Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Does anyone remember how much space jams were going for on craigslist right after RD?

after RD they were in the $280-300 range... market got flooded and the price dipped... slowly creeping back up now

Originally Posted by Tipsy

Originally Posted by XXPLOSIVE22

Tipsy wrote:

Lol well i already have a few pairs secured. Im not even sure whats going on with my MILK pre order, because their communication is horrible. I might actually have 3 sz 9.5 with them they sent me emails saying that my orders are pending and I havent heard anything since. Thanks those are my grails 
Same here...haven't heard anything from Milk since the first emails they sent. Some folks here had their orders cancelled by Milk, but mine hasn't. I checked the status and it still says confirmed. I just want to make sure my pair is definitely secured.

How do you check the status of your order?

Just logged in using the user name I created. I'll PM you the link where to log in and what to look for

verysteri otypical wrote:
rojanjon wrote:
DRO3000 wrote:

You obviously don't collect anything but sneakers......young man What hobby do you know that ppl willingly buy to resell for cost??? Comics??? CARS??? Antiques??? Paintings???? even iPhones and iPads hit the resell market the first week of launch.........concert tickets anyone??? This 'sneaker culture' if you wanna call it is growing. Who are you to say that the guy living in Alaska who can't get a pair at retail even if he wanted to isn't happy paying $300 for a pair of his fave jordans??? He's happy......so why u mad??? eBay is to sneakers what barret Jackson is to cars. This is business
Young man? 
laugh.gif

My man, you have no idea.

Anyhow, to address your questions and emotionally charged statements, I will begin:

1. You are correct.  I do not collect anything but sneakers.  Not much of a hobby junky unless it is the hobby of living a good life.  However, like I have said many times before, I don't expect people to go out and copp mutliples and hook others up at cost, that is a little inane.  But, some members bragging about buying 25 pairs of Concords to resell for $100-150 above retail takes away from the sneaker culture and the sense of community that existed for many years.  You see many people on this board scratching and clawing to get a single pair, yet you are brazen enough to brag about how many pairs you have to resell.  Good for you my man, you bought extra shoes to make money off of people that could not get them for themselves.  Once again, this is not collecting, this is reselling, you in turn are a reseller. 

And, from my limited experience with trading cards, comics, collectibles, etc...there exists a tight fraternity in each hobby that use their common interests and good will to help each other out with a mutual benefit to everyone involved.  Concert tickets, whatever you want to mention, have the element of resellers.  It is a natural element of human behavior, to want to control resources and then charge an exorbitant amount due to the demand outweighing the supply.  This is the essence of greed.  You buy up all the bread at $1.00 and feed the starving for $2.00.  You are by no means encouraging a sense of community or good will.  You are out solely for yourself.

In fact, I know for a fact that there are numerous bands touring that have put in safeguards to limit the ability of resellers to obtain their tickets and in turn make a profit off of them.  People who have no real interest in the band other than to make money off of them. 

2.  I never said anything about the hypothetical guy living in Alaska as you so eloquently put it, paying $300 for a pair of shoes that retail for close to $200 with tax included.  Actually, I would expect this guy to pay somewhere between $240-250 for this particular shoe, with shipping and all taken into account.  If that is what he wants to pay, so be it.  However, it is unnecessary in my eyes.

3.  Do not be mistaken.  There is no anger or hatred or "salt", as you and the others are wont to call it.  Recognize that this is truth.  I have my pairs.  For myself and my family.  I have no worries.  I stay connected and in good relations with people all over the world that collect and help each other out. 

Yes, believe it or not, there are actually people that do things out of the goodness of their heart to help others, with no sense of reward or gain for themselves, other than knowing they helped someone share the same joy they feel when they put on a fresh new pair of kicks they have been desiring.

4.  If this is business as you say, then why not leave it on eBay?  No one here cares how many pairs you have and it is sad to see others like yourself acting so arrogantly about your feeble attempts to stack paper by reselling sneakers for $100-200 profit a pair.  This is how you have shown everyone here that knows the real score how small time you are.

If that's how you wanna stack some extra paper, then cool.  I really don't care.  But, what is pitiful is people bragging about having "X" number of pairs to resell while the majority of those posting in this thread are hurting for a single pair.

Now, I know you are upset about someone questioning your infallible methods, but just chill.  This is the internet.  No need to fly off reckless at the mouth and start calling people names or referring to others as "young man" when you have no idea who you are talking to.  It makes you look foolish. 

Respect and peace my man as we celebrate the birth of Christ. 

great post

I could personally care less if someone has a hookup and is able to profit a little from this release.  But seriously...  people with numerous pairs should be grateful for what they have, not rubbing it in peoples faces.

