Official Air Jordan XX3 White/Black/Red Post 2/16/08

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

so the black ones came out already?

No. The Black/white/red or All-Stars release on this Saturday the 16th, the Black or Stealths release next Saturday the 23rd.

Originally Posted by jettdatdude

I never would have guessed so many past haters would be willing to drop $200 on "and1/reebok/wade/t-mac look-alikes."

laugh.gif
my sentiments exactly... i for one, have liked these from thefirst scan from litesole. although it wasn't a great pic, u could still see the potential.
ilxaqb.jpg

al0xvb.jpg

2cmvhj9.jpg

...will most likely have stealths this weekend...
wink.gif
tongue.gif

I hope I can snag a pair or two between Friday night and Saturday morning. I'm still hoping someone can find and post the Eastbay link. This isdefinitely a nice shoe...bout time.

Originally Posted by El Bro

I played ball in my black/stealths earlier tonight. I must say the air cushioning was great, traction was ok , but they were a little big on me, not by much, but just enough to be uncomfortable playing ball. I wear a 10, but may have to go down to a 9.5 to play ball in. Looks like I will keep these stealths to wear casually, and use the white/black/red CW to play ball in.

My dude, what is you doin' playin' ball in $200 shoes?!?!?! You in the NBA? Lack of respect for money?

^^ Some people forget that Jordans are BASKETBALL shoes and that some people buy them to play ball in. I give mad props to all the people that actually weartheir shoes and to those who play ball in them like they are suposed to be played in.

On another note sounds like people with wide feet(such as myself) are gonna have a problem with this shoe?????

Originally Posted by sick90teg4dr

Originally Posted by Josh311

Has anyone said if Eastbay will have these or not, my guess is they would but I want to be sure. Going to have to be on the phone outside the bar Friday night calling Eastbay if so!

yes they are getting them...it says it on the Jordan page. "xx3 comming 2-16"
I called their customer service line to confirm with a rep. The conversation went like this:

Me: "When are the XX3 all stars going on sale?"
Her: "Ummm they aren't."
Me: "Really? I mean on your site it says coming 2/16"
Her: "Nooo... they're not going on sale."
Me: "So why does your site say coming 2/16?"
Her: "Oh, I thought you were asking when they went on clearance?
Me: "No, I wanted to confirm that you will have these for purchase on 2/16"
Her: "I don't know, let me check with a manager."

You'd think the CSR's would have a little more knowledge on the biggest release of the year and a typical conversation shouldn't make you feel likeyou were speaking to a rock.

^ every store Ive called has given me that same exact response...some store dont even know if theyre gettin them

Originally Posted by CardinalSinMusic

I played ball in my black/stealths earlier tonight. I must say the air cushioning was great, traction was ok , but they were a little big on me, not by much, but just enough to be uncomfortable playing ball. I wear a 10, but may have to go down to a 9.5 to play ball in. Looks like I will keep these stealths to wear casually, and use the white/black/red CW to play ball in.

My dude, what is you doin' playin' ball in $200 shoes?!?!?! You in the NBA? Lack of respect for money?
eek.gif
smh.gif

Thats the reason that I bought them, to play ball. Im not going to spend 185 on a shoe, so I can wear it once in a while, especially when its supposed tobe one of the greatest bball shoes of all time. Although I was disappointed by the traction. The zoom bb was alot better in that area. However, thecushioning was superb and I do like how there is only one jumpman total on the both shoes. They didnt even put them in the insoles. I love the way theylook, on my feet.

Originally Posted by eltouha

Originally Posted by sdsualum

Originally Posted by steeda972003

Yes they run big!!! Good thing i didn't order mine online! I usually wear a 11.5 and ended up with two 11's. My buddy wears a 11 and he got a 10.5! I was shaking my head when i tried the 11.5 on. Don't be surprised when they crease after you wear them once. They are still nice but dig into your feet in some parts. I don't see how playing ball in them is comfortable maybe i need to break them in more!

i usually wear a 9.5 in jordans and ordered my stealths in a 9.5. Should i order a 9 in the all-stars? i'm a little worried b/c i plan on wearing my stealths more than the all-stars (if i get my hands on them)

funny, i'm generally 9.5 so i got a 9.5. they're very snug. in fact, the material on the inside is so snug that it's now rubbed a blister on the knuckle of my little toe on my left foot. i wish i got 10.
These are definitely NOT the greatest shoe in the history of basketball. They came close. They're excellent in many ways, conceptually, and mostly those concept work beautifully, but there are too many kinks in the design and make.
these fit better than any other shoe, but the materials don't allow for such a fit to work right. they fit better than the XX2's but the XX2's feel better (upper, i mean).

the soles on these are incredible. just walk up or down stairs in them for an entirely orgasmic experience. they rival the XX's for sole cushion and bounce. Possibly even surpass them. I dunno, i <3 the XX's in this regard too much. Time will tell.

I can't fault the soles at all.
I wear a size 10, and they were a little bit big on me, but not by much. I got a blister on the same spot of the left foot as you. I had totake them off when playing last night. I think I just need to break them in a little more. I love the look of the shoe and cushioning , but the upper feelslike cardboard when moving left and right real quick on the court, and traction was not great. Now I am wondering if I should still by a 9.5 for thewhite/black/red colorway.

