Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

is my pair more valuable being that it is a black and white spacejam with the limited edition patent leather cut?

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I'M NOT GONNA LIE I WILL BE RESELLING A LOT MORE THAN 9 PAIRS.

Same thing for me pretty much.I can't believe some of the hate in here.Y'all would do the same thing if: a) you had the cake b) you had the links c) you didn't start putting in work last week
mad.gif

Some have all of the above but choose rather to be a blessing to others rather than benefit from their misfortunes. Family holdin real paper with real connects don't need to make their bread flipping GR Retros. This is not collecting. This is reselling. Funny thing to me is some of you cats think you're doin it big flippin 15-25 pairs of kicks.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

You obviously don't collect anything but sneakers......young manWhat hobby do you know that ppl willingly buy to resell for cost??? Comics??? CARS??? Antiques??? Paintings???? even iPhones and iPads hit the resell market the first week of launch.........concert tickets anyone???This 'sneaker culture' if you wanna call it is growing. Who are you to say that the guy living in Alaska who can't get a pair at retail even if he wanted to isn't happy paying $300 for a pair of his fave jordans??? He's happy......so why u mad???eBay is to sneakers what barret Jackson is to cars. This is business

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by glove72

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Not even the DMP release of 2006?
I'd say DMP, everyone knew would be limited so most did not get their hopes up.  The general release to the masses brings everyone from newbies to those retired in the game.   For me personally, these are my grail
this release > DMP
DMP was the first package deal that JB dropped.  Many people weren't into the pack concept at the time (including myself).  Like glove72 said, this is a GR so there are tons of spots getting them, which gives everyone a chance to get them... which seems to be a "false hope" for most
I agree that this release will be more chaotic than the DMP release. For starters, the DMP XIs were the biggest draw of that pack. Secondly, not to many people were sold about paying $295 plus tax for a pack, since retros at that time ranged from $110-$150. (most of them being under the $150 mark). Thirdly, it was already established that they were limited so a lot of people didnt go after it like they are for these. 
I never thought I would say this, but this release is easily eclipsing the previous two XI releases and is even eclipsing such releases as the Grapes, XI/ XII pack, etc. For many people, this is not only their favorite XI but their favorite Jordan of all time. 

On top of this, these Concords are the best executed retro of a XI since the DMP XIs or possibly even the 2000 retros. Patent leather cut comes up to the correct height and a icey blue tint makes people feel like theyre back in 1995. Not to mention the box stands out from the monochromatic color scheme of the previous two releases.

There is a spot out here in Farrockaway Queens thats selling them for 250 I dont know what sizes they have left but I know they still have them the store is called air kicks

Same thing for me pretty much.I can't believe some of the hate in here.Y'all would do the same thing if: a) you had the cake b) you had the links c) you didn't start putting in work last week
mad.gif

Some have all of the above but choose rather to be a blessing to others rather than benefit from their misfortunes. Family holdin real paper with real connects don't need to make their bread flipping GR Retros. This is not collecting. This is reselling. Funny thing to me is some of you cats think you're doin it big flippin 15-25 pairs of kicks.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
DBL

sthebest wrote:

On top of this, these Concords are the best executed retro of a XI since the DMP XIs or possibly even the 2000 retros. Patent leather cut comes up to the correct height and a icey blue tint makes people feel like theyre back in 1995. Not to mention the box stands out from the monochromatic color scheme of the previous two releases.

grin.gif
IMO the patent cut on these is still questionable.  I have seen some pairs with very low patent and others have a thick full strip.

CGs patent cuts were the same way. I have 2 pairs of CG both purchased from FA on RD and one pair has a taller thicker strip of patent leather and the other has the lower patent cut more similar to the SJs.

I wore my SJ's the other day in the gym , these shoes have no ventilation at all the worst ever , horrible for hooping or actually playing in other then a casual wear no BUENO

Paid an arm & a leg at my local mom and pop today. Just a little insurance if I miss out on RD. if I do end up getting a couple of pairs on NDC I don't think I'll take a huge loss if I end up selling the ones I just copped.

Keep in mind the 360 I mentioned at Roosevelt field was just the Nike Store. Still have every other sneaker chain in that mall.

how do these fit compared to the XI i.e. lows from this year?
i got no real point of reference because i always ended up empty handed whenever the XI mids come out, as far back as 2000.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by nykeeboi

Paid an arm & a leg at my local mom and pop today. Just a little insurance if I miss out on RD. if I do end up getting a couple of pairs on NDC I don't think I'll take a huge loss if I end up selling the ones I just copped.

how much did u pay

Originally Posted by Sourkush

I wore my SJ's the other day in the gym , these shoes have no ventilation at all the worst ever , horrible for hooping or actually playing in other then a casual wear no BUENO

Have you tried the VIIIs? 
laugh.gif

Sweat. Box.

