Official Blackberry OS/Device Thread

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Junrock21

im trying to get that bold 9900
I'm telling you, sick phone. The only people I know who left BB and are happy are people who are into apps and games. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is into that frivolous stuff.
Did you migrate over from the iPhone?
No. I had regular phones until I got the Bold 9700 in late '09. Lasted a long time and I was eligible for an upgrade right when AT&T finally released the 9900. I need the physical keyboard, I can't do touchscreens. I tried typing on my mom's iPad once and was just lost.

I'm telling you, sick phone. The only people I know who left BB and are happy are people who are into apps and games. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone is into that frivolous stuff.
No. I had regular phones until I got the Bold 9700 in late '09. Lasted a long time and I was eligible for an upgrade right when AT&T finally released the 9900. I need the physical keyboard, I can't do touchscreens. I tried typing on my mom's iPad once and was just lost.
Just picked up the 9900 for att......I must say this phone is thinnnnnnn
pimp.gif

Keyboard is on point.....screen is great...the build quality is great....OS is something to get used to.....so far  so good. Obviously, the app store sucks...but I'm not into apps. The camera is great....ummmm thats it. The question I'm asking myself is................Can I get use to it
nerd.gif
 Or head back to my bread and butta iPhone 4
nerd.gif

Visa Certifies Smartphones for Use as Visa Mobile Payment Devices

Not long ago, the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 were approvhttp://ed by MasterCard as the world's first SIM-based smartphones to be PayPass Certified. Today, Visa has joined in and approved not only the Bold 9900 and Curve 9360, but the Bold 9790 and Curve 9380 for use as Visa Mobile Payment devices. This is a great example of how NFC can be put to use in a way that will make life easier and more efficient.

Source: http://crackberry.com/vis...a-mobile-payment-devices

I'm sure this is gonna make its way to the iPhone and Android phones, if it hasn't already, but this is pretty 
pimp.gif

EDIT:

Not yet supported for CDMA phones though
frown.gif

EDIT 2:

Anyone know if the iPhone/iPad or Android tablet/phone has something similar to this? The BB/PB Combo is trying to right the ship for RIM
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Visa Certifies Smartphones for Use as Visa Mobile Payment Devices

Not long ago, the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 were approvhttp://ed by MasterCard as the world's first SIM-based smartphones to be PayPass Certified. Today, Visa has joined in and approved not only the Bold 9900 and Curve 9360, but the Bold 9790 and Curve 9380 for use as Visa Mobile Payment devices. This is a great example of how NFC can be put to use in a way that will make life easier and more efficient.

Source: http://crackberry.com/vis...a-mobile-payment-devices

I'm sure this is gonna make its way to the iPhone and Android phones, if it hasn't already, but this is pretty�
pimp.gif

EDIT:

Not yet supported for CDMA phones though
frown.gif

EDIT 2:

Anyone know if the iPhone/iPad or Android tablet/phone has something similar to this?� The BB/PB Combo is trying to right the ship for RIM
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nice..........

http://cdn.crackberry.com...mmunity-header-bot.gif); position: relative; background-position: 0% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">[h1]Exclusive: First Image of a BlackBerry 10 Superphone!![/h1]
by Kevin Michaluk   on 31 Jan 2012 06:49 PM

http://cdn.crackberry.com...ballon-blue2-right.png); position: absolute; right: 20px; top: 20px; cursor: pointer; background-position: 100% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">/cdn.crackberry.com/themes/crackberry3/images/comments-ballon-blue2-left.png);">http://cdn.crackberry.com...-ballon-blue2-left.png); background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">/cdn.crackberry.com/themes/crackberry3/images/comments-ballon-blue2-mid.png);">http://cdn.crackberry.com...s-ballon-blue2-mid.png); background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">108

BlackBerry-10-Smartphone.jpg

BOOM! Last week's leaked 2012 BlackBerry Roadmap slide deck brought with it a ton of goodies for the new year, but one thing that was missing was a fresh look at a BlackBerry 10Smartphone Superphone. Consider it found though, with the slide above featuring an image and some details on the much-rumored about BlackBerry "London". 