I agree that the soles and cushioning of the shoes are amazingly comfy. I think probably the best soles on a Jordan to date. The lock down fit is incredible. Ihaven't balled in them to see how the traction is but the upper is really nice in that it hugs your feet perfectly, like Tinker has said in the DVD hedesigned these like a track spike and you can really tell by how form fitting they are. The only thing that's making this shoe not the "bestbasketball shoe ever created" is the rubber outsole that goes up over the toes, the "teeth" as Tinker called them. They help provide thesnugness and lock down fit which is great and do hold your foot in place the only problem is there's absolutely no padding underneath rubber on the insideof the shoe so your toes rub directly on that and it makes for a very uncomfortable fit right there. Had they used just a little bit of padding right there Ithink all the problems would have been solved in this shoe and it would have been one of the "best basketball shoes ever created." I'm surethrough some break in time they become an amazing basketball shoe but out the box those rubber teeth are murder. Otherwise the rest of the shoe is amazing andthe design is flawless. I just wish they fit as cushy and soft inside as the Melo's do out the box. And going up a half size I don't think would solvemy problem because it's not the length of the shoe that's my issue. In that area I think the shoe is very true to size because every other part of theshoe fits me exactly where it's supposed to and a half size bigger would only make my foot slide around if I was playing basketball.

Originally Posted by Sneak King

So nobody in here can get a hold on the quantity of the All Stars?!?!?!? It's kinda killing me. This is what I think; It would seem to me that if this shoe was really limited, site(s) like PYS would have had a mark up on these due to the fact that they went on sale a whole week early for the "AS" and 2 weeks early for the Stealths. I would expect a $60 mark up at least (Considdering that that's about how the X/XIII pack was priced during it's 2 or 3 day presale). INSTEAD, both of these XXIII's are being sold for less than retail. That type of pricing is reminiscent of maybe the Aquas, which there was an ample supply. So it just seems to me that the pricing strategy for a reseller such as PYS is a little backwards if this shoe is indeed limited. Please......Discuss what you think! I'm trying to get a true feel for what everyone thinks about this shoes availability.
Yo just me thankful that we were able to cop below retail and cop early...I don't care if they're limited or not I just didnt want to go standin line saturday morning.

Why drink a thousand dollar bottle of champagne when you can show off with in in pictures and at parties instead?
smh.gif

Some people buy shoes to wear and, boldly, to play in. I admit, when I was younger, I never balled in expensive shoes. Nowthat I'm older, impressing people isn't even a blip on my radar and I have more disposable income to even buy multiples if I deem it worthwhile (1 torock/1 to stock).

That being said, I'm going to give these a few days of casual wear before I hoop in them now from some of the briefcomments about them. We haven't received the XX3's at my store yet, but I'm LOVING the design and weight of the black/black/white Zoom BB II'sso they take the top priority on my basketball list for now.

Also, even though it's horribly overpriced like all Jordan apparel, there is a very nice selection of basketballgear to accompany the white/black/red and black/red XX3's if you're the type that likes to hoop in matching gear. I'll cop some sets during thenext Emp. App. sale.

To my surprise my all-stars arrived this morning
...These shoes are looking mackadocious(will post pics with jeans and shorts later). They should hold me off for a couple months...I aint coppin Jordans tillthe AJ III and XX pack drops.

I just can't drop 200 beans on these....

I just hope I can find them later for a better price. If not...dah well.

Right now I'm standing in line at NTLA to get a wristband for sat. And there's only 7 peeps in line so doesn't look to be that hot of a shoe. Goodthing I'm getting mine.

Right now I'm standing in line at NTLA to get a wristband for sat. And there's only 7 peeps in line so doesn't look to be that hot of a shoe. Goodthing I'm getting mine.

Right now I'm standing in line at NTLA to get a wristband for sat. And there's only 7 peeps in line so doesn't look to be that hot of a shoe. Good thing I'm getting mine.
eek.gif

Sleeping out two days in advance for theses.....is that really necessary???????

Im really excited to see the performance of the shoe. INMHO, the last Jordan model that was great to ball in were the XIV's. Unbelievable support and goshi love the "squeaks" (traction). To those who played in them already, how was the traction? Ive moved on from playing in Jordans since thexiv's. I felt the other models weren't as appealing performance wise, and also the looks of some of em went down hill. Ended up playing in some a lotof different "force" models and even the kobes.... FYI the Zoom Kobe III, feel pretty darn good...

Sup folks!! NOOB in the house! Anyone one have info about our Silicon Valley spots (bay area)??? I know Niketown will get them in SF but how about our san josearea stores... Called FL in Oakridge and they said no on the Allstars :-(?????

^^^ not sleeping out. I'm getting a writband 2day and then coming back on sat. To pick up the shoes. This is how NTLA does it for every release general ornot.

guess i'll just have to front like i don't like these joints since i can't get a discount on them or hold them in the stockroom and wait for theprice to go down...anybody else not able to use their employee discount on the xx3s? it's only saving about $60 butthats money regardless

MAN, THESE SHOES ARE WACK!

Back
Top Bottom