Official Authentic OTHER Sports Jersey Post Vol. Not NBA

Ive been trying to get down what a legit authentic majestic jock tag looks like from lets say 2005 and also the recent ones. When did majestic switch up to the jock tags seen today on MLB authentics?

Originally Posted by JP310

I'm in the market for some more authentic SF Giants jerseys...where can i find some good deals other than ebay???
nerd.gif

ebay is the best place, they have them regularly, and very often for good prices.  

Originally Posted by JOSH4523

Ive been trying to get down what a legit authentic majestic jock tag looks like from lets say 2005 and also the recent ones. When did majestic switch up to the jock tags seen today on MLB authentics?

majestic has always had the same jock tag, but the cool-base jerseys have a different tag than the double knit version.  cool-base fakes are so easy to spot a 5 year old can tell.  
cool-base authentics have to have a screened on jock tag, if its screened on its legit, if its sewn on its fake.. as of now this is true 100% of the time

for double knit jock tags, it is harder to tell.. the main thing is where it's sewn on the jersey (if its too high and centered its questionable), and also the number tag at the bottom has a different font on the fakes and the colors of the tag may not be as vibrant on the fake.

I see, thank you for the insight. So does it mean that not all the MLB teams use cool base jerseys and some still use the double knit style? I also see this russell brand, i assume it was the previous MLB jersey maker prior to Majestic, if so what year did Majestic take over?
And to not be just a pest asking questions, here is my Authentic ******** jerseys i have so far. Half retail, half Mitchell and Ness.

-Retail Reeboks-

Now this Sean Taylor jersey, i kind of took a risk on buying from a local, the pictures he sent me all looked correct and the price was too sweet not to take the risk. When i received the jersey, it all looked right, but i havent been able to determine that it is 100% legit. I posted both the sean taylor and the clinton portis jersey above in a jersey thread at the official ******** forum and was told that the portis was 100% legit. With the taylor, there was half saying they believe its legit and the other half just no sure at all, citing it looks close enough. If the portis is indeed legit, than the Taylor has slight differences to the portis which basically is keeping me from feeling 100% content about its authenticity. I was wondering if there are any authentic reebok retail experts to help me determine if its a legit jersey or not. I have more detailed pictures if that would help.

-Mitchell and Ness-

^^^On first glance, I thought the twill material on the Portis and Taylor looks a little odd, but post some pics of the jocktags up close.

2001 Charles Woodson Raiders jersey:

2007 Nnamdi Asomugha Raiders jersey (fellow Cal alumnus).  This one was a steal on craigslist:

The quality is slightly better on the 2001.  It's a bit heavier.

@Josh

Every team other than the Yankees have used cool base jerseys at some point. Some teams only use cool base and some give the players the choice of which one to wear. So its possible that the MLB shop could sell a double knit jersey when the team doesn't wear that style anymore, kinda messed up to charge that kind of $$ they do and its not even accurate to what the team wears anymore.

Russell Athletic was the company before Majestic. Majestic started making MLB authentics around 2000, but not for every team. They took over all the teams in 2005 I think.

A few of mine...would like to add a Red alternate Victor Cruz Giants to the family.....still deciding.... these are my football...will post some baseball tomorrow

Originally Posted by Trav T

^^^On first glance, I thought the twill material on the Portis and Taylor looks a little odd, but post some pics of the jocktags up close.
Sean taylor jock tag on top. Clinton on bottom. If it matters, the sean taylor seems like its been washed and has a good amount of wear on it.

and thank you eyanks for the knowledge, good to know majestic took took over in 2005, same year nationals started up so i just i have to get the majestic tags down pat so i wont have problems in ebay. 

jlm83jays, I am jealous you have that Rice jersey. I need that exact one or Steve Young.

@ Trav T yeah definately a grail....the Rice jersey.... I've been on hunt for Deion Sanders from 94 w/ 75th patch....

@ CaptainKicks.... thanks .... its all I have currently for NFL jerseys I don't collect em much ....mostly NBA jerseys....

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

^There suppose to be a space between NFL and players on the jocktag.
im confused, both jerseys meet that requirement of having space between NFL and players. I see the same space on other retail reeboks in here.

I'M NEW TO ROCKING JERSEYS, OTHER THAN NBA. HOW DOES MAJESTIC MLB JERSEY & REEBOK HOCKEY JERSEYS FIT?
I DON'T WANT IT TO FIT CRAZY BIG, SOME WHAT FITTED...THANX

Originally Posted by StillIn729

that Deion is like grail status to me
It's tight, but it's inaccurate.  That's a 2001 Falcons jersey.  The person should have customized it with Vick as that was his rookie year.

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

I'M NEW TO ROCKING JERSEYS, OTHER THAN NBA. HOW DOES MAJESTIC MLB JERSEY & REEBOK HOCKEY JERSEYS FIT?
I DON'T WANT IT TO FIT CRAZY BIG, SOME WHAT FITTED...THANX
MLB jerseys are pretty fitted.  NHL authentics are baggy depending on the year and maker.  How tall are you and how much do you weigh?  Also, what size do you wear in NBA authentics?

Back
Top Bottom