OFFICIAL Asian Film Thread

I know there's a lot of Asian film fans, so here's a place for recommendations as well as news on future films!

My personal favorites that are available on Netflix:

The Man From No Where

I Saw the Devil

Blood Brothers

The Assassins

War of the Arrows

A great friendship/gang film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQFfZiH7Znk

A lot of Asian horror movies freak me out because it's just not all gore, a good portion of it ties into the culture's belief :wow:

Thanks for the recommendations OP. Will be adding them to my queue.

Most of the feudal films are >>>>>> So much history and authentication.

Anyone seen the film that The Hunger Games ripped OFF completely? :smh

Last edited:
I got REALLY into Asian cinema (specifically Korean) a couple years ago. If anyone here has seen the staples, here are a couple lesser known ones:

Save The Green Planet - this movie is weird as hell but I love it

Crying Fist - stars Min Sik Choi, the main character in Oldboy, not that popular of a film but a good watch especially if you're a boxing fan

Three... Extremes - 3 short horror films, one of them directed by Chan Wook Park

:smokin

Thanks for the recommendations OP. Will be adding them to my queue.

Most of the feudal films are >>>>>> So much history and authentication.

Anyone seen the film that The Hunger Games ripped OFF completely? :smh

You talking about Battle Royale?

From what I can remember off the top of my head (all on Netflix)

A better tomorrow
Ip man 1&2
Shinjuku incident
The chaser
Penny pinchers
Jet li's fearless
Shaolin
Dragon
200 pounds of beauty
Legend of the fist
Finding Mr. Destiny

Yes some of the movies are chick flicks but funny IMO.

A Better Tomorrow, as in the Hong Kong version? Classic IMO.

Leslie Cheung was that dude.

:pimp:

Unless your talking about the Korean remake.

Last edited:
If you like guns, swords, and zombies watch Versus:

This one is on Netflix.  The Story of Riki-Oh.  Based on a manga.

This movie is dope.  Straight up action like Dredd but mostly fight scenes.  The Raid: Redemption:

Also recommend the Infernal Affairs trilogy.

I can't say I prefer this to the Departed, since the Departed was actually done pretty well.

Watch my way on Netflix. About Korean and Japanese soldiers stuck to fight together in war. Good but long movie

asian horror movies ain't no joke either. wonder if anyone can help me figure the name of one, movie was short stories in a film i think...well one scene this girl or guy was at the movies i can't remember but a ghost appears sorta has face like the grudge and then disappears, then reappears nearby in the seats. movie is way scarier than i described but it was too long ago and i can't remember the name of it but wanna watch it again.

I've been watching a lot of Asian movies on Netflix.

I want to marry the BingBings. Li Bing Bing and Fan Bing Bing. I like Like Gong as well.

Recent ones I watched and liked on Netflix were:
Hwang Jin Yi
The Stool Pigeon
Empire of Silver
Bodyguards and Assassins
A Better Tomorrow (Korean version I think)

Last edited:
Tale of two sisters is another really good korean horror movie. Pretty intense and one of those movies that gets MUCH better the more you look into it/rewatch

Good thread idea op.
My reccs:
Man from nowhere
Ip man 1/2
Oldboy
Kung fu hustle
Flash point(only watch the fight scenes)
Fearless
Unleashed

asian horror movies ain't no joke either. wonder if anyone can help me figure the name of one, movie was short stories in a film i think...well one scene this girl or guy was at the movies i can't remember but a ghost appears sorta has face like the grudge and then disappears, then reappears nearby in the seats. movie is way scarier than i described but it was too long ago and i can't remember the name of it but wanna watch it again.

Reminds me of that bed scene in Ju-On :x

Back
Top Bottom