Anybody know how many pairs NDC will have? And will they do the overnight shipping again?

These guys think they're that clown Ben Baller hustling kicks but the fame and fortune stills allows them to comment on NT 24/7.

Good post rajonjon!

Definitely grateful for the job i have allowing me to buy as many as i want. I ll probably end up with more pairs than some small ftl stores. Crazy.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

verysteri otypical wrote:
rojanjon wrote:
Young man? 
laugh.gif

My man, you have no idea.

Anyhow, to address your questions and emotionally charged statements, I will begin:

1. You are correct.  I do not collect anything but sneakers.  Not much of a hobby junky unless it is the hobby of living a good life.  However, like I have said many times before, I don't expect people to go out and copp mutliples and hook others up at cost, that is a little inane.  But, some members bragging about buying 25 pairs of Concords to resell for $100-150 above retail takes away from the sneaker culture and the sense of community that existed for many years.  You see many people on this board scratching and clawing to get a single pair, yet you are brazen enough to brag about how many pairs you have to resell.  Good for you my man, you bought extra shoes to make money off of people that could not get them for themselves.  Once again, this is not collecting, this is reselling, you in turn are a reseller. 

And, from my limited experience with trading cards, comics, collectibles, etc...there exists a tight fraternity in each hobby that use their common interests and good will to help each other out with a mutual benefit to everyone involved.  Concert tickets, whatever you want to mention, have the element of resellers.  It is a natural element of human behavior, to want to control resources and then charge an exorbitant amount due to the demand outweighing the supply.  This is the essence of greed.  You buy up all the bread at $1.00 and feed the starving for $2.00.  You are by no means encouraging a sense of community or good will.  You are out solely for yourself.

In fact, I know for a fact that there are numerous bands touring that have put in safeguards to limit the ability of resellers to obtain their tickets and in turn make a profit off of them.  People who have no real interest in the band other than to make money off of them. 

2.  I never said anything about the hypothetical guy living in Alaska as you so eloquently put it, paying $300 for a pair of shoes that retail for close to $200 with tax included.  Actually, I would expect this guy to pay somewhere between $240-250 for this particular shoe, with shipping and all taken into account.  If that is what he wants to pay, so be it.  However, it is unnecessary in my eyes.

3.  Do not be mistaken.  There is no anger or hatred or "salt", as you and the others are wont to call it.  Recognize that this is truth.  I have my pairs.  For myself and my family.  I have no worries.  I stay connected and in good relations with people all over the world that collect and help each other out. 

Yes, believe it or not, there are actually people that do things out of the goodness of their heart to help others, with no sense of reward or gain for themselves, other than knowing they helped someone share the same joy they feel when they put on a fresh new pair of kicks they have been desiring.

4.  If this is business as you say, then why not leave it on eBay?  No one here cares how many pairs you have and it is sad to see others like yourself acting so arrogantly about your feeble attempts to stack paper by reselling sneakers for $100-200 profit a pair.  This is how you have shown everyone here that knows the real score how small time you are.

If that's how you wanna stack some extra paper, then cool.  I really don't care.  But, what is pitiful is people bragging about having "X" number of pairs to resell while the majority of those posting in this thread are hurting for a single pair.

Now, I know you are upset about someone questioning your infallible methods, but just chill.  This is the internet.  No need to fly off reckless at the mouth and start calling people names or referring to others as "young man" when you have no idea who you are talking to.  It makes you look foolish. 

Respect and peace my man as we celebrate the birth of Christ. 

great post

I could personally care less if someone has a hookup and is able to profit a little from this release.  But seriously...  people with numerous pairs should be grateful for what they have, not rubbing it in peoples faces. 

There both wrong and both right in some ways...... I mean rojanjon is just not being realistic. The sneaker game has just come to this point where it is a perfect example of how cut throat and disgusting people can get when money is in the mix. There's only a small percentage left that "hook up" people up for the sake of I guess just hooking someone up. I have seen too many times where people either say they will hook them up but once they get the shoes the value gets to there head and they seem hesitant on doing a good deed. And in most scenarios they flake on the favor. OR good people hook people up and then they ask for favors in return and to there surprise the favors are never returned. And in turn they decide to never hook anyone up again. Then of course there are GREAT people that hook up people without ever wanting anything in return. 
I see the "hooking people up" in the shoe game as giving christmas gifts. You shouldn't give a gift thinking that you are getting something in return. If those people you gave a gift to are grateful and are good people. Then out of there kindness they will have already had a gift ready for you or will get you a gift in reminder of how thoughtful you were of them. 

