Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

guys that ordered from CROOKEDTONGUES... check your mail/door.... just received a nice new years eve gift.... tracking says package still in new york... but it ended up in my door this morning... finally got all my orders in! HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE NT!

In regards to the alcohol on the patent leather issue, thanks for the tips. FYI, Olive oil works well on the patent as well. I'm going to try the tire shine and armorall wipes that were suggested, on the last little spots. I hope it works.... I will report back with pics.

Originally Posted by loubrock

should on be weary of the Concords coming from Sneakerape?? I'm all set as far as my pairs go but I was looking to cop a pair for a friend and they just dropped in price to 275 shipped. Just curious...

roll.gif
roll.gif
wait people would consider ordering from a site called sneakerRAPE or is this a joke that went over my head
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nicallnet

l ruined the patent leather on my concords!  i wiped it with alcohol and it dulled the surface.  it looks horrible.  Does anyone know how to restore the shine or are they completely ruined?  It's only the left shoe.  I tried vaseline, it helped a little but not much.  Any tips would be appreciated.

tire shine. i made the same mistake. sorry bro

Originally Posted by aphexacid

The attitude of some people that have these is seriously astounding. I walked into 711 at about 1am just now, and like an idiot, i complimented some thug nasty that was wearing these. He says to me something like, "yeah, get at me, exclusives, what you know about these".

I'm too old to be starting anything with these fools, so i just continued about my business.

The super "exclusive" '99 blk/red 4's i was wearing must not have been cool enough for him :/

I wore my 2000s a few days ago to get some chicken at popeyes....couple was wearing 2011s.....looked at mine....he whispered something to her...she started to giggle....I am almost certain they thought I had fakes on....it's sad that older retros and OGs are considered fakes to kids.....oh well is what it is now....

Originally Posted by The7onius

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Got a new camera and I just wanted to test the simplicity of just taking B&W shots

Never have I experienced where a shoe has caused so much emotion in people.
From happiness, to hate, to bitterness, and yet the shoe is emotionless and sits there waiting to be worn, waiting to be looked at or waiting to worshiped.
I stare at the shoe and it just sits there bringing me closer to its soul to where I first felt the same emotion back in 1978 to where Sneaker Joint was in Washington Heights and to where I finally got my first real pair of sneakers and I look back and for one brief moment in time I say this is why I collect and wear sneakers. It is the most healthiest of all addictions known to man....
pimp.gif

To be honest, it looks like you made the pic black and white to hide color of the sole. The shoes have the same attributes of the fake pairs floating around, inconsistent lace loops, skinny jumpman, could be wrong.
Wow CSI can really use you...
You have determined by my pictures that the Soles and attributes of the shoe are fake.
You have broken down to the lace loops, the skinny Jumpman etc...
So what I have concluded is that either you got a fake pair yourself since you broke it down bit by bit
Not hating on you but if you are going to make a blunt observation comment like that then prepare for a rebuttal and one thing we can both agree with is your ending comment is, that you are wrong...

The prices are starting to drop on these due to many people who want them getting them for stupid prices.Or maybe all the listings on Ebay are just new ones because I don't see any bids hitting $400 anymore.Either way if you have to resort to Ebay just wait a bit longer and I'm sure the prices will drop even more.No restocks online!!!

Just saw my Finishline order finally got cancelled.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

"If you got a confirmation email, you will get your shoes"

Apparently not
laugh.gif
I only ordered from them because I couldn't get through on NDC or Eastbay, but sheesh what a joke. I talked to their customer service three times this week and they had different answers every time and absolutely no clue how their own system worked.

On Tuesday a lady told me my order was being shipped from the warehouse but was still processing. I asked if that meant there was inventory to match my order and that I would get my pairs and she said yes.

Then on Thursday the guy told me they were sold out and the system was still processing trying to pick them from a store, but that "there are still orders being processed and shipped from the warehouse right now as we speak." I asked him did they determine which orders went through, was it chronologically who got them first? "I don't know." I then asked him about the tweet saying if you got a confirmation email you would get the shoes. He said, "That's not how the system works." Well, how DOES it work then? "I don't know how the system works."
30t6p3b.gif

It's not the end of the world, but like many others I am frustrated given how much of a drag it was staying up all night refreshing two computers and how I'd wanted a pair of these for the last ten years or so. 

Wow CSI can really use you...<
So what I have concluded is that either you got a fake pair yourself since you broke it down bit by bit
Not hating on you but if you are going to make a blunt observation comment like that then prepare for a rebuttal and one thing we can both agree with is your ending comment is, that you are wrong...

I never buy early and it's always from Eastbay or NDC, like I said I could be wrong with regards to your pair but that receipt doesn't prove anything and could pertain to another pair you own. I see you're a little sensitive about the whole thing hence the quick proof pic, so lets leave it as it is, thank you.

^^ I never buy early and it's always from Eastbay or NDC, like I said I could be wrong with regards to your pair but that receipt doesn't prove anything and could pertain to another pair you own. I see you're a little sensitive about the whole thing hence the quick proof pic, so lets leave it as it is, thank you.

Well taking pics of the shoes in unique angles and with photobucket cropping them into their site may explain your doubts. Believe me sensitivity is not at play here. Regardless if you believe it or not that is for you to determine.

wow my pair from crooked tongues came and nobody answered the door and usps just left a note saying i can pick these up on tuesday 
indifferent.gif
... mind you i have work the whole week and wont have time to even get to the post office before it closes 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by TheKing23

The prices are starting to drop on these due to many people who want them getting them for stupid prices.Or maybe all the listings on Ebay are just new ones because I don't see any bids hitting $400 anymore.Either way if you have to resort to Ebay just wait a bit longer and I'm sure the prices will drop even more.No restocks online!!!

I hope so....I'm still trying to help my lil bro find his pair
ohwell.gif

dont be fooled by all this talk about restocks and how much ebay is taxing ppl. if you work for a living spend your money on what you want and what makes you happy. if they hit you for 350-400 and you have it then buy em. how many times in your life will you have 350 dollars? how many chances will you have to buy concords? money is nothing its fake use it to your advantage and dont let it control you. live your life get your pairs and happy new year to all! my pair from the oquim restocks are in the us and will be here the 3rd. im very greatful to have my One pair.

Originally Posted by SticUpKid3

dont be fooled by all this talk about restocks and how much ebay is taxing ppl. if you work for a living spend your money on what you want and what makes you happy. if they hit you for 350-400 and you have it then buy em. how many times in your life will you have 350 dollars? how many chances will you have to buy concords? money is nothing its fake use it to your advantage and dont let it control you. live your life get your pairs and happy new year to all! my pair from the oquim restocks are in the us and will be here the 3rd. im very greatful to have my One pair.

Exactly man! What did people really expect from the greatest sneaker of all-time? These kicks are well worth it. Nostalgia alone for us older dudes is worth every bit of $400.00, but not to mention the stuntin that I know some of yall are gonna be doin
smile.gif
They're worth every bit of $300-$400. 
Expect the exact same for the lows, don't expect anything different. Start making provisions to have yours secured or get a few pairs of the early releases. Happy New Years yall, BE SAFE.

Originally Posted by cnoriega

Exactly man! What did people really expect from the greatest sneaker of all-time? These kicks are well worth it. Nostalgia alone for us older dudes is worth every bit of $400.00, but not to mention the stuntin that I know some of yall are gonna be doin
smile.gif
Expect the exact same for the lows, don't expect anything different. Start making provisions to have yours secured or get a few pairs of the early releases. Happy New Years yall, BE SAFE.

Ironic you're justifying the resell price range and have that sig, the shoes sell for $180 and it was only a week and few days ago. All that nostalgia and well worth it talk would pertain to the earlier version of this shoe but the 2011 version isn't worth $300+ yet. No one can justify a 100% mark up on a newly released sneaker that isn't limited or exclusive.

Originally Posted by cnoriega

smile.gif

Ironic you're justifying the resell price range and have that sig, the shoes sell for $180 and it was only a week and few days ago. All that nostalgia and well worth it talk would pertain to the earlier version of this shoe but the 2011 version isn't worth $300+ yet. No one can justify a 100% mark up on a newly released sneaker that isn't limited or exclusive.
While I essentially agree that the markup is a little out of range so soon (I certainly wouldn't pay it), even though this particular sneaker isn't called, or even intended to be, "limited", basic economic theory of supply and demand explains some of it.  Even with the GR production run, there is a smaller supply than there is a demand, so those in position to raise the price to meet the demand can certainly do so.  It doesn't matter if the shoe has been out a week or a decade - more people are looking for them than there are pairs available, and this is what you get.  People will continue to ask $300+ until there's no one left to pay it.  And there's certainly enough of the secondary market still willing to pay those prices.  So, current buyers either need to pay it, or wait it out.

Originally Posted by FRESSSH89

Was at the mall yesterday. Asked guy about a restock but then say "na, but go ask her" . Im getting my hopes all up and ask him she knows? He said something like yea she knows something. So I ask her and she kind of laughs and says no. But I thought something fishy was going on, so thats what I said to the other guy who told me to ask her. And then he tells me thats just a joke there doing on each other because they obviously been getting asked so many times. But man.. u dont play with a guys emotions like that. I should of posted tat they got a restock lol. Would of had that phones ringing off the hook. I couldnt do that to u guys tho lol. But man, I could of had a campsite there in 5 minutes.
lol at least this dude didn't laugh straight in your face.  My sisters bf asked some dude at finishline and got laughed at by the whole staff.

Originally Posted by YoungGambit

So was this release of the Concords as bad as the OG release? I can't remember, I had to beg my mom to order them outta Eastbay back in the day lol

Man, the original release was nothing special. The picture from the original catalog showed up in magazines a little bit before the official in store release with the 800 number. You could call and order them. When they finally did release in stores, they sat for a while before eventually being sopped up. Most Jordan fans didn't like them when they initially released, but I absolutely loved them. I passed on the Concords, but bought multiples of the White/Columbia and Black/Red. I remember them being in the Nike Store out here on sale for like $79.99. 
So basically this release is in a class of it's own. 

Back
Top Bottom