Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

me:
I can see where you're coming from; someone coming in and buying 1 pair for himself + 1 pair for his friend is definitely the same as a reseller coming in and buying 14 pairs.

Yeah, I can definitely see how that's the same thing.

laugh.gif
JAYFIEND:
Yes, It is the same thing. If that person call his connect on friday and goes and gets them friday, when the release day is saturday. But if the guy is ahead of me in line and he cops for his friend and himself the theres no problem. Because he woke up like I did and waited like I did, and he got to the store before me. If the store is only getting one per size and you say f' all those fools how are going to stand in line I'll just call my connect up and get mines now, theres nothing wrong with that?

Tell you what; pretend I was some wiard or magician or whatever, and I could give you option for a release tomorrow.

Option A: you will get to the store on time, so there's no worries there. But there are 3 people in front of you. Every single one of them is a reseller, and all 3 of them planning on buying AS MUCH AS THEY CAN.

Option B: you will get to the store on time, so there's no worries there. But there are 3 people in front of you. All 3 of them are going to buy a pair for theirself in their size, and they are also all 3 going to buy 1 extra pair each, for someone that had hooked them up before, and now they have this 'connection' relationship with these other friends of theirs.

Which would you choose?

Obviously, Option B.

"Yeah, but ska, you didn't mention what I said; those people that just call their hookups and have them pick up a pair while they stay in bed, with my cold butt out here in line."

Alright then...

Option C: you will get to the store on time, so there's no worries there. But there are 3 people in front of you. All three of those people plan on getting pairs JUST for theirself; 1 pair each. They each get a phone call while you 4 are in line. All 3 of the phone calls are resellers, and now, all 3 of those people in front of you plan on buying many, MANY pairs each.

Option D: you will get to the store on time, so there's no worries there. But there are 3 people in front of you. All three of them plan on getting a pair JUST for theirself. But while you 4 are in line, the 3 people in front of you get phone calls from people wanting to be hooked up. NOW all 3 of those people are going to be getting 1 extra pair each, for these people that called.

Options A and C means that you'll be 4th in line, but there's a very real chance you won't be able to get your size, because all 3 of the people in front of you plan on buying many, MANY pairs each.

Options B and D means that the 3 people in front of you will simply be buying 6 pairs before you get a chance.

OPTION E: you get to the store on time no worries. There are 3 people in front of you none of them wear your size. They get the size and leave. Itsyour turn you ask for your size they say sold out. But how? I know none of those 3 got it. Truth is somebody called their 'CONNECT' and already gotyour size. And the store only got on per size. My point is resellers aren't good I agree with you on that. But if you want the shoe bad enough atleast theygive you a chance to get it. If he woke up 3am and I woke up 4am and he buys all the pairs power to him he wanted it more because he got up earlier. But if hedoesn't even get up and just makes a call. to me that's wrong. Where I'm at you won't be able to buy six pair because all the stores in themall I go to are one per customer so that's not a problem. Actually I really have no problems getting my shoes. I just wanted to give my opinion. For thoseof you that do have trouble. That's to bad, but come on none of us are stupid we no that resellers are out there. If you want your shoes you basicallybattling it with them. And if there winning. Its simple step your effort up. And to those complaining about the quality. Please give it a rest, seriously itsnonthing new. when you go get your shoe you know what your getting. Its not the old days any more. what is complaining on NT going to do. Here let me help. thequality is not going to satisfy you, I suggest you stop buying jordans because your not going to be happy. Everyone just needs to take the L and cherish allyour OGs and 00-01 retros or just take it for what it is.

Originally Posted by SneakerFee

so when will we ever talk about the shoes instead of the issue of resellers?......the post topic is OFFICIAL AIR JORDAN X & XIII COUNTDOWN PACK!.....
smile.gif

Thats what I thought. Thanks for reminding me.. The shoe game is not the same anymore after the DMPS came out.

Jordan brand are resellers in way they make them for about 5 dollars they pay their workers then they sell them to you for 140$~ depending on the shoe i dunnowhy ppl complain about resellers if u dont like their prices dont buy from them and eventually they will lower their prices if no1 buys would happen to JB ifno1 buys their sneakers

eastbay crashed on me

so i got my pair online @ finishline

i was looking for a size 9.5 but it was gone instantly... so i got a size 10 instead

went to roosevelt field mall at around 2 pm and they still had some sizes left... although no size 9.5

and they had were 9, 10, 10.5, and up... ended getting another 10 just in case the ones i order online didnt go through or of lesser quality

^Thats exaclty what I did, except I lucked out and got my 9.5, sorry haha. If you lived near me I would be glad to help you out.

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

^Thats exaclty what I did, except I lucked out and got my 9.5, sorry haha. If you lived near me I would be glad to help you out.

lucky you and to everyone else that got their pair. for those still looking, dont give up im sure u'll find ur pair

my size 10 still fits me... but a size 9.5 woulda been sooo much better

so im still looking for a 9.5... hopefully someone returns their pair or theres one lying around at some store

ska, that's good I don't really think resellers should hype the prices way more than what they were sold for. You are right you're money ain'tright if you have to resort to that!!! I'm just glad my boy knew the manager and I got hooked up with ONE pack just for me, I get tired of hearing cats say"oh, I'ma buy 3 or more packs one to wear and the rest to sell for alot more money." I mean if you buy two to wear now and save later forYOURSELF then cool but man buying like so much why people in line and you know they guy ahead might buy 6 or more is really crazy, I am just glad I gottaconnect. And I got it for retail here in DC I heard Wheaton and PG didn't have alot either.

What is the big deal, if you got the package good for you. To resell, stock, wear, whatever, good for you.

If not, so what? Life goes on, 10 other packages are releasing this year, 100+ shoes are releasing this year, trades can be made, deals will be found, shoescan be sold/bought.

For me, there are shoes out there that I really want to have. I don't NEED any of them, I NEED food, water, etc. For the shoes that I want, I do what Imust to get them.
I buy/sell/trade and wait for the right time, and whatever happens and however long it takes, I get them. If it costs a little bit more, if it takes a longtime, it doesn't matter because
I really want them and that's that.

People who REALLY want this package will do the same thing. Whether they have to pay more than retail to get them right now, or wait a long time to pay closeto retail or get the package through equal value, it'll happen at some point.

I'm relatively certain my pair is on the way, so I'm content. If I wasn't able to get it, I'd be disappointed, but then there are a lot morepackages with BETTER shoes coming out, there are a lot of craaaazy good retros dropping, new bball stuff that looks good, etc. It's not a big deal, one wayor another.

ye tried to be a reseller failed learned my lesson dont do it again you take a gamble everytime you try and resell a shoe because it all depends on how bad youwant the shoe that determines if that person will buy it if not resellers will temd to loose money buying 20 pairs of the same shoe and then jack up the pricethen nobody buys them but im truly thinking about getting out of the jordan game because yesterday I was inches from getting shot over the packs because when iwent to the mall in greenspoint houston texas they were jacking people at gunpoint taking people shoes and then later on that day the mall was robbed and imstarting to be like is it worth my life jays will be there sike jays will sell out and my life will be gone over some shoes im starting to think its ot worthit so i might not camp out anymore and just buy everything online or just get out the game period can someone help me with this issue thanks

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

mikeadog wrote:
Poofyo101 wrote:
^^idk people just hate for no reason? i understand why jd is mad but it was jus a bad situation that happened with fedex shipping

i can't believe anyone's paying those rape prices for stuff that's available at release date and online from legit JB/Nike dealers with all the discount codes & free shipping.

resellers gotta' be thankful for dumb people throwing away money.
First off, people had hell gettin thru to damn near every online retailer...hell, check back 20-30 pages...people panicking at Swoosh not being up, and Eastbay/FL/etc. sites crashing every 2 minutes. You made it sound like it was just as easy as logging on, and putting them in a cart.

I have a lot of people I deal with, who live in remote areas and their city is lucky to get 1 pair, let alone at all.

If people want to "throw their money away", let them...we have GOT to stop being so concerned about what others do with their money. If you're not giving it to them, don't worry about where and how they obtained their pack, or anything else for that matter.

As for reselling, like dude said...about $80 profit doesn't seem like much, but multiply that by 20 pairs, just for basically doing nothing. At all. Hell, I've got 2 kids, so whatever I can do to make an extra buck, please believe I will.

And Mike, Instead of you coming back with another comment, Thank Cam for not banning you for a certain word thats

prohibited on NKETLK. And edit your post my friend. I dont wanna see you banned.

yeah thanks, the first post on this thread says you will be banned for links like Cameron Nelson has with his email address listing his $400 countdownpacks he's selling on this thread.

and i can't believe the prices dummies pay for all these weak releases WITHOUT boxes.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by mikeadog

mikeadog wrote:
Poofyo101 wrote:
^^idk people just hate for no reason? i understand why jd is mad but it was jus a bad situation that happened with fedex shipping

i can't believe anyone's paying those rape prices for stuff that's available at release date and online from legit JB/Nike dealers with all the discount codes & free shipping.

First off, people had hell gettin thru to damn near every online retailer...hell, check back 20-30 pages...people panicking at Swoosh not being up, and Eastbay/FL/etc. sites crashing every 2 minutes. You made it sound like it was just as easy as logging on, and putting them in a cart.

I have a lot of people I deal with, who live in remote areas and their city is lucky to get 1 pair, let alone at all.

If people want to "throw their money away", let them...we have GOT to stop being so concerned about what others do with their money. If you're not giving it to them, don't worry about where and how they obtained their pack, or anything else for that matter.

As for reselling, like dude said...about $80 profit doesn't seem like much, but multiply that by 20 pairs, just for basically doing nothing. At all. Hell, I've got 2 kids, so whatever I can do to make an extra buck, please believe I will.

And Mike, Instead of you coming back with another comment, Thank Cam for not banning you for a certain word thats

prohibited on NKETLK. And edit your post my friend. I dont wanna see you banned.

yeah thanks, the first post on this thread says you will be banned for links like Cameron Nelson has with his email address listing his $400 countdown packs he's selling on this thread.

and i can't believe the prices dummies pay for all these weak releases WITHOUT boxes.
roll.gif

Actually, he didn't...if you go back and read it correctly, you get in trouble for telling people to look at it, or directing them to it...none ofwhich I've done.

Don't feel bad...someone else tried to call me out as well, and got their bubble bursted. At least you're not alone.

I'm that guy, and no... I'm not thankful for resellers.

I'm thankful for CONNECTS, HOOKUPS and FRIENDS. I've got a couple friends in Louisville that e-mailed ME and asked me if I wanted them to pick me up this Countdown Pack. Guess how much they would have charged me?

The same amount I've charged them before for previous things (I can't remember how I hooked one of 'em up, but I know that the other one relied on me to get him the white/red laser IV package online the night they released and nubuck XIIs the night they released, and I came through for him... for a grand total profit of... zippo.
smokin.gif
)

THAT'S what we're thankful for; hookups, connects, friends, and anyone willing to NOT make a dollar today so that maybe I can help you out later and charge you zippo. And even if these folks never pay me back for my 'retail + shipping' favor I usually try to do: I really don't care. I'm not doing it so that they can return the favor... but if that ends up happening, of course I'll feel good about it

As far as "connects" go, they're all in other cities...a few here, though...
As far as "hookups" go, I've made them for as long as they're employed at FL...
As far as "friends" go, I've got none that work for those stores...the ones I consider "associates" don't give somethin for nothin.

The bad part about ALL of those is, they come and go...managers get shifted to other stores or diff.cities when they become promoted to a bigger store, or justcompletely quit....happened tons of times, and then your "hookup" is gone...

Like I said, if I know a guy thats one of my friends and he wants it, I'll cut him a stupid deal...but, I can't give it for retail. That just cut outall the work I had to do, not to mention he prob.wouldn't return the favor. The shoes I usually want are hard to obtain...if a store allows 1 pair perperson, and he's gettin em also, guess who's gettin left out?

Strange enough, the connects I DO have here, were from me spending the amount of money I do on releases like this. If they didn't know your name before,they do now. I'm sure a lot of other people are the same way. There's a store I go to that doesn't make me purchase any LS clothing with theshoes...just the shoes themselves...but, they also don't let me take whatever I want either.

Also, let's look at it like this...

Like I said, these didn't blow over here...only a few people in the mall when they opened. Now, if I'm online at 6:00 pm, and someone is pissed becausethey sold out in their area, and we're sittin on FSR's over here, why WOULDN'T I capitalize on that?! When the DMP's dropped, I had e-mailsthroughout the day askin for 7.5's and 8's...none of which I originally bought. Even at 7:00 pm, those sizes were still there, so should I have leftthem for someone with a small foot? IMO, if you haven't bought it by that late in the evening, I don't feel sorry for you.

Originally Posted by ijapino

When there's an abundance of topics popping up about a certain release, you know it's time for the OFFICIAL POST!

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]01/19/2008 Air Jordan Countdown 10/13[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]318539-991 Multi/Multi[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]310805-061 AJ X Retro Black/Dark Shadow-True Red[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]309259-104 AJ XIII Retro White/Black-True Red[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]$310 (Men's)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]$210 (GS, Gradeschool)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]*Limited Release to all NIKETOWN'S & Urban Accounts

[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS: THERE IS [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING[/color] WITHIN THIS POST! THIS INCLUDES ANY REQUESTS TO SPLIT PACKS OR TRADE WITH OTHER MEMBERS. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO DISGUISE YOUR ATTEMPTS BY REDIRECTING MEMBERS TO YOUR SIG OR AUCTION. VIOLATORS WILL BE SUSPENDED OR BANNED!
[/color]

roll.gif

mikeadog wrote:
Poofyo101 wrote:

yeah thanks, the first post on this thread says you will be banned for links like Cameron Nelson has with his email address listing his $400 countdown packs he's selling on this thread.

roll.gif

Actually, he didn't...if you go back and read it correctly, you get in trouble for telling people to look at it, or directing them to it...none of which I've done.

Don't feel bad...someone else tried to call me out as well, and got their bubble bursted. At least you're not alone.

Actually, it says "ABSOLUTELY NO/BUYING SELLING/TRADING WITHIN THIS POST!"

you ARE flat out selling Countdown Packs with a price and your email address.

and I don't "feel bad", you and your buddy heat23 do.

don't have thin skin for being a reseller, god bless ya' all!
roll.gif

i finally got mine, bought them off ebay, $400 shipped, and thats overseas to sweden, i got em in 4 days, and they're hella fresh

glad y'all got yours. to those that did not, sorry. i myself passed on these. i have both OGs already and it looks like quality was yet another issue withthese.

mikeadog wrote:
Poofyo101 wrote:

roll.gif
Actually, he didn't...if you go back and read it correctly, you get in trouble for telling people to look at it, or directing them to it...none of which I've done.

Actually, it says "ABSOLUTELY NO/BUYING SELLING/TRADING WITHIN THIS POST!"

you ARE flat out selling Countdown Packs with a price and your email address.

and I don't "feel bad", you and your buddy heat23 do.

don't have thin skin for being a reseller, god bless ya' all!
roll.gif

Dude go back and read the OTHER post that ijapino made. He said as long as its in your sig and you're not telling people to "check the sig"then you're good. Some cats kill me trying to call people out when they don't even read the whole post.

Dude go back and read the OTHER post that ijapino made. He said as long as its in your sig and you're not telling people to "check the sig" then you're good. Some cats kill me trying to call people out when they don't even read the whole post.

EXACTLY...he's too busy tryin to bust a mod to go back and check it for himself.

He's not the first person who tried it, but he keeps digging a deeper hole for himself

man this pack is really not that serious to be having all this fighting in here...

they still have a ton at my local shops.

i refuse however to pay for those craptacular x's

Cam, I got two kids too. Let me get the two kids discount on a pack. Tell you what, I just want the XIIIs. You are trying to make a buck, I am just tryingto save a buck. Oh, and all of the grandparents (the ones who are still alive) live at least 1200 miles away. And another pity point, there are no aunts oruncles.

As far as trying to "hook" people up, I did last year with the Olive 5s. I woke up early, stood in line and shipped the shoes to another NT memberfor nothing more than my cost for the shoes and shipping. I did not get anything in return and I did not really expect to. I would imagine at some pointsomeone has "paid it forward" to you. Why not do the same for someone else?

Back
Top Bottom