Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SALES

got my 3 pairs

2mrtshc.jpg

You might wanna return a pair and get an air conditioner to ditch that fan...

Originally Posted by teemaku

Originally Posted by BigPoint

Well it's over retail but Sneaker St. has them up now fsr. Best of luck, if you wanna drop $265 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

http://sneaker.st/index.p...duct&product_id=8192
Thanks Big Point! Good looking out man! Copped the last sz 9!

I was about to pull the trigger at ISS for $300 but good thing I saw your post!

Hope you got yours today. Thanks again bro!

No problem man!! Just trying to do my part. Glad you were able to save a few bucks
pimp.gif

I was unsuccessful last night, but my girl scored 2 size 14's for me. I think I owe her a nice dinner

Originally Posted by Franco23x

Originally Posted by NyDunkhead

You get a pair? 

Nope LI is crazy today sold out everywhere I looked before 9:00am, I had to get from a Euro site this is madness
indifferent.gif

Yea I went out at 10 to see if I could find a pair, already have 2 locked up but people here take it to a whole new level 
mad.gif

What mall(s) did you hit up?

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by bootyologist24

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ this little kid waiting 6+ hrs and saying they were an "easy cop".

Wow!!!!
laugh.gif
!.  Try sleeping in until 10-11 and going to get some breakfast, then making a trip to your local spot and swoopin up a pair, chatting with your boys about how sweet they are.  Debating on whether you want anther pair or not.  Leaving with your one pair only to go walk around the mall for another hour or so.  Finally getting some lunch with the boys and busting your kix out for all to see, realizing, "Damn, these are clean, should get another pai
eek.gif
r".  After eating lunch and admiring on the sweetness of the AIR JORDAN, saying eff it and going back for another size to complete the double copp, hours after release, then high fiving all the fellas on a good day
smokin.gif
.  Two kix later, and a fit to go with it, that's an easy copp  little man.
pimp.gif
  Im sure you were a tadpole back then and cant really relate but big ups to your dedication and work.  I seen alot of parents out there rolling their eyes and kids keeping their distance just to prevent their parents from getting frustrated and possibly changing their mind
roll.gif

Man, it's funny how times have changed.

An easy cop, was me walking in to the store slightly after 10am back in 1999 to buy a pair of white cements for me and my boy who was at work, back when they released during the middle of the week.

An easy cop was not having to rush to buy the white cement III's online in under two minutes praying the site doesn't crash or freeze up.

Now guys think standing in line for 5 and 10 hours is an easy cop. I guess not everyone thinks their time is valuable. [shrug]
yeah ma I love them days.  Mine were copped at JCPenny's if that doesn't say something about "Back in thE dAY", nothing will.  Remind you, these kids waiting around hours on in are the ones who swear life is tough when their ell phone bill is too high, or internet connection is slow and cant get thru due to servers crashing.  It was all about the beepers....07734!
laugh.gif

SO PISSED!!! FNL has my bank account tied up for $360 on two orders that must not have went through (no confirmation email)... so I can't even attempt to cop somewhere else.... 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by NyDunkhead

Nope LI is crazy today sold out everywhere I looked before 9:00am, I had to get from a Euro site this is madness
indifferent.gif

Yea I went out at 10 to see if I could find a pair, already have 2 locked up but people here take it to a whole new level 
mad.gif

What mall(s) did you hit up?
I only went to Roosevelt.. gonna call stores in the Source mall to see if they have anything (impossible) 
Should have checked but was to raged to go 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Stork

I waited an hour in line for footlocker to open early at 9am @ west covina mall, i was probably 35th in line and they sold out after 10 or 15 mins, they only got 49 pairs.  Got in line at champs, turns out they only got around 12 pairs
bd136e7629a6887acf623c682d6773c31d79eb6c.gif
. only spot left was Sheikh, and there 100+ people in line, wasted 1 hr 45 min in lines 
39016e2289c03f207d1bdb35c3c9d5cb79b18496.gif
now just gotta try and find 11.5 online ugh

Yeah I've heard it's tough at West Covina mall. But what I don't get is that you were 35th and they had 49 pairs. How did you not get yours? Were they letting people ahead of you double up?

On a scale of 1-5 where 1 is easy and 5 is the most difficult, this release was a 3 for me.

