*** Official Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Braves @ Dodgers 8/6-8/9 ***

Braves bullpen was garbage today no excuse should've swept the Phillies

Next series: 4/10-4/12 Washington Nationals @ Atlanta Braves (Home Opener)

2dvjv3b.jpg
vs
jg1pvo.jpg

Shairon Martis vs Derek Lowe

Tommy Hanson 4.1IP 3H 0R 2BB 10K 1WP 1HBP

And to think he actually had control problems today, yet still strikes out 10.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Tommy Hanson 4.1IP 3H 0R 2BB 10K 1WP 1HBP

And to think he actually had control problems today, yet still strikes out 10.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hanson is striking out a lot of batters he is going to be
pimp.gif
when hemakes debut.

Home Opener in Atlanta today
pimp.gif

Man, the northern suburbs have been getting destroyed by this weather, but nothing at the field yet. The storms are moving fast, so it should be a quick delay,if we get one. I feel bad for the people at the game, though, dangerous storms out there. Hail, wind and all that...
ohwell.gif

Man, Lowe is rolling with 6 Ks thru 3 and now it has starting raining. I hope it doesn't %!%% up his night...
ohwell.gif

-This team is LOCKED in at the plate.

-How many XBH does McCann have so far in the first 4 games??? I see his new diet has paid dividends...

Man, there is some scary looking lightning and bad hail coming down where I am, approx. 8 miles from Turner Field.

I'd be genuinely scared if I was outside at the game right now. I'd also be pissed that my car is getting beat the $$*+ up by this hail.
ohwell.gif

Brian McCann 3 Doubles
pimp.gif
(one was a gift)

damn bullpen in trouble.

Diaz misplayed the fly ball/liner

Dukes showed off his cannon to get kelly.

Schafer hit and Kelly clutch hit.

pimp.gif
Braves win take that JRAIN 0-4 Nationals
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

4-11 Saturday 7pm Nationals @ Braves

x2nzao.jpg
vs
29zu73a.jpg

John Lannan vs Kenshin Kawakami (Major League Debut)

Sweep is nice. Bullpen still stays +$#$$+! up...

They said during the game that Glavine left his AA rehab start with "shoulder discomfort."

Tommy Hanson...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

They said during the game that Glavine left his AA rehab start with "shoulder discomfort."

Tommy Hanson...
nerd.gif

Yeah they were hinting Tommy Hanson coming up to take the 5th spot if Glavine's injury needs more time to heal.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Originally Posted by DLo13

Tommy Hanson...
nerd.gif

Yeah they were hinting Tommy Hanson coming up to take the 5th spot if Glavine's injury needs more time to heal.
Unless Glavine is out for at least a month, I can't see Hanson coming to take up his spot. The Braves organization will probably only bringHanson up when it's realize that he is here to stay.

Jo-Jo, Morton and Campillo seems like the likely options to start in Glavine absence.

Glavine is headed to see Dr. Andrews on Wednesday. You know how that is, 90% of the time that dudes head to B-Ham, they don't come back (with good news).

JoJo is scheduled to come up Saturday and start in his place. I imagine that if they find out that Glavine won't be back, then we could swap Hanson inthere. If not, it'll look like the Braves are just being cheap and trying to hold off on starting Hanson's clock.

i don't mind them not bringing up Hanson right now because then the league will know what type of stuff he has and he will throw more innings while at AAAhe is throwing the minimum of innings without him getting tired.

i think the Braves will do the same thing that the Rays did with David Price using him in the playoffs, maybe they will bring him up in September when therosters expand.

i don't like JoJo Reyes either, but he needs to be better because he hasn't proven he can do much in the majors.

4/14 Marlins (5-1) @ Braves (5-1)

dlj0pe.jpg
vs
264p5dv.jpg

Chris Volstad vs Javier Vasquez

Braves DFA Blaine Boyer By Ben Nicholson-Smith [April 18, 2009 at 9:17am CST] According to Dave O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution the Braves havedesignated Blaine Boyer for assignment. You can find O'Brien's update in the comments section of the article. The righty had allowed six earned runs inan inning and a third of work so far in three relief appearances for the Braves.

Back
Top Bottom