Official Billions Thread: Season 7 (Final Season), Episode 9 (10/6/23) - Game Theory Optimal

laugh.gif
The Underwoods don't cheat on each other.

They have an open relationship and a strong bond (before the recent season). They tell each other everything. S1 was nothing but them being aware who they were smashing and that ended up leading to them smashing their security detail together.

Obviously Claire had things to gain from the relationship but lets not pretend Frank wasn't benefitting from being with Claire as well. To say she was never down is crazy.

Way to early to call it with Axe and his wife. From the previews of tomorrow's ep it looks like he'll be doing some dirt himself but that could be red herring.
You know what, you have a point 
laugh.gif

It damn near seemed like amazing communication and knowing each other to a T 

before last season....Frank been sleeping with men, which is coo, but for his wife to accept that is just weird to me. 

That's what makes me think her intentions always outweighed her "Love" for frank 

Nevertheless I see where you were coming from though, but I still can't see Axe and his wife ever 

going through anything close to that type of mess.

So Axe is a bit crazy and routinely disappears. He was actually out for a bit but obviously saw or knew something big was going down so he was falling back.

If only he saw Rhoades being jumpy and raiding his offices to get that guy early.

I just can't wait until Axe's guy gets dirt on Rhoades for his BDSM fixation. Son is out in ******* Iowa or w/e farm state finding kinky sex clubs :lol: :smh: He got a sickness.

:lol: The Underwoods don't cheat on each other.

They have an open relationship and a strong bond (before the recent season). They tell each other everything. S1 was nothing but them being aware who they were smashing and that ended up leading to them smashing their security detail together.

Obviously Claire had things to gain from the relationship but lets not pretend Frank wasn't benefitting from being with Claire as well. To say she was never down is crazy.

Way to early to call it with Axe and his wife. From the previews of tomorrow's ep it looks like he'll be doing some dirt himself but that could be red herring.
You know what, you have a point :lol:  
It damn near seemed like amazing communication and knowing each other to a T 
before last season....Frank been sleeping with men, which is coo, but for his wife to accept that is just weird to me. 
That's what makes me think her intentions always outweighed her "Love" for frank 
Nevertheless I see where you were coming from though, but I still can't see Axe and his wife ever 
going through anything close to that type of mess.
I can see what you're talking about and because of the last season I can no longer call it with their relationship. So I can see maybe Claire was always about herself and just accepted/didn't care about certain things with Frank or was just enjoying the freak life on the way to the White House. Really though I feel like the writers wanted another conflict after perhaps giving Frank the presidency too quickly and gave us this which didn't feel all that smooth.

As for Axe and his wife. Yeah, after these eps which revealed more about them they seem just as loyal as Frank and Claire appeared to be in the beginning but nowhere as freaky and morally bankrupt :lol: However, his wife does seem more about the family and doesn't have as big goals. She got her restaurant and even she knows that's nowhere as big as Axe's investment firm/hedge fund which is the obviously cash cow.

they tryin too hard to make her relevant

like she supposed to be another claire to brody's frank

Nah Claire was never down. She there for her own benefit. 
They knowingly cheat on each other and do each other 
dirt ball.  This does not seem like the case for Axe and his wife.
:lol: The Underwoods don't cheat on each other.

The security detail from House of Cards (Meachem) is one of the guys on Billions (Ol Boy who got hammered and let off a couple rounds in his yard) :lol:

I like that he didn't hold that plane a second time for his buddy. I feel he would have done it whether or not the dude stole his idea on the truck stock.

Rhodes pops is too thirsty. He just lost half a mill trying to stick it to Axe while also putting his son in a precarious position. Meanwhile Axe always wins.

I respect how he handled the singer. You know he wanted to smash, but he thought of those consequences and weighed it out. P is never worth the consequences.

The mole in the office was wild reckless. Who in the hell closes the stall door and doesn't lock it?

I think she locked it but the girl from Stanford knocked it down with her fist. Seems unrealistic but that's how I interpreted it.

This ep answered a few of my questions about Axe.

They kinda went right back in to this impending war with Axe and Rhoades though. Would've liked to see some more with Rhoades wife.

This story was good though. Scumbag friend, spending that wealth to go see some rock group, still being bothered by work, feeling the walls closing in on you, etc.

I do wonder if Axe has felt like it's been enough or he's just making the smart play. I mean he could still beat Rhoades. They currently still have nothing.

Axe ain't going anywhere. There's no way in episode 4 of season 1, is the main character just about to throw in the towel on what he and his arch rival are at war over. I definitely see him making a smooth powerplay.

Besides, it's not in Axe's nature. Axe's character wants to win every single time. He needs to consistently keep winning, and quitting is not a part of his nature.

