***Official Air Max Penny 4 IV Retro-2017?***

Penny 3s = :pimp:

Nike needs to do the Penny 4 justice and drop them Suns and the black and blue pairs.

I do not know why Nike is coming up with these alternate/ new colorways.

I believe that most people myself included would want the OG colorways, they were just a lot more defining and truly a Penny shoe.

The Penny IV Suns colorway is for example the last signature model that he wore, before all the Retroing of his shoes started.

I am a die hard Penny fan, but this laundring of his shoes is just sad. I would rather pay 160 for perfect retro, including all materials from back in the days, maybe even more than that, including the original box.

Jordan Brand did it with the XII, so why not with the Penny line. Whoever is in charge is not able to give the shoes that real retro feeling.

And the biggest mystery for me: Penny I OG home version. Why Nike, why?

When the Penny IV retros hit outlets for 60-80, I will probably get a couple, everything else is just disrespecting my wallet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not everyone who buys shoes are like us tho.

My neighbor has a 12 yr old who is kinda into sneakers now.
Wen he sees these at the mall it will be his first time seeing the penny 4 in his life. Maybe a little kid mite prefer that color over the og.

I think alot of sneaker colors are ******* terrible. But i see people rocking them all the time.

Theres no excuse for 160 tho. Thats a lil too high for slight adjustments imho

Nike only does fan service to da penny line when it wants to drop packs...

there's no excuse why da phx IV's aint drop yet... been damn near 20 years..

I get and agree with the point about the kids seeing the shoe perhaps for the first time. But, in my opinion,
kids these days are like When we were kids. The majority of them want Hardens, Currys, or Durants. Look at Durant's colorways. Many of them are geared towards kids.

There will certainly be some kids who see something like a Penny IV and love it and want it. But let's be honest, these would hit outlets either way. So why not either:

1. Do them right so the people that actually appreciate the shoe get excited about it and cop at retail

Or

2. Do a couple non-OG colorway and take risks with the materials and do a couple true to the OG. At best, this covers those who care and those that don't. At worst, it's an A/B test for future models

That all being said, sometimes we forget that we are the minority in this sneaker thing. So maybe I'm a moron.

Last edited:
I get and agree with the point about the kids seeing the shoe perhaps for the first time. But, in my opinion,
kids these days are like When we were kids. The majority of them want Hardens, Currys, or Durants. Look at Durant's colorways. Many of them are geared towards kids.

There will certainly be some kids who see something like a Penny IV and love it and want it. But let's be honest, these would hit outlets either way. So why not either:

1. Do them right so the people that actually appreciate the shoe get excited about it and cop at retail

Or

2. Do a couple non-OG colorway and take risks with the materials and do a couple true to the OG. At best, this covers those who care and those that don't. At worst, it's an A/B test for future models

That all being said, sometimes we forget that we are the minority in this sneaker thing. So maybe I'm a moron.

I was reminded about your last statement that we are the minority when I visited my very busy Nike outlet this past weekend.
All I saw was the majority of folks buying the lower price sale items for 29-59. I think that's the bread and butter of the outlet 's and what most of the public purchases.
They just want a NIke, most don't care what model it is as long as it fits, it's comfortable, looks good and priced fairly.

Or

I actually fully agree with you, that being said, how about a Penny I home OG and Penny IV Suns PE, his first and last real signature shoe that he wore!

I know its manly us older heads that are looking forward to these. But the reality is that they will definitely go on sale. So you only have to wait 3 months after the release to get them for the low. Usually you do see some smart sellers on ebay that see that these aint moving at box price and will put them on sale before the big chain stores do....

The kids just aint feeling the Penny line :frown:
I just pray that they do the Footaction Black/Blue color way. We need those more than the Phoenix Suns colorway *shrugs*

Last edited:
I actually fully agree with you, that being said, how about a Penny I home OG and Penny IV Suns PE, his first and last real signature shoe that he wore!

Would be a sick pack!

I know its manly us older heads that are looking forward to these. But the reality is that they will definitely go on sale. So you only have to wait 3 months after the release to get them for the low. Usually you do see some smart sellers on ebay that see that these aint moving at box price and will put them on sale before the big chain stores do....

The kids just aint feeling the Penny line :frown:
I just pray that they do the Footaction Black/Blue color way. We need those more than the Phoenix Suns colorway *shrugs*

Black/University blue? If so, I had those. Didn't realize it was Footaction exclusive. Thought I remembered buying at Champs.

Back
Top Bottom