Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

My pair came from Nike Store EU yesterday. No extra retro card just the regular 3 one. On this pair the elephant print matches (thickness, colours, depth etc) and the quality is almost perfect ( for JB standards). My pair from the US release Elephant print did not match and they had the usual JB flaws that most others complained about. Perhaps just a coincidence but maybe the extra time they had for the EU release improved quality control on EU pairs or I just got lucky. Either way I'm happy as I can now rock the US pair and stock the perfect EU pair
I copped 3 pairs (instore, NDC, FTL online) and can only talk about the first 2 pairs.

First pair grabbed at Nike store (in Paris) quality is on top while the one I ordered from NDC has some glue issues (left&right shoes below). IF they had any stock left in their warehouse I would have sent them back...Now are difficult times sigh

No retro card for EU releases indeed

My pair came from Nike Store EU yesterday. No extra retro card just the regular 3 one. On this pair the elephant print matches (thickness, colours, depth etc) and the quality is almost perfect ( for JB standards). My pair from the US release Elephant print did not match and they had the usual JB flaws that most others complained about. Perhaps just a coincidence but maybe the extra time they had for the EU release improved quality control on EU pairs or I just got lucky. Either way I'm happy as I can now rock the US pair and stock the perfect EU pair
More likely Nike kept the best pairs for themselves, ordered from Footlocker eu (got through with mobile link at 3-15 a.m just as I was getting ready to head out to London to queue) whoever quality controlled packing must have been on the sauce, elephant print does not match, elephant print cut at back of shoe 5mm higher on right shoe, tongue longer on one shoe,paint missing on AIR wording to back tab, usual disgusting smell of latest Jordan 111s shoes out of box - only shoe that smells like you have been wearing them for years before you put them on first time. Was thinking about sending them back but not going to get a replacement. £165.00 for a pair of shoes that I  paid £85 for in 2006 (fire reds) which were better quality are still in good condition apart from the usual midsole cracking. How long are these things going to last before paint cracks?

Been a Jordan wearer for years when they were hard to source in UK but they were always worth getting, now the hype means they can reduce quality and increase price and we still keep going back, Nike certainly know how to run a business

So I'm not alone lol. I see people around here all the time wearing the hang tag so I was just curious. One of those things like the sticker on a fitted hat 
The worst is a grown man wearing the hangtag on their shoes.  I can give some slack to teenagers doing it but grown men, get a clue.

More likely Nike kept the best pairs for themselves, ordered from Footlocker eu (got through with mobile link at 3-15 a.m just as I was getting ready to head out to London to queue) whoever quality controlled packing must have been on the sauce, elephant print does not match, elephant print cut at back of shoe 5mm higher on right shoe, tongue longer on one shoe,paint missing on AIR wording to back tab, usual disgusting smell of latest Jordan 111s shoes out of box - only shoe that smells like you have been wearing them for years before you put them on first time. Was thinking about sending them back but not going to get a replacement. £165.00 for a pair of shoes that I  paid £85 for in 2006 (fire reds) which were better quality are still in good condition apart from the usual midsole cracking. How long are these things going to last before paint cracks?

Been a Jordan wearer for years when they were hard to source in UK but they were always worth getting, now the hype means they can reduce quality and increase price and we still keep going back, Nike certainly know how to run a business
Put in a complaint on nike.com, i complained about my 13 he got games having a crease on the toebox and got 15% off code for my next order.

Never received them today :frown: ups delay....and tomorrow + monday are holidays so i wont get them until tuesday..crying myself to sleep tonight! just hope to god i get a decent pair for once.

Last edited:
Put in a complaint on nike.com, i complained about my 13 he got games having a crease on the toebox and got 15% off code for my next order.

Never received them today :frown: ups delay....and tomorrow + monday are holidays so i wont get them until tuesday..crying myself to sleep tonight! just hope to god i get a decent pair for once.
How bad was the toe? Was it significant enough to wear you can tell looking from far or only from close up?

So I'm not alone lol. I see people around here all the time wearing the hang tag so I was just curious. One of those things like the sticker on a fitted hat 

The worst is a grown man wearing the hangtag on their shoes.  I can give some slack to teenagers doing it but grown men, get a clue.

...and I'm sure everything you do is so grown up. Why would you care if people choose to wear the hang tag?

...and I'm sure everything you do is so grown up. Why would you care if people choose to wear the hang tag?
Don't start trolling me for a conflict to get a slight perk up of your own e-pride.  We are commenting about a population doing something questionable and you want to come at me directly with a few smart questions.  Plus those cheap silver chains stretch out eyelets and leave marks on the upper/sockliner if continually worn on the shoe.

Back to the 88's. Lot's of products come with original hang tags and pieces of flair, doesn't mean they're intended for use or wear.  I personally find it annoying when you see someone walking and there is a piece of plastic swinging back and forth off of a shoe. 

Last edited:
EU heads, were there 2 cards included in your release? Hearing rumors that there was a retro card alongside the usual jordan 3 pamphlet.
No just one card. You can see a small portion of the card included in my Instagram profile (same username).

These sold out everywhere very fast and only a few pairs where available in most big european towns (as far as my information goes).  

So folks who have both the 2011 and the 2013, is the comfort the same?

I've only wore the 2011's once, but all the 3s from that year feel pretty good.

Don't start trolling me for a conflict to get a slight perk up of your own e-pride.  We are commenting about a population doing something questionable and you want to come at me directly with a few smart questions.  Plus those cheap silver chains stretch out eyelets and leave marks on the upper/sockliner if continually worn on the shoe.

Back to the 88's. Lot's of products come with original hang tags and pieces of flair, doesn't mean they're intended for use or wear.  I personally find it annoying when you see someone walking and there is a piece of plastic swinging back and forth off of a shoe. 

E-pride? Ok dude, if you say so. What is so questionable about someone wanting to wear their hang tag? Like I'm sure you have seen posted here before, let people do what they want with THEIR shoes. Nobody needs anybody else's approval much less yours to rock what they want. You sound so bent on what other people decided to do with their apparel. Stop worrying about.

Last edited:
Nice! I have a bunch of Breds, and I wouldn't mind trading for a pair of these. However, I have trust issues with trading. I need to know 100% that their shoes were purchased from a Nike Authorized dealer. Too many out there passing off-site pairs as 100% authentic, nd most of the time you cant really tell until you break apart the shoe!

I've never executed a trade... Too scared, honestly.

...and I'm sure everything you do is so grown up.  Why would you care if people choose to wear the hang tag?

E-pride? Ok dude, if you say so. What is so questionable about someone wanting to wear their hang tag? Like I'm sure you have seen posted here before, let people do what they want with THEIR shoes. Nobody needs anybody else's approval much less yours to rock what they want. You sound so bent on what other people decided to do with their apparel. Stop worrying about.

Edited by RetroSneaks26 - Today at 3:12 pm

You may or may not be remember the show Hee Haw.  It had a woman by the name of Minnie Pearl who wore a hat with the tags still on it.

It was a gag, a joke and made to poke fun at.  

The crowd laughed at her antics.

Just sayin'...

But, do what you want.  Rock how you want.

Just sayin'...

That's a nice hat. Only if I was a hat person..some people just shouldn't wear hats you know? And fortunately I realize I am one of those people.

Still arguing bout that hangtag huh LMAO I got a pair of Olympic 7's size 13 NDS I'll trade for a size 12 or 11.5 of the AJ3 88's Lemme know
Outside of the fact that you aren't allowed to post this here, who in the hell would make this trade with you.

Trade you a pair of shoes that are difficult as hell to cop for a decent price for shoes that have been restocked to death.

Outside of the fact that you aren't allowed to post this here, who in the hell would make this trade with you.
Trade you a pair of shoes that are difficult as hell to cop for a decent price for shoes that have been restocked to death.
Right!?!? Who!?!

Back
Top Bottom