As far as collectors and resellers goes. I think there is something that is not being thought about. There are 3 types of people in the game. 1 being the individual that purely resells and doesn't even keep a single pair for themselves. 2 the complete opposite where the individual just collects and rarely resells. 3 the individual that resells and collects (the one that funds his sneaker obsession by reselling). But, all in all dro3000 is a clown because he is bragging about how many pairs he has for resale lol....... It's like like buying out all the tickets for a Green Bay Playoff game and then going to Sports Bar in Wisconsin and telling everyone how much your about to make bank on the tickets. It's stupid lol........ I think it's so hilarious when people are inline at a campout and start talking about how many pairs there getting with there friends to resell. Everyone in the line who is an actual enthusiast despises them and wants to deck them lol.....I mean it's all good if you want go resell shoes for whatever reason but keep it to yourself.....  

Lol. Time for the mods to come through and clean this up. I don't see why people brag about having X amount of pairs at retail. News flash...even retail isn't a good deal on these shoes that cost no more than $10 pair to make in a sweatshop overseas. Everybody is still getting ripped off-some less than others. The only person who's really getting a "good deal" is Nike and even that's debatable b/c it's at the expense of exploiting others.

With that being said-I'm not saying don't cop them. I would like to get my pair just like many other people. If you like them then purchase them, but the bragging is a bit excessive when you look at the big picture. There's more to life than Concord XI's.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Definitely grateful for the job i have allowing me to buy as many as i want. I ll probably end up with more pairs than some small ftl stores. Crazy.
I totally get you, and absolutely agree.... but this post is gonna cause so much hatred 
roll.gif

@shindo03...you are dead on...hence the term 5%'ers when referring to this small % that hook others up with no thought of reward. I truly hope all you heads are blessed with a pair of Cords, love knowing you cats are cheesin' like kids on Christmas.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ballerchild

Anyone know when H-S will start shipping? Hoping they don't cancel orders after RD.

The website said they wouldn't ship until the 27th. 

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

WHO DOESN'T WANT FREE MONEY? EVEN BILLIONAIRES WANT MORE OF IT.

If you have to ask, you'll never know. Missed the point by a shot. But, keep keepin on fam. It's all love.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

If you have to ask, you'll never know. Missed the point by a shot. But, keep keepin on fam. It's all love.

damn, read my mind word for word...

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Anybody know how many pairs NDC will have? And will they do the overnight shipping again?

There hasn't been any word on if they'd do a shipping bump, I wouldn't expect it though since Saturday delivery is an expensive add on to overnight delivery.

Originally Posted by mints

Originally Posted by ballerchild

Anyone know when H-S will start shipping? Hoping they don't cancel orders after RD.

The website said they wouldn't ship until the 27th. 

Thanks, didn't notice that. Anyone get any cancellation emails from H-S? I'm still not banking on my order from them.

I ordered two pairs off of oqiumstore. They came out to 235. Dont know when they shipped out though.

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Originally Posted by nykeeboi

Paid an arm & a leg at my local mom and pop today. Just a little insurance if I miss out on RD. if I do end up getting a couple of pairs on NDC I don't think I'll take a huge loss if I end up selling the ones I just copped.

how much did u pay

280 in Queens. Before all the "you got raped" comments, I really don't care. I have 2 daughters and a full time job and don't have the time or patience to "put in work" to find the best prices. I make a decent living as a CPA so I don't mind spending the extra money for a guaranteed pair. And if I do end up copping on NDC I would gladly sell mine for what I paid.

Gonna try my local spots early before RD...usually I can cop for retail, and I'm willing to help if all goes well.
grin.gif

youre still at an age where your free time is less valuable than the amount of cash made from internet hustling.  one of these days you will pass that threshold and get it.  or not.

what happened to this thread.  there is no useful information, just kids bragging and talking ##%.  

nykeeboi wrote:
Originally Posted by sammietheboss

nykeeboi wrote:
Paid an arm & a leg at my local mom and pop today. Just a little insurance if I miss out on RD. if I do end up getting a couple of pairs on NDC I don't think I'll take a huge loss if I end up selling the ones I just copped.

how much did u pay

280 in Queens. Before all the "you got raped" comments, I really don't care. I have 2 daughters and a full time job and don't have the time or patience to "put in work" to find the best prices. I make a decent living as a CPA so I don't mind spending the extra money for a guaranteed pair. And if I do end up copping on NDC I would gladly sell mine for what I paid.
280 damn cuz thats like 95 over retail thats 95 that could have went to ya daughters next time i hope u exercise patience
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom