OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

FYI on a couple of things...
1. Bowerman Trainer 1's will be available at select Champs Sports locations on 9.21.12...including, Nike Yardline by Champs Sports (Willowbrook Mall...Wayne, NJ)
2. The OG Trainer 1's will launch on 10.20.12...don't expect them to pop up too many places...looks to be a fairly limited release...
JM
Are we talking about a few Champ's or tier-0's for the Chlorophyll's?

so they throw a qs on another crap retro, these will sellout now. what a letdown.:smh:

i just dont see the "Premium" leather anywhere on these, hence the label. :smh:

it would be such a nice touch, if they decided to throw these in a nice OG style box, that would DEFINALTY make me buy a pair or even 2. nike should really consider this for their more popular OG retro's.

Last edited:
^ what he said.

Via Clark Kent's IG w/a note that they were a sample. Not sure on the date.

Just throwing some random thoughts out here

2008 model was also called a PREMIUM in its title. Obviously, it wasn't.
The style codes on the 2008 are nearly identical to these 2012 retros.. So it sort of leads to me believing that they may be the same ol... Even that IG photo above has that black leather bright sheen that usually equates to cheap quality.

But then I see something like this
http://vntgsneaker.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/nike-air-trainer-1-mid-premium-317553-100/

White leather looks exactly like the trainer sc II QS's... down to even to pre creased forefoot area and ankle creases.. The white leather has that depth and similar look as the QS sc IIs.. So my interest level is back in this thing, just a touch.

You may also notice what appears to be a 100% nylon/cloth tongue (same as 02/08 era)
Lots of jagged leather threads... Back in 2000, these would be a cosmetic B grade... So once again, with a limited shoe that may run small, and a shoe that may not appear to be in 100% DS condition when purchased, that leaves most of us gambling with our own hard owned money,,,

Another lingering factor on the BB51 at1 premium nrgs... The suede looks like some of the best we've seen over the past decade.. If they can push out some brushable nappy suede on $110 AT1s, why not for these same priced shoes in the same model? So we can hold some optimism, for now.

I'm also noticing a few overseas websites stating a 9/22 release. So we may be getting a few insights from posters here

Last edited:
^ Yeah, I noticed that 9/22 release date being used for overseas sites too. I honestly may pay the markup just to avoid the hassle, if that option presents itself.

And has anyone here copped those BB51 joints? I'm kinda feeling the tan ones, but prices seem to be dropping a tad, so I think waiting it out is best. I can see those hitting outlets.

I have the black.

I like the material used on the ankle collar. I do not like the shiny leather used on the toebox.

Wally - I can't confirm that Clark's pair is a sample from this yr's production or previous yr's but I think it's an older version.

Last edited:
I always seem to miss out on these when they come around. Hopefully this time I can snatch up a pair to rock.

If you don't like the quality, don't buy them.

Crying here to us isn't going to do anything, we are NOT Nike and we cannot just scrap these and put PREMIUM materials as you would like.

No gun to your head, keep your money in your pocket if you aren't satisfied with them.

Last edited:
Crying here to us isn't going to do anything, we are NOT Nike and we cannot just scrap these and put PREMIUM materials as you would like.
No gun to your head, keep your money in your pocket if you aren't satisfied with them.

Listen smartguy, the threads are created to give info and share eachothers opinion , You know there are still ppl out there that wants more then brick-paper around their feet.
Enjoy your purchase.

I don't understand why some people think every thread has to be an unmitigated love fest for the shoe it is discussing.

People aren't allowed to be disappointed at a release, or complain about the quality?

Differences of opinion are what make discussions interesting.

I enjoy reading Wally and other breakdown the differences between models and suggestions as to why version may be crap.

The amount of knowledge that Wally has dropped in this thread is mind-blowing. I just got put on to the Trainer 1 this July thanks to the Safari pack, but I'll be copping this colorway, too.

well smarty when a shoe has premium in the name, of coarse we are gonna bit#h about the quality if it isnt premium :x

Wow. I won't say much to this one..

I have maybe 5 cross trainers post 2006 by Nike. In an era that many are calling a resurrection of the cross training genre, I'm keeping my money in my pocket...

Going back to the 2008 chlorophyll release, I posted up comparisons, gave some insights, and was on my way... I can see why the training fanbase is dwindling in numbers here on NT... We have people like yourself who may be used to the other popular threads here at NT... The cross trainer way for years has been 100% open objectivity.... I hope it can stay that way

for me, these cross trainer threads are the last bastion of the way niketalk should be
mostly everybody on the same wavelength in here

DID anyone pick up the bb trainer 1?

Bip posted earlier that he picked up the black pair, I'm holding off on them since I really only want to get the chlorophylls, but if I were to come across them on sale, I might pick up the vachetta pair.

Not me.

I don't really have any interest in them. I don't really like the black pair. Brown pair is decent, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom