:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by Remedial

Well, since my inquiries on which stores had RSVP and whether EB had a restock fell upon deaf ears, I'd like to comment on the Niketown closings.  Living in Miami where ours just closed, my belief is that it wasn't feasible to keep that location open because the traffic is almost nil on days not associated with a special release.  That coupled with the fact that the sneaker game is dominated by folks searching solely for special drops, the cost of leasing a space and paying an entire staff to basically babysit a store until the next major drop is futile.
I've always thought a better business model would have been to have constant restocks of the special releases (in small amounts, of course) while integrating a NikeID studio in every location to satisfy that niche market.  The restocks would keep heads constantly coming through to check for what's gotten replenished this week and the NikeID would definitely be a boon. Then, just round out the locations with services geared towards runners, which I'm sure is the next tier of their customerbase.  Treadmills for testing shoes, devices for determining the best shoe for each customer, etc...

I know some of us would frown on the constant restock model I mentioned, but, honestly, I think that Nike's own forced exclusivity and shortened supply is hurting the company and the buyer.  When you know you have to compete with cats who are trying to get 5-10 pairs of a shoe to resell and you can't even get one, either you're going to work harder, pay outrageous reseller prices or quit.  I'm sure most folks just quit, as I have at times in the past.  With this model, even if you go into NT and don't find the particular sneaker you're dying to have, you might luck up on something else that you may have missed or could use another pair of, thus reinforcing brand allegiance and customer confidence.

With those changes, they'd start having the kind of traffic that you want and then the only other thing would be to train staff so that customers feel welcome and not like the staff is doing them a favor by helping them (which I'm sure we've all experienced) and getting the aforementioned traffic to buy something.  Akin to a car salesman asking what it would take for him to get you into a car today.
The Niketown would have worked if the space wasn't so big. The rent and the staffing must have killed them. Also, it sucked to pay for parking there.
Most Niketown's normally have a pretty big square yardage.  The one in SF was 3 levels, each as big and sprawling as the floors at the one in Miami.  And,  yes, the paid parking was ridiculous.  They definitely should have given you at least the first hour for free.  And, that staff was useless anyway.  Holier than thou types.  Wonder if they're still better than us now that they no longer work for NT.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Definitely gonna have to look into that.  Which matte finish spray do you recommend?
Definitely Krylon. Not only has it worked well on Jordans, it also worked well on my South Beach Lebron 8s. it really protected the Teal color from rubbing off.
Thanks fam.  I'm definitely gonna have to get a bottle of this stuff.

Hatin on you having South Beaches btw
laugh.gif
Do you guys mind posting a tutorial for this? I've been wanting to bust out my BC III's, but I weight 250 so I'm sure they're going to crack
laugh.gif

Price dem drop. Guy was asking 260 or 80. Then came to 250 and now he's conceded to me 220. I need to get him to 210 just for being greedy

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

I can't believe I got scammed. Found out another user did too.
30t6p3b.gif

I hope some will be availaibe on the 11th or so of June when i get my next check.
I'm the other guy that got scammed by dipsetkid44 aka Joseph Martin aka martinj1807@gmail.com. He also claimed to be eBay user shoegame_23. FWIW, the origin of the tracking number was Evanston, IL I'll just say it's my fault for trusting him too much. I've done "gift" payment transactions with a few other NT members (before the current rule) in the past, but they were seasoned and had refs. I'll admit I was a bit salty for missing out online and through all the options in my area, and was a bit quick to jump the gun with the price we agreed on - no excuse either way. Big lesson learned and it's on to the next.

I been trying to trade my sz.11 for a sz.12 since release day but no luck. Do ya'll think I should just sell the sz.11 for market value and cop a 12?

finishline.com sent me my pairs in 2 box halves... but didn't even tape the 2 boxes together 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

the 2 boxes slid apart 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Thank God no one at fedex stole any 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

finishline.com sent me my pairs in 2 box halves... but didn't even tape the 2 boxes together 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

the 2 boxes slid apart 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Thank God no one at fedex stole any 
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
 Man they're bogus for that
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bhakc001

30t6p3b.gif

I hope some will be availaibe on the 11th or so of June when i get my next check.
I'm the other guy that got scammed by dipsetkid44 aka Joseph Martin aka martinj1807@gmail.com. He also claimed to be eBay user shoegame_23. FWIW, the origin of the tracking number was Evanston, IL I'll just say it's my fault for trusting him too much. I've done "gift" payment transactions with a few other NT members (before the current rule) in the past, but they were seasoned and had refs. I'll admit I was a bit salty for missing out online and through all the options in my area, and was a bit quick to jump the gun with the price we agreed on - no excuse either way. Big lesson learned and it's on to the next.

I know. I just didn't want to put your name out there. Are you trying to get another pair? I will but I won't get paid till mid June. Ill try to scoop these and the militaries at the same time. If not, at least ill be getting all the OG colors.

Originally Posted by bhakc001

30t6p3b.gif

I know. I just didn't want to put your name out there. Are you trying to get another pair? I will but I won't get paid till mid June. Ill try to scoop these and the militaries at the same time. If not, at least ill be getting all the OG colors.
That sucks man people like that make it hard for everyone else. that guy sucks and I just blasted his email with some hate for ya

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i guess the price bombed on these

but resell and hood stores still have these priced high at least in nyc

I think the only reason that prices have dropped is because alot of people who wanted them got them and the reselling hoarders are getting desperate since South Beach/Miami Vice Lebrons drop next week.now THAT shoe will skyrocket due to the anticipation of the sequel to the South Beach colorway. not to mention those are much more limited than the Cavs were. 

Only reason I think Nike called these the Cavs has to be because Melo didn't want to wear them.
This is a Knicks colorway and we all know how much MJ loved putting on a show in the Garden.
Had they called them the Knicks there might have been riots for them in NY/NJ.

Originally Posted by toneloc83

Originally Posted by jkim5157

Originally Posted by apthekid

Dude, pretty much EVERY sneaker is being sold above retail MINUTES after release, nevermind years after.  How is that a false prophecy??  Can't you sell almost EVERY OG Jordan for above retail right now, especially if DS? 

Kinda confused at your backwards (non) logic
frown.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif

I can share some of my opinions on this issue from experience. I am currently selling my collection now because of financial hardship, but not having much luck, even on some of my deadstock sneakers. It might be a great idea at the moment to buy what's hot and in now, but later down the road most of the sneakers lose their hype and depreciate in value. I am very surprised it was going to be this hard to sell old sneakers that are BRAND NEW. For example, I cannot sell my deadstock Olympic 6's (2008) for the life of me. They were the ones that were multi-colored with the embroidering on the toe box. They were "limited" and retailed at $175. I'm lucky if I get $175 back, but I wouldn't get the tax that I paid for back, which was like $15. Basically I lost money and time. After I experienced this, I realized I have purchased many sneakers that were not flying off my shelves as I would like. But, again, I am dealing with people from craigslist 
indifferent.gif
. freakin' hagglers.
I believe some kicks could be used as an investment but that would be a bad example for a shoe used as such.
grin.gif

Agreed. Those are ugly.

Back
Top Bottom