Official Air Max 97 Thread

I like that I have an 11.5. I don't like how the 11 fits. The end. They're fine.. I didn't know folks hated them Lmao :lol:
🤣
No man, I don’t hate them at all. I just find them a bit underwhelming. It’s my favorite Air Max of all time so I just had hoped Nike would really deliver with this 25th anniversary drop. I’m still keeping my two decent pairs. Just wondered why you were letting them go lol

These are some of my all time favorite colorways. Just touched down from GOAT @$165 shipped :pimp:

Quality of materials are on point, but craftsmanship is standard 2022 Nike.

238BD66A-16D0-4DD8-B9F1-9C63C6058F9A.jpeg

A6EAB24D-C122-4639-ADB5-8A258CAEE9B8.gif
Has anyone see these lingering around in a 10.5 or 11 ?

Pair from centre. Ya’ll had no price on the label too or is this a one off? Or did centre send me china specials

Attachments

• 5102DD0D-DA88-4AC0-A815-2D73843BEADF.jpeg
    5102DD0D-DA88-4AC0-A815-2D73843BEADF.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 140
The thing that really gets me is, they could've literally just stuck with the 2017 version and simply changed the side panel-stitch and back tabs to match the OG. Other than the standard lack of serious comfort underfoot, I had no complaints with the 2016/17 retro. Instead, they went and changed the shape and proportions here and actually made them worse this time around.
Idk I just simply disagree with you here my man. To me the shape is well improved over the 2017 (not drastically different but improved) and these also feel better underfoot than the ‘17 as well. Not saying they’re the most comfortable shoe ever or as comfortable as the OG but they offer a noticeable change in the right direction. But yeah the shape on the ‘22 is absolutely fine. Not sure what you’re seeing there. Where I can find some common ground with you is the QC though. The QC is lacking on the ‘22. I had some glue stains but nothing to fret too much over. Overall I think these were executed really well but that’s just my opinion I guess.

Idk I just simply disagree with you here my man. To me the shape is well improved over the 2017 (not drastically different but improved) and these also feel better underfoot than the ‘17 as well. Not saying they’re the most comfortable shoe ever or as comfortable as the OG but they offer a noticeable change in the right direction. But yeah the shape on the ‘22 is absolutely fine. Not sure what you’re seeing there. Where I can find some common ground with you is the QC though. The QC is lacking on the ‘22. I had some glue stains but nothing to fret too much over. Overall I think these were executed really well but that’s just my opinion I guess.

My only issue is QC as well. I had to reorder because the pair I got had scratches on them already.

Haven't followed the thread closely enough to tell what the big fuss is about other than some QC complaints. But I think I get what he is saying. Overall, they kind of look like a GS shoe for some reason. :lol: And I think it might have something to do with that.

I read somewhere, they have more of a bulky toe.. I have no beef with them and the difference in shape and deets makes keeping the two worth it. But if anything, 2017's shape> 22 and I think a 2017 version + 2022 OG deets + 22 underfoot would've been a home run.

Haven't followed the thread closely enough to tell what the big fuss is about other than some QC complaints. But I think I get what he is saying. Overall, they kind of look like a GS shoe for some reason. :lol: And I think it might have something to do with that.

I read somewhere, they have more of a bulky toe.. I have no beef with them and the difference in shape and deets makes keeping the two worth it. But if anything, 2017's shape> 22 and I think a 2017 version + 2022 OG deets + 22 underfoot would've been a home run.
Yeah. It’s really not a big deal the more I looked at them but if you put them next to each other, the 2022s have a bulkier toe with less slant than the 2017s. The new version just seems a bit “off” to me, is all I can say. Also including the weird (compared to past versions) lace color. But you really need to be a SB 97 geek to even notice this stuff, I guess 🤣
Kinda like I said before, I had hoped to be blown away by these but instead there are some improvements but also things I don’t like as much. That’s where my mild disappointment comes from.

Back
Top Bottom