got fugazi colored 4s and 9s selling out instantly. Maybe a bad comparison but you get the point.

Last edited:
I will even say Space Jam hype > Concord hype.
From my personal experience:

For the Space Jams, I was first in line at 6:30 a.m. and the next person to come after me was at 7 a.m.

For the Concords, I got there at 7 a.m. and there were 50+ people 
sick.gif

That Concord hype was crazy, so I disagree with your statement, but if you take out hype then I agree 100% 
happy.gif

Space Jams > Concords 

No thanks. They're not "Nike Air Jordans" they're "Jordan Brand Jordans". Quality will be terrible as usual. Hype kills.

Debatable. Jb seems to do well with tributes. Like the banneds had great quality, so I wouldn't expect poor quality on these.

Anyway, If these stay online only the hype for the royals may decrease since everyone will be computer camping :smile:

Somewhere in the country, there is a kid already waiting in line for these.

:smh:

I foresee another "Galaxy" style release.

Shameful.

It's honestly been a good 5-6 years since I've been in the JB section, but I had to click when I saw this on NT front page.

My favorite shoe of all time this time with the Nike Air on the back!? Do ******g want.

Debatable. Jb seems to do well with tributes. Like the banneds had great quality, so I wouldn't expect poor quality on these.
Anyway, If these stay online only the hype for the royals may decrease since everyone will be computer camping :smile:

Solid point in the Banneds. Even better point on the online only release. I'd rather have Royals anyway.

How ironc would it be if they made all future releases with NA on them and all if a sudden the older retros with the jumpman become coveted because they're no longer being produced.

Looks like there is more padding in the ankle area than the 2011 3's. But unfortunately it looks rather lumpy. More padding=good (not in everyone's opinion), lumpy padding = bad (I think almost everyone's opinion).
laugh.gif

I'm interested if someone could delve into the Niketalk archives and pinpoint the exact post/moment when the Nike Air griping began.  Funny to me, the essence of the shoe hasn't changed, but that little detail hurts so many people's feelings.

Okay so are these ONLY an online exclusive release? And what is the retail price...? Think I seen someone say $200 few pages back 
grin.gif

For those of you preordering, IF this is an online only release, don't you question the prerelease/preorder sites that have these?

The thing about these are they aren't 100% OG. Apparently the soles will still have Jordan on the bottom. Why would they go through the trouble of a limited release in honor of a moment and not do the shoe 100%? Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but....

The thing about these are they aren't 100% OG. Apparently the soles will still have Jordan on the bottom. Why would they go through the trouble of a limited release in honor of a moment and not do the shoe 100%? Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but....
agree 100%...go all the way...not half ***!

I have been reading up on these alot and nowhere have i seen a $200+ price tag. Actually the only price iv seen has been $160. Also have not read anything bout online only realease but im sure it will b limited.

The essence of the shoe has changed when you use non accurate molds, cheaper materials and different logos. What's fascinating to me are the younger individuals that are so concerned with us older heads who prefer the shoe to look exactly how it was originally released. A large majority of the new cats mainly wear J's because it's the "cool" thing to wear and have no regard for the actual history of the shoe. Individuals who get upset about the shoe being butchered are passionate about the line and the history.

Back
Top Bottom