One thing that gets to me about this show, is how many times Axe is discussing inside information/things that shouldn't be discussed on the phone, on his main phone line. They don't even attempt to show him using a trap phone :smh:

I could see immediately he was going to leave his boy when he made that statement about leaving something when he sees it's going down. Just walking away. I knew right then and there he would help his friend, and figured he'd probably never speak to him again...

You called this to a tee :wow:

The more I see Rhodes try to protect his pops the more upset I get with how he sentenced dude with the kids to jail or how he harassed dude with the dog poop. I get why he does what he does with his family as most of us would do the same, but his lack of compassion and rigidity in minor things is annoying but not uncommon.

I really need to catch up on the series, I'm already 2 episodes behind and how you guys are talking it's only getting better.

Just caught the latest ep. Good setup episode.

No surprise there about the powerplay.

No surprise about Rhoades' play either, since they need to get the battle started and I'll assume we're around 50% done with the season, so some action needs to really pop off.

One thing I love about this show (it's something that reminds me about Marlo from the Wire), the smallest little facial expressions say everything about the scene, characters etc. I definitely like the subtly of the show.

:lol: If I was ol boy, I would have married potus and shot the club up. She got a trust fund, smart, educated and fine. With that inheritance, I ain't asking no realtor to hold a property :lol:

This past ep was greatness :smokin

This was a tug of war of wills. Giving and taking all leading up to that sit down then Rhoades purposely botches it with the **** talking and can't handle Axe's response so he goes overboard.

Like he really thought Axe was gonna take banishment as the deal? I mean he already took admitting guilt :smh: I knew Rhoades wanted it to blow up but he'll realize it was a costly mistake.

I have no doubt Axe's creepy underworld spy took pics of Axe naked in the pool with Rhoades' naked wife :lol: That's his nuclear option. Once they start following Rhoades it's only a matter of time before they catch him on his kink BDSM **** :lol:

The whole build up and talking of Axe's rep was great this ep. Especially how it contrasted to a dude we saw having trouble concentrating/meditating like he usually does in such a high pressure situation. Rhoades was being told by everybody he's no match for Axe. That whole idea that he comes from nothing and expects to go back there and is willing to risk that as long as he takes his opponent down is sickness :pimp: The idea that if he's playing a game he can't win he'll just play a different game to screw you over in the long run. That's Sun Tzu ****.

:rofl: @ Dollar Bill's loyalty to Axe. Knew his biggest risk and secret and once they tried to leverage him with it immediately texts his wife and blows it up :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
There is always room for a dude like Dollar Bill on any squad. I appreciate loyal dudes like that. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] at the scene where Ben Kim was told to step it up after ordering Ethiopian food and saying "you eat it with your hands"

:rofl: @ Dollar Bill's loyalty to Axe. Knew his biggest risk and secret and once they tried to leveraged him with it immediately texts his wife and blows it up :lol: :smokin

:rofl: Great episode. Man Dolla Bill was a straight savage doing that to his family but I knew no way this dude was going to snitch so he knew what came with it.

If he was going to go down he was going to go down himself not take Axe with it.His life would of been over anyways if he plea dealed. That would of been a coward move :lol:

This past ep was greatness
smokin.gif

This was a tug of war of wills. Giving and taking all leading up to that sit down then Rhoades purposely botches it with the **** talking and can't handle Axe's response so he goes overboard.

Like he really thought Axe was gonna take banishment as the deal? I mean he already took admitting guilt
mean.gif
I knew Rhoades wanted it to blow up but he'll realize it was a costly mistake.

I have no doubt Axe's creepy underworld spy took pics of Axe naked in the pool with Rhoades' naked wife
laugh.gif
That's his nuclear option. Once they start following Rhoades it's only a matter of time before they catch him on his kink BDSM ****
laugh.gif

The whole build up and talking of Axe's rep was great this ep. Especially how it contrasted to a dude we saw having trouble concentrating/meditating like he usually does in such a high pressure situation. Rhoades was being told by everybody he's no match for Axe. That whole idea that he comes from nothing and expects to go back there and is willing to risk that as long as he takes his opponent down is sickness
pimp.gif
The idea that if he's playing a game he can't win he'll just play a different game to screw you over in the long run. That's Sun Tzu ****.

roll.gif
@ Dollar Bill's loyalty to Axe. Knew his biggest risk and secret and once they tried to leveraged him with it immediately texts his wife and blows it up
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
I  know you're Team Axe Zik, as is mostly everyone in here. Mark my words though, Rhoades will come out on top of this. By handing the case over to Bryan, Chuck has put himself in the best situation. His connection to prosecuting the case was a conflict of interest (due to his wife) and was the only real leverage Axe had. Now Bryan gets to build a stellar case and Rhoades will be lurking in the shadows. This has easily become my favorite show on tv.