-Drew

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

sthebest wrote:

grin.gif
IMO the patent cut on these is still questionable.  I have seen some pairs with very low patent and others have a thick full strip.

CGs patent cuts were the same way. I have 2 pairs of CG both purchased from FA on RD and one pair has a taller thicker strip of patent leather and the other has the lower patent cut more similar to the SJs.

I guess the patent leather is like elephant print. it varies from pair to pair.My cool greys had a pretty chunky patent and my Space Jams had a pretty decent patent cut too (although the height slightly changes the left to right shoe on both pairs). But this problem has existed since the OGs.
I just know that which ever out of my two pairs will have the higher patent cut will get broken out first 
pimp.gif

Description
LAUNCH UPDATE: We are releasing the Air Jordan 11 Retro, White/Black-Dark Concord, this Thursday night at Midnight; 12/23. MSRP $180. These will be available in men's sizes 7-13, 14 and 15. We will also have the AJ11 Retro available in all Young Athlete sizes (TD-GS) at the midnight launch. Please limit one pair per style per guest per transaction.

Wristbands for this launch will be distributed this Tuesday and Wednesday, 12/20 and 12/21, at 8AM and again at 5PM on both days. Please line up in front of the store on 57th Street towards 5th Avenue. Please have proper identification and contact number ready when picking up a wristband.

Guests are not allowed to line up until Monday night at 9PM. No is allowed to hold a spot in line for anyone else and everyone is expected to remain in line until they receive a wrisband. Please do not litter in front of our store or neighboring businesses. Anyone who cannot follow these guidelines will not be allowed to receive a wristband.

Limit one wristband per guest. Wristbands are not transferable. Wristbands are only good during the launch event. You must have wristband and identification present at the launch event. Wristbands do not guarantee product but do increase your chance to purchase. Anyone who cannot abide by all guidelines will be excluded from the event.

If you do not receive a wristband you are welcomed to line up the night of the launch on 12/22 in front of the store on 57th Street towards Madison Ave. No is permitted to line up prior to 9PM Thursday night.

got two pairs coming from the UK worst case scenario...they sold out in certain sizes over there...I guess that's foreshadowing for whats gonna happen here =(

Originally Posted by Mr718

Description
LAUNCH UPDATE: We are releasing the Air Jordan 11 Retro, White/Black-Dark Concord, this Thursday night at Midnight; 12/23. MSRP $180. These will be available in men's sizes 7-13, 14 and 15. We will also have the AJ11 Retro available in all Young Athlete sizes (TD-GS) at the midnight launch. Please limit one pair per style per guest per transaction.

Wristbands for this launch will be distributed this Tuesday and Wednesday, 12/20 and 12/21, at 8AM and again at 5PM on both days. Please line up in front of the store on 57th Street towards 5th Avenue. Please have proper identification and contact number ready when picking up a wristband.

Guests are not allowed to line up until Monday night at 9PM. No is allowed to hold a spot in line for anyone else and everyone is expected to remain in line until they receive a wrisband. Please do not litter in front of our store or neighboring businesses. Anyone who cannot follow these guidelines will not be allowed to receive a wristband.

Limit one wristband per guest. Wristbands are not transferable. Wristbands are only good during the launch event. You must have wristband and identification present at the launch event. Wristbands do not guarantee product but do increase your chance to purchase. Anyone who cannot abide by all guidelines will be excluded from the event.

If you do not receive a wristband you are welcomed to line up the night of the launch on 12/22 in front of the store on 57th Street towards Madison Ave. No is permitted to line up prior to 9PM Thursday night.

so whats the point? at least at nike Roosevelt field you were guaranteed your size.

Originally Posted by dubchester

Originally Posted by Tipsy

I ordered from Milk skate shop and never received a confirmation email, but they took money out of my account today. I have been trying to cancel the order for the past few days. They havent responded to any emails. Anybody know what I should do? Thanks
why are you trying to do the EXACT opposite of what everyone else in here is trying to do? 
laugh.gif
  secure a pair

I'm sure you have your reasons, and someone would be killing themselves to get your canceled pair. 

Love your avy, btw, those are my favorite XIs!!!

Lol well i already have a few pairs secured. Im not even sure whats going on with my MILK pre order, because their communication is horrible. I might actually have 3 sz 9.5 with them they sent me emails saying that my orders are pending and I havent heard anything since. Thanks those are my grails 

mad.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

You obviously don't collect anything but sneakers......young manWhat hobby do you know that ppl willingly buy to resell for cost??? Comics??? CARS??? Antiques??? Paintings???? even iPhones and iPads hit the resell market the first week of launch.........concert tickets anyone???This 'sneaker culture' if you wanna call it is growing. Who are you to say that the guy living in Alaska who can't get a pair at retail even if he wanted to isn't happy paying $300 for a pair of his fave jordans??? He's happy......so why u mad???eBay is to sneakers what barret Jackson is to cars. This is business
Young man? 
laugh.gif

My man, you have no idea.

Anyhow, to address your questions and emotionally charged statements, I will begin:

1. You are correct.  I do not collect anything but sneakers.  Not much of a hobby junky unless it is the hobby of living a good life.  However, like I have said many times before, I don't expect people to go out and copp mutliples and hook others up at cost, that is a little inane.  But, some members bragging about buying 25 pairs of Concords to resell for $100-150 above retail takes away from the sneaker culture and the sense of community that existed for many years.  You see many people on this board scratching and clawing to get a single pair, yet you are brazen enough to brag about how many pairs you have to resell.  Good for you my man, you bought extra shoes to make money off of people that could not get them for themselves.  Once again, this is not collecting, this is reselling, you in turn are a reseller. 

And, from my limited experience with trading cards, comics, collectibles, etc...there exists a tight fraternity in each hobby that use their common interests and good will to help each other out with a mutual benefit to everyone involved.  Concert tickets, whatever you want to mention, have the element of resellers.  It is a natural element of human behavior, to want to control resources and then charge an exorbitant amount due to the demand outweighing the supply.  This is the essence of greed.  You buy up all the bread at $1.00 and feed the starving for $2.00.  You are by no means encouraging a sense of community or good will.  You are out solely for yourself.

In fact, I know for a fact that there are numerous bands touring that have put in safeguards to limit the ability of resellers to obtain their tickets and in turn make a profit off of them.  People who have no real interest in the band other than to make money off of them. 

2.  I never said anything about the hypothetical guy living in Alaska as you so eloquently put it, paying $300 for a pair of shoes that retail for close to $200 with tax included.  Actually, I would expect this guy to pay somewhere between $240-250 for this particular shoe, with shipping and all taken into account.  If that is what he wants to pay, so be it.  However, it is unnecessary in my eyes.

3.  Do not be mistaken.  There is no anger or hatred or "salt", as you and the others are wont to call it.  Recognize that this is truth.  I have my pairs.  For myself and my family.  I have no worries.  I stay connected and in good relations with people all over the world that collect and help each other out. 

Yes, believe it or not, there are actually people that do things out of the goodness of their heart to help others, with no sense of reward or gain for themselves, other than knowing they helped someone share the same joy they feel when they put on a fresh new pair of kicks they have been desiring.

4.  If this is business as you say, then why not leave it on eBay?  No one here cares how many pairs you have and it is sad to see others like yourself acting so arrogantly about your feeble attempts to stack paper by reselling sneakers for $100-200 profit a pair.  This is how you have shown everyone here that knows the real score how small time you are.

If that's how you wanna stack some extra paper, then cool.  I really don't care.  But, what is pitiful is people bragging about having "X" number of pairs to resell while the majority of those posting in this thread are hurting for a single pair.

Now, I know you are upset about someone questioning your infallible methods, but just chill.  This is the internet.  No need to fly off reckless at the mouth and start calling people names or referring to others as "young man" when you have no idea who you are talking to.  It makes you look foolish. 

Respect and peace my man as we celebrate the birth of Christ. 

Tipsy wrote:

Lol well i already have a few pairs secured. Im not even sure whats going on with my MILK pre order, because their communication is horrible. I might actually have 3 sz 9.5 with them they sent me emails saying that my orders are pending and I havent heard anything since. Thanks those are my grails 
Same here...haven't heard anything from Milk since the first emails they sent. Some folks here had their orders cancelled by Milk, but mine hasn't. I checked the status and it still says confirmed. I just want to make sure my pair is definitely secured.

Originally Posted by XXPLOSIVE22

Tipsy wrote:

Same here...haven't heard anything from Milk since the first emails they sent. Some folks here had their orders cancelled by Milk, but mine hasn't. I checked the status and it still says confirmed. I just want to make sure my pair is definitely secured.

How do you check the status of your order?

Back
Top Bottom