Official Billions Thread: Season 7 (Final Season), Episode 9 (10/6/23) - Game Theory Optimal

Taylor's group of nerds are going to figure out the perfect quant and then Taylor will bring it to her ex boo as an olive branch

Saltbae cameo :lol: :pimp:

Lara finally showing her worth. Thought this was gonna be something else Wendy would take over and be better at.

Last edited:
I knew Axe would drive Taylor out. No loyalty though.

Wonder how Gregori deals with Taylor.

Nice plan by Chuck to get Jock.

Gregori strikes me as a guy big on loyalty. He's going to snitch on that rat Taylor

Gregori strikes me as a guy big on loyalty. He's going to snitch on that rat Taylor
Yeah, he said as much in one of the past two eps.

May even string Taylor along so Axe can screw her over and probably still keep her at AxeCap.

ending had me a little confused.

I thought she had plans with Gregor and then because axe gave her what she wanted, not money, but freedom to expand so to speak, thats when she went to the "Taylor mason capital" spot and wanted to meet with Gregor to tell her she's sticking with axe

Taylor had this all mapped out from the time they met with her Quant Geek.They knew Axe would strong arm them with their bonus but eventually settled around 20 million which is what they asked the Quant Geek could he invest and see that return.

I forgot the angle that as a Russian Gregori may keep referring to Taylor as a her/she and not be down and even a bigot to all of that genderless non-binary way of life.

This season overall no matter how it ends has been one of my favorite seasons of television EVER.
Absolutely amazing show and I am so ecstatic that season 4 already has a green light. :pimp::nthat:

Cant stand Taylor.

And who was the old dude that Chuck enlisted along with Kate to take down Jock? I really dont remember dude at all.

Kate fine as hell btw. Almost as fine as her real life mother.

Cant stand Taylor.

And who was the old dude that Chuck enlisted along with Kate to take down Jock? I really dont remember dude at all.

Kate fine as hell btw. Almost as fine as her real life mother.
He was there early on in s1 and Chuck got rid of him I think.

Then after a few ppl dipped Chuck recruited him back when he wasn't feeling who was around him by getting that one dude who went after him to hire him.

This season overall no matter how it ends has been one of my favorite seasons of television EVER.
Absolutely amazing show and I am so ecstatic that season 4 already has a green light. :pimp::nthat:
Yea man I logged into to IMDB yesterday to see the episode score and was like:stoneface:
Of course I voted 7 times from every account I had through GMAIL.

There are 5 eps just this season rated higher.
I was sure I was going to see this around 9.5, but it was an 8.3.

Folks should be banned from Television.

Yo you got any names lol?
Only other name I know is Connerty man :lol:

And he was one of the guys that dipped on Chuck when he saw he'd cross lines to get Axe.

The others are the black woman who he wanted and kept by his side. Then the black guy with the afro we saw briefly this season who quit. Then there's the guy who was going after Chuck initially investigating him who failed and then Chuck made him his *****.

The old guy was around briefly in s1 and got ushered out.

So many posts whining about Taylor trying to steal Axe's client out of revenge for poisoning their relationship with their creepy BF. Think about it - this show's M.O. is constantly shifting alliances and scheming, not bonehead power moves.

TAYLOR NEVER SABOTAGED THE PITCH!! They pitched the Quant and sabotaged Axe.

Andolov showed up after Taylor already felt sidelined and unappreciated. Taylor didn't like anything about Axe's approach after returning to the company. All those wide shots of Taylor standing and glaring at the offices across the way, being left out. Then Axe yanked Taylor's promised billion. Then Axe set a meeting with Andolov without consulting Taylor. Taylor: "There should have been a discussion." Axe: "There was a discussion."

I predict there will be a flashback to the full pitch meeting, of which we only saw the closing moments, and where Axe was not present. Andolov walks in and says he wants to make money fast and be ahead of the game. Simply attempting to give the client what he wants, Taylor pitches Andolov on the (not quite ready) Quant and tells him that they believe Axe is going too old school and doesn't support the Quant, but that they plan to leave Axe Cap and launch it on their own. Andolov says to let him know when the Quant is ready and can do better than Axe, but he will keep his money with Axe in the meantime. Then they agree to keep this plan secret and do the green energy pitch as a cover story, playing on Axe's hubris and condescension toward Taylor. Taylor actually pitches it so Andolov can know the details to grouse about.

Andolov pulls his money from Axe NOT as a power move, as widely speculated, but to demonstrate a) the transactional nature of their relationship and b) as a pre-warning warning that he intends to move the money as soon as he finds a better opportunity, which he is actively expecting from Taylor. He is ruthless, but he isn't trying to willy nilly **** over the people helping him make money. After all, Axe did basically say he only needs the money as a temporary icebreaker, so he shouldn't be too upset when Andolov does pull out, with some warning.

Taylor will have considered the legal ramifications as well, and likely plans to offer Axe a very good deal on managing that billion he'd promised before. Axe will not sue if he can make tons of money instead. Also, Andolov might say he'll split his investment between Axe and Taylor unless Axe doesn't support Taylor, then he'll pull his money from Axe. And Taylor will see themselves as finally on equal or near equal status with Axe. More complications will surely ensue, but I can't buy this show having such a silly storyline as Taylor just outright burning Axe over a boy.

Wendy gonna be kicking herself for not seeing through this ruse with the whole comp day battle - again Taylor befuddling Axe on his own turf - reading people, and even helping to enact it when Taylor drew her out with that long jacket pull in front of the elevator and feeding her the "forward momentum" line at the carousel that everyone kept repeating like a talking point.

Wags eats sushi, cracks pop culture jokes, checks the people around the office and basically is Axe's best friend

Wags eats sushi, cracks pop culture jokes, checks the people around the office and basically is Axe's best friend

He's basically Chief Op Officer -- he keeps the team in line
I've seen a few similar relationships in the hedge funds I've met

Back
Top Bottom