Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

hey im a true 9.5 my FTLOTG n Orlando are 9.5 i had to cop these in a 9 and they fit perfect......i wouldnt mind people trying them on

luckily my friend works at champs and suggested i go 9 but if not for him i would have had a bigger size and be pissed

people get sensitive over the smallest thing these days

What if that's somebody's first pair of 7s? Or they walk in the store and see them on the shelf and decide they like them and want to make sure they fit before they buy them? You cant seriously think that, I have more faith in your brain than that.
No he's dead serious lmao

Unbelieveable that people are actually complaining and questioning the fact that someone would want to actually try on their shoes before buying lol :smh: What is going on nowadays? One of the most important factors of buying a shoe is seeing how a shoe looks on their feet! I don't try on my shoes anymore because I pretty much know how they are going to look having owned the previous retros or OGs, but I'm not gonna knock the next man for trying his pair on. Of course we're all gonna want that untouched pair, but thats not always the case. Deal with it by returning them, exchanging them, or reselling them to get a pair that meets your standards.

Last edited:
Unbelieveable that people are actually complaining and questioning the fact that someone would want to actually try on their shoes before buying lol
mean.gif
What is going on nowadays? One of the most important factors of buying a shoe is seeing how a shoe looks on their feet! I don't try on my shoes anymore because I pretty much know how they are going to look having owned the previous retros or OGs, but I'm not gonna knock the next man for trying his pair on. Of course we're all gonna want that untouched pair, but thats not always the case. Deal with it by returning them, exchanging them, or reselling them to get a pair that meets your standards.
Nah to much to ask 
mean.gif

They're shoes, some people try and them some don't. That's the whole point of going to a shoe store. Get over it.

What if that's somebody's first pair of 7s? Or they walk in the store and see them on the shelf and decide they like them and want to make sure they fit before they buy them? You cant seriously think that, I have more faith in your brain than that.

its my opinion you dont have to agree with it, i don't mind.

same way im not gonna buy a car thats been driven around at the dealer ship with miles on it for the same price as a car with 0 miles

im not gonna pay retail from a retail store for a shoe someone has creased up, put their smelly toe into and un-DS'd them

i've bought used shoes from people but if im gonna buy a shoe from the store it better have the new shoe smell, factory laced, untouched or i dont want it.

thats just me, you dont got to agree with me.

its my opinion you dont have to agree with it, i don't mind.

same way im not gonna buy a car thats been driven around at the dealer ship with miles on it for the same price as a car with 0 miles

im not gonna pay retail from a retail store for a shoe someone has creased up, put their smelly toe into and un-DS'd them

i've bought used shoes from people but if im gonna buy a shoe from the store it better have the new shoe smell, factory laced, untouched or i dont want it.

thats just me, you dont got to agree with me.
have you ever bought a car? there is no such thing as a car with 0 miles, the factory puts the first 15 on just to make sure the car runs/meets operational criteria

I know that there are those people who debate the 2 toned look of the Charcoal VII's and say the DMP pack looks better. But I happen to think these 12's look closer to the "brand new" look MJ wore in 92'....

...regardless of the debate I'm happy with these.

Yes I am complaining actually, are you going to lose sleep over it? I haven't been able to "try" a pair of Jordans on here for quite some time from all local retailers, either your buying or not - we aren't talking about a pair of ******g Sketchers here.
I bought this second pair to keep completely deadstock, not ****** half creased up by someone who needs to try them on and do laps around the store to make a purchase decision and then puts them back in the box and says no thanks. I remember when I bought my first pair of kicks...

Personally, I like trying my shoes on first but when buying at release morning stores don't let you try them on. However, in NYC, if the shoe didn't sell out (e.g. Red 4s) then they'll let you try them on later in the day.

When I try shoes in the store on, I never put my foot on the ground. I put them up in the air and if I really need to put them down, I'll put them down on the bench with my knee in the air.

Personally, I think stores should have clean mats/pads for people to step on. I know one mom and pop store that gave me cardboard to step on so the bottoms don't get dirty.

Personally, I like trying my shoes on first but when buying at release morning stores don't let you try them on. However, in NYC, if the shoe didn't sell out (e.g. Red 4s) then they'll let you try them on later in the day.
When I try shoes in the store on, I never put my foot on the ground. I put them up in the air and if I really need to put them down, I'll put them down on the bench with my knee in the air.
Personally, I think stores should have clean mats/pads for people to step on. I know one mom and pop store that gave me cardboard to step on so the bottoms don't get dirty.

Don't understand the logic if you're gonna try them on. Once you try on the shoe it's no longer ds anyways, and if you bought the shoe to wear, they're going to get dirty eventually anyway.

-No, Im not going to lose sleep over it. What makes you think Id lose sleep over a pair of your shoes being creased?
-That's a shame you havent been able to try on a pair of jordans, your local retailers suck.
-No, it's not youre either going to buy them or not. People want to see how they fit on their feet and how they feel by TRYING THEM ON and then deciding if they want to fork over the rip off prices JB retroes cost now. I try on every single pair of footwear I buy whether it is some 30 dollar sandals for 500 dollar dress shoes and if I cant try them on first, I dont buy them.
-Go return them then or resell them if it bothers you that much.

-Enough that you're on this forum spending enough time to not only reply once but twice.

-Call Footlocker, Finishline, Champs, Footaction, and all the mom and pop shops that generate enough revenue just from Jordan sales let alone other sneaker sales to make your income look below minimum wage and tell them that they suck.

-If your a size 11 and still don't know your shoe size you need to get checked by a medical professional, or maybe perhaps the person that sized your foot is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. If you need to TRY ON an iconic pair of Jordans before you deem them purchase worthy by the way they "feel" I am confused why your on this forum. Lets be real, no one is buying these because they are Dr Scholls orthopedic sneakers. (I apologize if you have bad arthritis in the toes)

-By simply identifying on a sneaker forum which pair I will obviously stock (factory condition pair) and the ones I will wear (the pair that has clearly been tried on), I apologize for jogging your simple brain.

Last edited:
Where I come from, by the time any novice "sneakerhead" waltzes into a retail store looking to buy a pair of sneakers, any classic pair of retro Jordans are long long gone and not even in their radar.

If your spending hours in line or camping for these sneakers, like anyone who has a fat chance of grabbing any pair of retros these days - your educated and care enough to know what the hell is going on. The days of rolling into a store and leisurely "TRYING ON" (as my dear friend types it) a pair of Jordans is long gone. I feel bad for the dude who just spent hours and hours in line to TRY ON a pair of Jordans to make sure they "feel" alright to make a purchase - you must of a lot of free time on your hands.:rolleyes

Last edited:
Don't understand the logic if you're gonna try them on. Once you try on the shoe it's no longer ds anyways, and if you bought the shoe to wear, they're going to get dirty eventually anyway.

2 reasons I do this:
1) In case I don't buy it, it's for the person that will buy it later on.
2) Even after I buy a pair, I usually don't wear the pair right away so if I want to trade/sell it down the road, I still want to keep it in brand new condition.

-Enough that you're on this forum spending enough time to not only reply once but twice.
-Call Footlocker, Finishline, Champs, Footaction, and all the mom and pop shops that generate enough revenue just from Jordan sales let alone other sneaker sales to make your income look below minimum wage and tell them that they suck.
-If your a size 11 and still don't know your shoe size you need to get checked by a medical professional, or maybe perhaps the person that sized your foot is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. If you need to TRY ON an iconic pair of Jordans before you deem them purchase worthy by the way they "feel" I am confused why your on this forum. Lets be real, no one is buying these because they are Dr Scholls orthopedic sneakers. (I apologize if you have bad arthritis in the toes)
-By simply identifying on a sneaker forum which pair I will obviously stock (factory condition pair) and the ones I will wear (the pair that has clearly been tried on), I apologize for jogging your simple brain.

-what does 2 replies have to do with losing sleep? It seems you're trying to be funny, but well, you're not.

-Not all local retailers have that policy. Apparently yours do and they suck. My foot locker lets me try on any pair of shoes before buying them. What does how much money someone generates have to do with them sucking? Do you think before you type? Also, not all of them sell out. In Scottsdale, the local footlocker still had military 4s on display today. I'm sure people stroll in and if they like them, they will buy them. Don't feel bad for the dude who waited in line to check out a pair of shoes they're spending 160 plus tax on. Feel bad for the sheep like yourself that buy Jordan sneakers blindly and cry about people trying on sneakers.

-I am a medical professional actually, so my intelligence isn't the issue. You however are still confusing "your" and "you're" and somehow trying to insult someone's intelligence. You also are still not funny, but trying really hard. There have been instances where certain Jordans within the same model have not run the same size as others and the only way to know that is to try them on. Some jordans like 7s run about a half size large, while others like 11s run true to size. You think everyone buying sneakers knows that? I haven't owned every Jordan or sneaker and therefore I try them on before I buy them. Also, some retro sneakers get crappier with each re-release whether it's the cushioning or materials. Trying them on also allows you to visually check the sneaker for poor build quality and stuff like glue stains etc...

-you didn't jog anyone's brain, you only failed at being funny and making sense. I don't feel like sonning you each time you respond, so I'll leave this comment and be done with it. Enjoy your 7s

Last edited:
Finally got my pair in the mail yesterday. Very high quality and near flawless. Missed out on released day but a good hearted re seller gave them to me for 180 shipped. I was very grateful :D:D:D:D:D

-what does 2 replies have to do with losing sleep? It seems you're trying to be funny, but well, you're not.
-Not all local retailers have that policy. Apparently yours do and they suck. My foot locker lets me try on any pair of shoes before buying them. What does how much money someone generates have to do with them sucking? Do you think before you type? Also, not all of them sell out. In Scottsdale, the local footlocker still had military 4s on display today. I'm sure people stroll in and if they like them, they will buy them. Don't feel bad for the dude who waited in line to check out a pair of shoes they're spending 160 plus tax on. Feel bad for the sheep like yourself that buy Jordan sneakers blindly and cry about people trying on sneakers.
-I am a medical professional actually, so my intelligence isn't the issue. You however are still confusing "your" and "you're" and somehow trying to insult someone's intelligence. You also are still not funny, but trying really hard. There have been instances where certain Jordans within the same model have not run the same size as others and the only way to know that is to try them on. Some jordans like 7s run about a half size large, while others like 11s run true to size. You think everyone buying sneakers knows that? I haven't owned every Jordan or sneaker and therefore I try them on before I buy them. Also, some retro sneakers get crappier with each re-release whether it's the cushioning or materials. Trying them on also allows you to visually check the sneaker for poor build quality and stuff like glue stains etc...
-you didn't jog anyone's brain, you only failed at being funny and making sense. I don't feel like sonning you each time you respond, so I'll leave this comment and be done with it. Enjoy your 7s

*You're, wow you got me on one typo. A typing mistake, holy **** the first one ever!!! Everyone a round of applause for this gentleman please. I thank you for the thesis, your intelligence has blown me away and I feel so honored and blessed to be "sonned" by you.

And listen man I hear people ***** all the time about sizing variance with Jordans, this phenomenon has not affected me in the slightest. Every single pair of Jordans I own, and yes I have many of them, has fit perfectly fine to my true size. People having heart attached over a 1/2 inch variance.

Feel sorry for sheep like me? No I feel sorry for people like you who have nothing better to do with their Saturday morning than to stand in line for hours upon hours for a pair of shoes that you have openly admitted to constantly questioning general quality. Personally I have found more useful things to do with my time.

My method involves hopping on the computer for 2 minutes at 8AM when they drop online and then patiently waiting for them to arrive at my doorstep, no tax and free shipping! And yes they come deadstock never tried on. If I then find that the sneakers not up my standards, I can easily return them for free.

I personally like receiving sneakers that have never been tried one, that's my personal preference. I apologize if you do not agree, unfortunately you don't matter.

Enjoy your 7's as well!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom