Official Authentic OTHER Sports Jersey Post Vol. Not NBA

New pickup: Very rare 1937 Brooklyn Dodgers Cookie Lavagetto Mitchell & Ness jersey, size Large. Glad to say this fits me now, I've never seen an XL for this jersey, and in fact, have only seen this style maybe 5 times in my years collecting (3 times in the past month, and I'm not even really looking for Mitchell & Ness jerseys anymore).

BrooklynDodgersMN5.jpeg
BrooklynDodgersMN6.jpeg

EPS still doesn't do NFL, but they said they would do this one since they weren't customizing and only adding a patch.
Damn didn't even realize that it was 8 and not 6 on the Snow jersey until you pointed it out. Guess I'll be sending it back to EPS for an update.

Huge pickup day for me: Mitchell & Ness flannels, all super old school!

1905 New York Giants World Series, no size tag but fits like a size 48-50 (no name on the back, so let's call it a Christy Matthewson).

1911 New York Giants World Series, size Large, but fits bigger than that (no name on the back, so let's also call it a Christy Matthewson lol).

1957 Roy Sievers Washington Senators, no size tag but fits like a size 48. This might be my favorite lettering style of any flannel jersey.

I wish I could get my hands on production numbers for these early run Mitchell & Ness flannels, having these is like holding jersey history!

NYGiants1.jpeg
NYGiants2.jpeg
NYGiants3.jpeg
NYGiants4.jpeg
WashingtonSenators1.jpeg
WashingtonSenators2.jpeg

The early M&N and Ebbets jerseys are dope and hilarious. They look like wool dress shirts. No number, some of a logo and some don't. I've never seen anyone wear one and I hope one day I do. They're so unique.

The early M&N and Ebbets jerseys are dope and hilarious. They look like wool dress shirts. No number, some of a logo and some don't. I've never seen anyone wear one and I hope one day I do. They're so unique.

I might whip out one in the winter time. Fits me kinda big though, but it's not like I can go and buy another size.

Huge pickup day for me: Mitchell & Ness flannels, all super old school!

1905 New York Giants World Series, no size tag but fits like a size 48-50 (no name on the back, so let's call it a Christy Matthewson).

1911 New York Giants World Series, size Large, but fits bigger than that (no name on the back, so let's also call it a Christy Matthewson lol).

1957 Roy Sievers Washington Senators, no size tag but fits like a size 48. This might be my favorite lettering style of any flannel jersey.

I wish I could get my hands on production numbers for these early run Mitchell & Ness flannels, having these is like holding jersey history!

NYGiants1.jpeg
NYGiants2.jpeg
NYGiants3.jpeg
NYGiants4.jpeg
WashingtonSenators1.jpeg
WashingtonSenators2.jpeg

All of these are incredible. Finding early M&N jerseys are tough.

That 1911 Giants is so dope/unique. I'd rock that in a second if I wasn't a Sox lifer.

I might whip out one in the winter time. Fits me kinda big though, but it's not like I can go and buy another size.

Have your tailor adjust/alter it. You HAVE to. As you said you're not gonna find another.

Newest pickup: My first Ebbets Field flannel in years!

A 1938 jersey worn by Babe Ruth to promote the 1939-40 New York World's Fair. Size XL.

My review: It's hard to impress me with a jersey, but they really knocked it out of the park here! I ordered it on July 2nd, and got it today (August 10th). Estimated delivery was 4-6 weeks so they were good there. I ordered a closeout jersey from their site many years ago, size Large, and I didn't like the fit, so I made sure to order an XL this time, and it's a bit baggy on me, so maybe when I initially ordered from them they gave me a mistagged one, but mine definitely fits like an XL. The jersey matches the one Ruth wore very closely (I will post pictures of the original jersey, other than the font on the #3 being a little different, it's pretty good). Quality is A++++++. All wool but it's not that hot and not itchy, I could wear this on a cool day and be okay. I'd recommend anyone interested in their jerseys to try one.
It was also packed very nicely (decent sized box that opens easily, and packing paper). Presentation was very good for a jersey at this price point, better than most jerseys I get that cost more.

NewYorkEbbets1.jpeg
NewYorkEbbets2.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 6.27.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 6.26.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 6.27.29 PM.png

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Where did you get the golden gate anniversary patch?
Picked it up back in 2012 from a golden gate bridge anniversary website. The site had a bunch of GGB memorabilia for the anniversary. The Giants wore this exact jersey with the patch for just one game in 2012. When I saw them wear it I had to have it.

eyanks eyanks That Ruth jersey is amazing!! I've always wanted an Ebbets flannel but wasn't sure on how it would fit. I typically wear a 48 in M&N baseball jerseys. Would you recommend an XL? I'm looking at picking up this one.
SF Sea Lions
SSL46H_compact.jpg

Thanks. This is a tough one for me to answer. My XL seems to fit more like a size 50, and the one size large I had fit small. IMO to be safe, I'd go with the XL.

Do you own any M&N baseball jerseys? If so, how would you compare the fit? Does the Ebbets flannel fit wide, too long or both? I've always wanted an Ebbets flannel but with no way to try on I was just worried that I wouldn't like the fit.

Length is about the same. If anything it would fit wider, even all my M&N baseball fit differently depending on the production years.

Picked it up back in 2012 from a golden gate bridge anniversary website. The site had a bunch of GGB memorabilia for the anniversary. The Giants wore this exact jersey with the patch for just one game in 2012. When I saw them wear it I had to have it.

yeah i remember that series. was hoping they wore it for the whole weekend series since the city was doing a bunch of festivities that week. i just hate the orange friday jerseys so ive been looking for that patch to put it on my home cool base.

The orange friday jerseys aren't my favorite either, but that's the one they wore with the patch and I like to stay fairly accurate with my jerseys. I did a quick search for the patch and found this. Not exactly the same but it's pretty close.
O-PG37-2T.jpg

Here is the original
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1439.jpg

The orange friday jerseys aren't my favorite either, but that's the one they wore with the patch and I like to stay fairly accurate with my jerseys. I did a quick search for the patch and found this. Not exactly the same but it's pretty close.
O-PG37-2T.jpg

Here is the original
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1439.jpg

when did you originally send your EPS order in? Pre-pandemic? waiting on them to tell me mine is done...

Back
Top Bottom