Yeah but Axe will still release all that fake rumor and dirt on Rhoades cuz even though he has recused himself I'm sure Axe will find out he's still behind everything at some point going forward.

The one thing that sticks out to me though is they've painted Rhoades with very little advantages. Shed some light on some his weaknesses and hang ups. He's basically a hard worker but he can be stuck on stupid on certain things when trying to win. While Axe is shown to be a genius on a GOD level. So it's easy for me to like the guy that is more tactical boss and sociopathic when it comes to what's his.

This is like if we had got a full season of Walt/Heisenberg vs. Hank. That's the vibe Rhoades gives me, Hank trying to nail Heisenberg and failing and then when he finds out it's Walt has a few tricks to get close but loses and when he finally does get him he ends up dead for it :lol:

This past ep was greatness :smokin

Like he really thought Axe was gonna take banishment as the deal? I mean he already took admitting guilt :smh: I knew Rhoades wanted it to blow up but he'll realize it was a costly mistake.

I have no doubt Axe's creepy underworld spy took pics of Axe naked in the pool with Rhoades' naked wife :lol: That's his nuclear option. Once they start following Rhoades it's only a matter of time before they catch him on his kink BDSM **** :lol:

The whole build up and talking of Axe's rep was great this ep. Especially how it contrasted to a dude we saw having trouble concentrating/meditating like he usually does in such a high pressure situation. Rhoades was being told by everybody he's no match for Axe. That whole idea that he comes from nothing and expects to go back there and is willing to risk that as long as he takes his opponent down is sickness :pimp: The idea that if he's playing a game he can't win he'll just play a different game to screw you over in the long run. That's Sun Tzu ****.

:rofl: @ Dollar Bill's loyalty to Axe. Knew his biggest risk and secret and once they tried to leverage him with it immediately texts his wife and blows it up :lol: :smokin

Yeah but Axe will still release all that fake rumor and dirt on Rhoades cuz even though he has recused himself I'm sure Axe will find out he's still behind everything at some point going forward.

The one thing that sticks out to me though is they've painted Rhoades with very little advantages. Shed some light on some his weaknesses and hang ups. He's basically a hard worker but he can be stuck on stupid on certain things when trying to win. While Axe is shown to be a genius on a GOD level. So it's easy for me to like the guy that is more tactical boss and sociopathic when it comes to what's his.

This is like if we had got a full season of Walt/Heisenberg vs. Hank. That's the vibe Rhoades gives me, Hank trying to nail Heisenberg and failing and then when he finds out it's Walt has a few tricks to get close but loses and when he finally does get him he ends up dead for it :lol:

All your posts were spot on fam. This show is really on point. Can't wait to see which direction they go in next week. Rhoads' wife is going to be STEAMED when she finds out that he's still in on it

Yeah :lol: She's gonna be pissed first when she finds out it was Rhoades that purposely started all the mocking and taunting.

I've been to some dope hedge fund offices (e.g. Monet paintings, Eames chairs, etc.), but Axe's entire office setup is
smokin.gif

I finally got a chance to watch this morning OMFG

When I first seen them getting in the pool bucket naked, I figured it was to thwart any wires she might be wearing. After the episode, I felt like some picture would be taken to push Rhodes back.

There was so much **** talking. Dollar Bill still the MVP of the episode for me. It's very few dudes like him out there. I respect that! The fact he sent the letter, pre-written, and told them he expected that card to be played just further illustrates how these guys play chess. Then Axe's atty told Bryan "you know you only work here" That was powerful. Dude gonna **** up somewhere between them two chicks and Rhodes trying to secretly control it.

Rhodes and Bryan just had to be ********. A lot of folks can start it, but only a select few can finish it. "the 1.9 billion, we can make that back in six months" LMAO. Rhodes really got unraveled. And tearing the check up and throwing it in his face....

View media item 929007

I  know you're Team Axe Zik, as is mostly everyone in here. Mark my words though, Rhoades will come out on top of this. By handing the case over to Bryan, Chuck has put himself in the best situation. His connection to prosecuting the case was a conflict of interest (due to his wife) and was the only real leverage Axe had. Now Bryan gets to build a stellar case and Rhoades will be lurking in the shadows. This has easily become my favorite show on tv.
Imo Rhoades will have to be the one to take Axe down if anyone can.  Axe will eat Bryan for lunch, no questions. 

I can't see Bryan being built for those type of mind games.  Only reason Rhoades hasn't flown off the deep in is 

because he just so happens to be married to a great therapist 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Oh wow :lol: Nice mention.

It's weird cuz he was a bit more chubbier on TWD and I never recognized him. Seeing him on this show, clean shaven I remember all of the other movies and tv shows I've seen him in.

I haven't seen any new episodes....I read somewhere that the show is on production break?

How can a show be on production break 4 episodes in?

Back
Top Bottom