OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

BDD90663-A07A-4D2A-8334-E7C019B9E055.jpeg
Also wish they’d bring these back. I found them at my local outlet years ago for $39.99. Bought five pairs and burned through all of them within three years. Not a very durable shoe but they looked great when new.

Man, besides the OGs, damn I wish they’d bring back the 2004 Zoom (Tennis) Trainer. @wallyhopp’s breakdown of them alongside the 2008 pair here is great. I had both and ran them into the ground. The ‘04s are one of my favorite shoes of all time. I miss those things.
https://niketalk.com/threads/air-zo...-hitting-retail-now.34771/page-7#post-2330387
I bought 2 pairs back in the day and actually played tennis in them. Wish I had bought more. Loved those things. XDR outsoles... a proper performance tennis shoe.

I just lost my Smoky see through outsole on my 2004 zoom trainer 1s. The bottom grip came undone from the midsole. It's more of a glue issue. I didn't realize it wasn't one complete piece. I guess it makes sense. The whole piece is just flopping around now. Anyone have any glue recommendations?

For reference
images

I'm down to two pairs. Lots of glue issues. Some toebox ripping. Favorite shoe of all time. Super comfortable.

And as far as gum bottoms

The only one that works and matters
2631514068caceb1842c4cc791836abbe0facab_r.JPG

You gotta go monotone.

The blocking is trash on the SB pair. Easiest pass of the year. The Blazer subtle blocking works. They couldn't do that with a trainer 1?

First impression on the polar pair is that it's a variant Paul brown look a like

air-trainer-1-sb-2003.jpg

Yet the blue upper leather looks super shiny and crappy. Compare that to how the tumbled leather looks above. Surprised they let them take NIKE off the strap. It's never been done. Yuck.

I'd put quality right near the air trainer 1 low lineup that was on sale almost instantly a few years back

Sad that these were pleather
Nike-Air-Trainer-1-Low-White.png

Nike hasn't gotten much right with trainers sadly.

At this point, I think fakes are doing it better (save for the Fat swoosh), the suede is easily on pair with the air Max 1 x chlorophyll
men-nike-trainers-87UW.jpg

Bring on the bright blueish chlorophyll fakes!

Last edited:
BDD90663-A07A-4D2A-8334-E7C019B9E055.jpeg
Also wish they’d bring these back. I found them at my local outlet years ago for $39.99. Bought five pairs and burned through all of them within three years. Not a very durable shoe but they looked great when new.

Word!

Loved these.
Ran through 2 pairs myself, still got my Yankees pair laying around somewhere and have these Adrian Peterson’s still DS (supposedly 240 pairs).

21798B55-D7A9-40A8-B296-C3F79844BAA5.jpeg

Unless there’s something different, those APs were widely available. They made some dope variations of that model. Griffey’s were my fav, followed by the Tebow pair.

Those white/blk/red lows were so cheap it was pitiful. They were even painful to wear and they didn’t have a strap so couldn’t claim pinky pain. They just sucked lol.

Ah, the Trainer 1's. I really liked those... damn shame they were a bit too narrow for me.
48004815638_1820e0a513_b.jpg

That zoom trainer 1 is an ALL TIME great shoe IMO. I ran thru 4-5 pairs, would LOVE a retro.

Unless there’s something different, those APs were widely available. They made some dope variations of that model. Griffey’s were my fav, followed by the Tebow pair.

While Nike produced a plethora of team and player inspired themes, the AP were a limited Eastbay only drop along with the LT, B-Roy, and MLB all stars.

40FABF3B-FBDC-4BDA-862B-D8A3B4FF5CBA.jpeg

D3CCDE4D-0CA7-443A-A333-8AFCBC1785F3.jpeg
83345394-4954-42D2-988D-340A5B673DEE.jpeg
0C8220E4-422C-416F-A524-3A541DE3DA82.jpeg

:frown: @ Brandon Roy

Enh, I'm 100% positive I saw most of those colors at a Champs in Vegas at the time. Specifically the A.D. pair b/c I was surprised to see them.

Air Trainer Max 91 Strap On or Off?
I like both options, needless to say I put the strap back on as this was how they were released
Thoughts?
Nike Air Trainer Max 91 (2).JPG

Nike Air Trainer Max 91 (3).JPG

Nike Air Trainer Max 91 (4).JPG

Back
Top Bottom