Official Argentina/USA International Friendly Post: ESPN Classic

No thread yet
nerd.gif

This should be a great game with both teams getting ready for WC qualifying and almost at full strength. BTW, Landon is back.

giants stadium looks pretty full considering it's a "friendly" match

a team like argentina is a draw no matter where they go

i should be there, but it was too hot today to be motivated

argentina 3-1 if the us is lucky

wow.. why the HELL are both teams wearing light colored jerseyes.. hard to distinguish from afar.

Shoulda worn the navy kit.. boneheads.

Originally Posted by Odeezy23

i dont have classic....wats goin on so far ?!?!?!!?

it's on galavision if you can understand spanish-language commentary

the us is playing better than i expected them to. they're doing well with the counterattacks and despite allowing argentina to reach their goal,they're holding them off. 0-0 near the end of the first

Riquelme has domestic duties with Boca, although he is injured at the moment and River won the clausura today.
pimp.gif
MILIONARIOS!!!

El Jardinero
smh.gif

that was real strange. mystery red card.

argentina should be up by a few, but howard has played a mean game as the goalie

thanks for blowing my bet argentina... i knew those odds were fishy... seriously though, how many ridiculously easy chances did they blow?

Originally Posted by xblaze23

wait, you lost money on this? Blame Julio Cruz lol

laugh.gif
seriously, who'da thunk argentina wouldn't have beaten US here... i mean, really...
roll.gif
shoulda been easy money, but there's no such thing i guess, good thing ihedged on the draw.

^it ended in a scoreless tie

the US played one of the better games i've seen them play lately...sure Argentina should have scored 1 or 2 but as Tommy Smyth says you create your ownluck in this game...Onyewu hit the post just after half, Dempsey almost had one in the first half...it could have gone either way really, Argentina was notnearly as dominant as they were against Mexico the other day...Donovan looked good for just coming off injury, Howard was outstanding though...i just wishedthey would play with confidence like this all the time...Heath Pearce i think has claimed his spot at left back, hes been playing really well...Mastroeni'ssend off was
eyes.gif
..referee must've mistaked him for Edu on that foul andgave him a 2nd yellow, anyway it was the wrong decision

this has been a great week of soccer matches though...Netherlands v Italy tomorrow
pimp.gif

Nice to see the US put together a good performance.

While I am actually not an Eddie Johnson hater (he is ok, and would be a relatively effective sub with his pace) it is clear the US is missing a striker whocan actually threaten to score. McBribe is sorely missed, and I am not seeing any of the young strikers develop to what the US needs. Altidore could be itdepending on how he progresses over in Spain now, but it's really obvious the US is just NOT a threat to score. Adu and Donovan are looking good asattacking midfielders tho so thats encouraging.

Im with you on this one Craftsy... This game messed up my bet and cost me some money. I thought Argentina would def. win especially given the way they startedthe game on Offense.

The mystery red card was ridiculous though.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Nice to see the US put together a good performance.

While I am actually not an Eddie Johnson hater (he is ok, and would be a relatively effective sub with his pace) it is clear the US is missing a striker who can actually threaten to score. McBribe is sorely missed, and I am not seeing any of the young strikers develop to what the US needs. Altidore could be it depending on how he progresses over in Spain now, but it's really obvious the US is just NOT a threat to score. Adu and Donovan are looking good as attacking midfielders tho so thats encouraging.
I think Altidore and Adu both need to be starting. They have some good chemistry but, ya know, Bradley..

Back
Top Bottom