The story here isn't cut and dry though. Back in November a first photo of a BlackBerry London dummy unit hit the internet, but that BBX phone -- it wasn't re-labeled BlackBerry 10yet -- featured a hardware design that was quite different than the phone in the image above. The first photo of London featured angular edges and a design language more akin to the uber-expensive Porsche Design P'9981 Smartphone by BlackBerry. 

By contrast, the BlackBerry London in the image above looks much more like a phonifiedBlackBerry PlayBook, featuring the rounded corners and all-black look of RIM's first tablet. And while we heard the first photo of London was legit as RIM hardware concept, we've been hearing for an even longer time now that the first QNX-based hardware was more like a downsized PlayBook. The plot thickens.

All confusion aside though, our excitement is building for the next-generation of BlackBerry phones that are due out later this year.Word has it that London is actually slated for the UK (go figure), while two other models -- "Laguna" and "Lisbon" are in development for the US market targeting AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. We wouldn't be surprised at all to see Laguna and Lisbon actually launched prior to London. With BlackBerry still the #1 Smartphone in the UK, it's in America that RIM needs to first make a big splash with BlackBerry 10.

Talking hardware for a moment, we're hearing that both the TI OMAP5 and Qualcomm chipsets are being tested (1.5GHz dual core processors). If we look ahead by looking at BlackBerry history, it could be that Qualcomm is for the CDMA carriers. All we know is that with the BlackBerry PlayBook rocking and rolling the PlayBook OS at 1Ghz, that with 1.5Ghz as a baseline BlackBerry 10 phones will not be lacking in the performance department.

Keep it locked to CrackBerry. You know we're gonna be Rocking & Rolling This!!

eek.gif
 Is RIM on a come up?
nerd.gif

So, I am contemplating upgrading my plan from an iPhone 4 to a Blackberry Bold 9900. For those that have it, how do you like it? Pros or cons?

I don't really have any cons outside downloading apps, which can be a bit sluggish (the hourglass tends to pop up). Other than that, no problems. The combination of touch screen and physical keyboard is just awesome. Also, since I bought it in early November, I've done maybe two battery pulls.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

So, I am contemplating upgrading my plan from an iPhone 4 to a Blackberry Bold 9900. For those that have it, how do you like it? Pros or cons?

I used my friend's for a while and its a nice phone. The keyboard on it feels perfect for typing with your thumbs. They really upgraded the phone. However the app store sucks, and internet browsing is still way behind android/iOS

Been using the 9900 with OS 7.1.0.205 and I really like this phone. The first two days, the battery life was ridiculous. But now, the battery life is great. After using this phone for a week, I can say that I really like using the KB and even though that there aren't too many apps as compared to Apple, I really like the phone.

I'm happy with the switch.

Originally Posted by Junrock21

im trying to get that bold 9900

Blackberry 9900 is the best IMO, i had the iphone twice and it wasnt for me. Blackberry is so easy and convient. I am not a fan of the games/apps on iphone.

ive got the Bold 9900

i think the reason I still have a blackberry is because I dont care much about apps/gaming

I just need a communication device.

however, BB10 is looking to be decent. Hope they'll unveil more innovative features

anyone still use a blackberry?

thinking of picking up a 9930 if the price is right.

mostly use my phone for texting music n some browsing

Originally Posted by odog24

anyone still use a blackberry?

thinking of picking up a 9930 if the price is right.

mostly use my phone for texting music n some browsing
Yeah, I have the 9900 and migrated from an iPhone 4. I really like the phone. The keyboard is great and has the features that I need. App Store sucks, but for the most part. As a communication device, it's great. 

Opinions on the PlayBook? How do you guys that have it like it? They are pretty cheap right now on Buy.com and I have a 25% off coupon so the investment will be minimal. The GF has taken over my iPad so I was thinking of getting this for myself.

Back
Top Bottom