Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

thacamel:
ska,

since when is reselling not legitimate?
Cameron Nelson:
People (not necessarily Ska) have always said smartass stuff like "get a job!" when it comes to reselling...

Nah, it's not even about that.

When you're taking advantage of someone, your money's not right.

This isn't an eternal fact of life; it's my opinion. I say this because people tend to get offended with statements like that, like it's set instone, written in the stars, and true forever and ever. No. It's just my opinion.

If your money came as a result of taking advantage of someone, it ain't right; your money's not right.

Here's a crazy idea; go get what YOU want and leave the rest for whoever wants them.
Cameron Nelson:
I'm POSITIVE there's a shoe collector in Utah, Nebraska, South Dakota, etc that thanks God for resellers
I'm that guy, and no... I'm not thankful for resellers.

I'm thankful for CONNECTS, HOOKUPS and FRIENDS. I've got a couple friends in Louisville that e-mailed ME and asked me if I wanted them to pick me upthis Countdown Pack. Guess how much they would have charged me?

The same amount I've charged them before for previous things (I can't remember how I hooked one of 'em up,but I know that the other one relied on me to get him the white/red laser IV package online the night they released and nubuck XIIs the night they released,and I came through for him... for a grand total profit of... zippo.
smokin.gif
)

THAT'S what we're thankful for; hookups, connects, friends, and anyone willing to NOT make a dollar today so that maybe I can help you out later andcharge you zippo. And even if these folks never pay me back for my 'retail + shipping' favor I usually try to do: I really don't care. I'm notdoing it so that they can return the favor... but if that ends up happening, of course I'll feel good about it.
happy.gif
JunkyItchin247:
Don't blame resellers for your lack of persistence. If you want them that bad you would do everything in your power to make sure you're gonna get em
23ska909red02:
Ummm... yeah, I've heard that before. And it's ******ed, too.

Say a release is at 9:00am.

A reseller wakes up at 9:15, hits his spot up at around 10, and they have plenty. He buys everything that's left, like 9 pair.

Some dude in freaking Nowhereland, Idaho has absolutely no pairs around him closer than 300 miles, and THAT place only got 4 pairs.

In order for him to get them at retail, he has to travel SIX... HUNDRED... MILES, and either get there when they open OR decide to campout.

But Mr. Reseller just slept in, copped everything that was left, and went back to bed.

But you're telling me the dude in Idaho is the one with a lack of persistence?

roll.gif
JunkyItchin247:
Yes, I am!!! There are numerous websites who have shoes available for purchase ahead of time. Even though they may be $50 + over retail, just the fact of instant gratification, convenience and saving the drive and money to travel 300+ miles...It's worth it!!! You got the shoes you want, you have a smile on your face, and you dont have to travel, wait in line, or deal with a reseller!!!

One dude is traveling SIX HUNDRED MILES and CAMPING OUT... and the other dude that just woke up 15 minutes AFTER the doors opened, just walked inand bought everything that was left, then went home and went back to bed... but the dude traveling is the one with the lack of persistence?
laugh.gif
Dude traveled 600 miles and still didn't get them, while some reseller justspent 30 minutes buying 8 pair, but the Idaho dude is the lazy one?!

roll.gif

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Unless resellers are cutting people in line or brining their whole family or buying like 10 pair when people are still waiting in line then you can't really say anything to them. If someone wanted te shoes they ought to get up early and unless one of the above is taking place you cannot blame a reseller for not getting a pair. Resellers on here aren't half as bad as those sites most of you on here bought from beforehand. Those sites take entire shipments meant for the public to buy at retail and resell them at costs higher than pretty much all resellers on NT and ISS or wherever else.
NOT exactly true! I bought from an online site 3 days before this pack was released for $359. The pack retails for $310 plus tax and/or shipping andhandling in case you cop from sites like FNL. I did overnight delivery which cost 30 bucks more which is about the same price you'd pay from a site likeEastbay and in the end I only paid roughly 50 bucks more without having to go through the B.S. hassle some unfortunate folks do (including myself at times).They were a little more expensive, but STILL not as expensive as the price tag you're trying to get people to bite on.

Personally I don't have a problem with resellers. What I don't like is the "CONNECT" stuff. If I wake up early on release day. And go to astore that doesn't do preorders, and I'm the 1st in line I expect to get my shoes. But to walk in and ask for a 12 and they don't have it is justwrong. If a reseller gets up and gets in line before me and buys my size. Well that's my fault. But for someone to call and to call the store and not evenwait in line is wrong. That is equal if not worse than a reseller. So if any of you who are putting down reselles but you pull the "Connect" stunt.You need to shut up because your part of the problem too.

^ I can see where you're coming from; someone coming in and buying 1 pair for himself + 1 pair for his friend is definitely the same as a reseller comingin and buying 14 pairs.

Yeah, I can definitely see how that's the same thing.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

Personally I don't have a problem with resellers. What I don't like is the "CONNECT" stuff. If I wake up early on release day. And go to a store that doesn't do preorders, and I'm the 1st in line I expect to get my shoes. But to walk in and ask for a 12 and they don't have it is just wrong. If a reseller gets up and gets in line before me and buys my size. Well that's my fault. But for someone to call and to call the store and not even wait in line is wrong. That is equal if not worse than a reseller. So if any of you who are putting down reselles but you pull the "Connect" stunt. You need to shut up because your part of the problem too.

Yeah but I think it's a pretty safe bet to assume that there are more resellers out there than people who just call up and have those"connects". If there were more people with connections, people wouldn't be standing in line at 3am trying to secure their spot just to cop a pairof shoes. But as far as reselling. there's no restrictions on that....just simply cop a pack or more and post them on Ebay and such.

Regardless of how people feel about this topic, it all boils down to the figure head of the problem. In this case it's Jordan Brand and their difficultmarketing strategy. Please refer to the YouTube video of Gentry Humphrey laughing while trying to explain how difficult these releases were gonna be. A goodmajority of people do not like resellers because of the inflated price tags they have to pay but it's the company's fault and in the long run that verysame guy that we all admire so much. Michael Jordan.

Im starting to feel the Xs alot more now than the XIIIs. The XIIIs have lower quality compared to the Xs and the i wore my Xs the whole day today and not acrease on em. But crap quality or not im happy with this release
happy.gif

still on the shelves everywhere i saw today, nobody buys js in vancouver at least not right away at 399

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

True^^^^

awww thanx for the comment but no i have no man..... to fellow texas NT'erz...im taken apps right now.
I'm looking through the Texas realty ads as we speak...
wink.gif

by the way I hate resellers
roll.gif

LMAO THANX LOVE THE COMMENT!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I can see where you're coming from; someone coming in and buying 1 pair for himself + 1 pair for his friend is definitely the same as a reseller coming in and buying 14 pairs.

laugh.gif
Yes, It is the same thing. If that person call his connect on friday and goes and gets them friday, when the release day is saturday. But if the guy isahead of me in line and he cops for his friend and himself the theres no problem. Because he woke up like I did and waited like I did, and he got to the storebefore me. If the store is only getting one per size and you say f' all those fools how are going to stand in line I'll just call my connect up and getmines now, theres nothing wrong with that?

Originally Posted by SneakerFee

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

True^^^^

awww thanx for the comment but no i have no man..... to fellow texas NT'erz...im taken apps right now.
I'm looking through the Texas realty ads as we speak...
wink.gif

by the way I hate resellers
roll.gif

LMAO THANX LOVE THE COMMENT!
happy.gif

No offense to Sneaker Fee..she's a beautiful girl and all...but what is this..The Dating Game in here!?
laugh.gif

me:
I can see where you're coming from; someone coming in and buying 1 pair for himself + 1 pair for his friend is definitely the same as a reseller coming in and buying 14 pairs.

laugh.gif
JAYFIEND:
Yes, It is the same thing. If that person call his connect on friday and goes and gets them friday, when the release day is saturday. But if the guy is ahead of me in line and he cops for his friend and himself the theres no problem. Because he woke up like I did and waited like I did, and he got to the store before me. If the store is only getting one per size and you say f' all those fools how are going to stand in line I'll just call my connect up and get mines now, theres nothing wrong with that?

Tell you what; pretend I was some wiard or magician or whatever, and I could give you option for a release tomorrow.

Option A: you will get to the store on time, so there's no worries there. But there are 3 people in front of you. Every single one of them is a reseller,and all 3 of them planning on buying AS MUCH AS THEY CAN.

Option B: you will get to the store on time, so there's no worries there. But there are 3 people in front of you. All 3 of them are going to buy a pair fortheirself in their size, and they are also all 3 going to buy 1 extra pair each, for someone that had hooked them up before, and now they have this'connection' relationship with these other friends of theirs.

Which would you choose?

Obviously, Option B.

"Yeah, but ska, you didn't mention what I said; those people that just call their hookups and have them pick up a pair while they stay in bed, with mycold butt out here in line."

Alright then...

Option C: you will get to the store on time, so there's no worries there. But there are 3 people in front of you. All three of those people plan on gettingpairs JUST for theirself; 1 pair each. They each get a phone call while you 4 are in line. All 3 of the phone calls are resellers, and now, all 3 of thosepeople in front of you plan on buying many, MANY pairs each.

Option D: you will get to the store on time, so there's no worries there. But there are 3 people in front of you. All three of them plan on getting a pairJUST for theirself. But while you 4 are in line, the 3 people in front of you get phone calls from people wanting to be hooked up. NOW all 3 of those peopleare going to be getting 1 extra pair each, for these people that called.

Options A and C means that you'll be 4th in line, but there's a very real chance you won't be able to get your size, because all 3 of the people infront of you plan on buying many, MANY pairs each.

Options B and D means that the 3 people in front of you will simply be buying 6 pairs before you get a chance.

This forum's getting all philosphical
roll.gif

I too think resellers have their purpose as I also live in a small town and had an extremely hard time obtaining locally. Anyone living in the Midwest canidentify, I'm sure!

The debate is real valid, and I guess I might add that the higher prices also reflect one of the better means of selling platform's (ebay) fees forsellers. If ebay/paypal would lower their fee structures the savings can be passed on to the buyers granted the sellers aren't greedy.

clean sole:
This forum's getting all philosphical
roll.gif

I too think resellers have their purpose as I also live in a small town and had an extremely hard time obtaining locally. Anyone living in the Midwest can identify, I'm sure!
I... I live in the Midwest. And I don't identify.

i'll never deal with a reseller, i'd rather not have the sneaker then let some skinflint miser a ridiculous amount of loot from me

23ska909red02

JB is a business, thats the way things work with a business. As Cam said its all about supply and demand. As for your options, most stores if not all thatcharge retail limit shoes to 1 per person, so those options are out of the question. The majority of the stores that allow multiple purchases are mom and popsand if you have the money to buy from them, you have the money to buy them for $50 above retail. I'm not a reseller but I have sold a pair or two for theextra money I could gain. I have my money work for me, and if I have the opportunity to do so, I wont hesitate to.

so when will we ever talk about the shoes instead of the issue of resellers?......the post topic is OFFICIAL AIR JORDAN X & XIII COUNTDOWN PACK!.....
smile.gif

so when will we ever talk about the shoes instead of the issue of resellers?......the post topic is OFFICIAL AIR JORDAN X & XIII COUNTDOWN PACK!.....
smile.gif

That and maybe you can stop teasing and flirting w/these guys!

Just joking and Welcome to beasttalk NikeTalk

smile.gif

OK, now. So what about the shoes would you like to talk about.
smile.gif

******I wore the X's to a party and got some potato salad on one of the shoes****** Now that is too funny. What happened you were to busy enjoyin the friedchicken, kool aid, and sweet potatoe pie? Just jokin brah.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Poofyo101:
if this was a problem you should of told me before and i would of gladly added it on.
How the heck are you going to ask someone to tell you BEFOREHAND what kind of problem they're going to have? That's about half ******ed.

"Hey, mom, I'm going to be getting in an accident tomorrow at about 1:46pm, so if you could call the insurance company today and let them know beforehand, that'd be great."
roll.gif

You need to hit 'reset' responding like that. "You should have told me before."
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

I can't believe you seriously said that.
Cameron Nelson:
If people want to "throw their money away", let them...we have GOT to stop being so concerned about what others do with their money. If you're not giving it to them, don't worry about where and how they obtained their pack, or anything else for that matter.
Yeah, I disagree with that notion.

See, if I don't want this pack (and I don't), but resellers scoop all of them up and flip 'em for $800 each (which isn't happening, but this is a HYPOTHETICAL), then what's going to happen to the next pack that I do want?

Exactly. They're going to get jacked up just a little MORE, maybe $825, because all of the resellers know that they monopolized the market for those that were unable to get them on their own. And I'm in that group; I live in a remote region. So even though I don't want this pack, I hate that resellers are going to make it more difficult for me to get the ones I do want; or at least, I hate that resellers are going to make it more difficult for me to get the packs I want at anything close to retail.

That's why almost everytime I get something that I think is limited, I get my 1 pair, and 3 or 4 pair to sell AT RETAIL, in the hopes that someone that was looking at giving 'retail + $50' or 'retail + $100' or 'retail + whatever' to a reseller will instead get them at 'retail + shipping' (and that's IT) from me.

I've done that about 20 times since being on NikeTalk (I know that's not a ton, but I'm not doing it to make money [obviously]; I'm doing it to help out where I can, and I don't have the money to just help out like that on every damn release). And a FEW times, I charged the person the same as always: the price I paid (retail) + shipping... and THEY ended up PayPalling ME more than that. They see I got 'em, I tell 'em $185 (for example), and they end up PayPalling ME more than I asked, maybe $200 instead of the $185 I told them to send me.
smokin.gif

So yeah 'Don't worry about what resellers do because if you're not involved in the transaction' is true, but isn't the entire picture.

'Worry about resellers because they WILL affect you in the future when you have trouble getting something not readily available to you' IS a more complete picture.

And MAJOR PROPS to ooIRON MANoo for doing that on this Countdown Pack.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Life has ALWAYS been about "supply and demand"...

Always.

I'm in Indianapolis, and there's been TONS of shoes I've wanted , where I've been at the mercy of a reseller. But, I don't trip...9/10, I know what I'm getting into, and if I want the shoes THAT bad, then I'm not trippin over the price. That's just me, though...

As a reseller, I'm not greedy at all....people who have bought from me can attest to that. Contrary to what others may say, I provide a service for those who missed out, overslept, live in the boonies, or couldn't get thru to Eastbay. Hell, 3/4 of the collections on here are built off "resellers".

Now, I'll cut somebody a deal all day long...but, I'm not doing anything for free, esp.on here, just because there's SO many people who won't return the favor. If we took it back to the "old days", then maybe I wouldn't be like that, but hey...

I earn my money legitimately as well...I work for AT&T, but why spend money out of my paycheck, when I make it in other ways? As long as something is worth reselling, I'll always do it. It's extra money for me and my family. Like I said, I've got 2 children...day care isn't cheap, neither is diapers, clothers, etc...so, yeah...when an opportunity presents itself to make a few extra thousand, I'd be an idiot not to jump on it. I don't put a gun to anybody's head and tell them to purchase from me...if my price is "fair" and they like my service, then we're BOTH happy.

Im not trying to bash or jump on late but since you work at AT&T I dont mind. AT&T pays LESS than $.001 per minute for cell phone calls yetcharge you and I more than $.05 a minute. That comes out 5,000% markup. That would be like someone selling the countdown pack for $1,550,000. Its all aboutthe end result. AT&T charges what they do because they have to pay you and all their other employees and STILL make money for the board members. It isjust the same as someone selling a pack for $40 more but on a much larger scale.

Back
Top Bottom