2 different malls, 4 different stores total AND I wasn't able to buy a pair for my friend due to the last store I went to having like 10 pairs total and I was like #38 out of about 70 in line.

First I tried the mall that I work at (Mall of Georgia) at 7:30 thinking that it will be an easy cop. Foot Locker and Finishline were the only 2 stores getting them. I get inside the mall and don't see a line so I'm thinking everything is all good. Wrong. Security sees me and directs me outside the mall to this long behind line. Mall of GA NEVER had lines outside the mall until the concord release.
The Second mall I went to allowed us to line up inside because there are like 5 stores inside the mall that had them. I got there around 8:15 and went to Foot Locker because they were the first to open. Here's FTL's line:

Next thing I know, the front half of the line walks off looking pissed because FTL ran out of sizes 8-11 so I thought I was good since I wore a 14. Nope. But FTL sent us down the hall to Champs after giving us tickets with our size on it. I got my ticket, so I got my pair shortly after 9am.

Then I went to Wish ATL and got there at 10am to cop a pair for a friend of mine who happens to be a fellow NT'er. There were about 60 people in line, maybe more, and I was #38. They only had about 10 pairs in the whole store and didn't bother to tell everyone in line what they had when they opened at 12pm. I stood in line for 2 hours to help my boy and walked away without his pair. Wish was wrong for that BS they pulled. Shady bastards.

Thanks to Forty Four 4s for helping me out with the info, was up all night online with no luck NDC didn't come thru and FNL cancelled my order so Iooked to NT for help and as usual you all came thru!  I recently came out of retirement for some retros cause I just got back into playing ball after an injury, these Jordans bring back some memories!  The IV's have to be my all time favorites! Can't wait for the breds later but that's gonna be crazy! If I find out any info I'll be sure to let you guys know, peace out, aloha and have a great day for those of you who got your pair congrats, for those who didn't keep trying you'll get it!  Take care of each other!

Originally Posted by realdillxxx

I didn't get my size 12 but I'll let the hype fade out. Prices will come back to earth just like they did with the concords. Two weeks ago I got 2 pair of concords, one for $290 and one for $275 and normally size 12 is hard to find for that price.

That's considered coming back to earth? Those prices? SMH. And let's be real, if you check eBay you'll find Concords still selling weekly for more than that. I highly doubt these drop down to the 200-225 range, but we'll see. A few people said NDC orders placed before the site was taken down around 2:30 AM would be cancelled. For that reason I copped in person today. I've never sold above retail, so I think I would rather trade than gouge with these extra pairs I have coming next week. Reality is though the market deems it fair to sell these 250-300. And unlike some other communities I'm a part of and things I collect, no one has ever offered me a deal on retail sneakers round these parts. PTOne may be the only dude that actually buys for others without imposing a tax.

Can't we be real and admit that even on NT there's a lot of shady people? Resellers, liars, just not good people? There's also some excellent ones, but I haven't found too many people who want to do mutually beneficial trades or work connections for each other. And it makes sense: by nature this is a very materialistic and greed oriented collector/style community. Just the fact that people call it a "game" speaks to the level of manipulation at a high level.

I've come to grips that this isn't what it was when I was 8-16 years old and buying the one new model or a couple color ways to play basketball in, to "be like Mike" or show my support of my hometown team. It's way beyond that in 2012, and most of the people in this "game" are greedy teenagers. It creates a lot of mixed emotions for me as someone who has been buying since the early 90's.

I think its gotten to the point where we need a NEW Business model on how shoes are sold. This is getting out of hand and making life difficult. It would be great if Nike did pre-orders and just make extras for the people who pre-ordered then just sent the usual amount to the stores. I would love that.

Originally Posted by Clezzie is back

CT took my money but no confirmation....anyone else has this problem??

CT hosed me on the concords.... i paid via paypal and never got confirmation. They said they never got an order and then said they never received payment (which they did cause it was out of my account).... i had to file a dispute and wait 3 weeks to get my $ back

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I think its gotten to the point where we need a NEW Business model on how shoes are sold. This is getting out of hand and making life difficult. It would be great if Nike did pre-orders and just make extras for the people who pre-ordered then just sent the usual amount to the stores. I would love that.

pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom