OFFICIAL BOSTON RED SOX 2010 SEASON THREAD - RIP 2010 SEASON - Time To Play Spoiler

Sucks you guys are gonna be 0-3 right away
grin.gif

I cannot wait. I love the back and forth with the real Yankee fans on this board. We wont have to deal with the playoff fans that make the topics unbearable.

You guys make it fun to go back and forth, can't wait to start insulting each other and the relentless jokes when the other loses. With that said bring on 2010 and go #@%% ya selves
laugh.gif

[h1]Bernie Carbo Was Stoned Out Of His Gourd, All The Frickin' Time[/h1]
thumb160x_slide2.jpg

The pinch-hit hero has found God, so he's coming clean about his playing career. Spoiler alert: it involved lots and lots of drugs.

In the 1975 World Series, Carbo came off the bench to hit the home run that made Carlton Fisk's more famous home run possible. How did he do it?
I probably smoked two joints, drank about three or four beers, got to the ballpark, took some [amphetamines], took a pain pill, drank a cup of coffee, chewed some tobacco, had a cigarette, and got up to the plate and hit," Carbo said.

Today Carbo tells all to the Boston Globe, and it's a treasure trove of what we imagine life for a ballplayer in the '70s to have been like. Among the highlights:

•As a rookie, the Reds' team trainer gave him what he thought were vitamins. They weren't, and he was hooked.

•In 1975, found himself in a rainy Chicago gutter at 5 a.m.

•Before Game 6, missed a batting practice session at Tufts University because he couldn't find Tufts University.

•In 1978, the Red Sox hired a private investigator to see if they couldn't catch him using drugs. They found him tossing baseballs to fans in the bleachers in exchange for marijuana.

•Until being born again, Carbo says he took drugs every single day, except for a baseball clinic in the Middle East. Apparently the Saudis' death-penalty-for-everything policy is a pretty good deterrent.

Carbo's clean now, and operating his own ministry. So we're thrilled for him. But we're also comforted to know that in the '70s, you didn't have to be particularly good at baseball to still live like a rock star.

laugh.gif

following simple mathematic.

2004 + 3 = 2007
2007 + 3 = 2010

lets bring another 'ship and duckboat parade down Boylston Street!

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

2004 + 3 = 2007
2007 + 3 = 2010

you seem to forget some years
1918+86=2004
2004+3=2007
2007+86=2093

ya that sounds better

2004 + 3 = 2007
2007 + 3 = 2010

I've already got my dancing shoes out.

1193029423_0519.jpg

deadset wassup wit an unpaid internship for the summer...we spoke through pm several years ago and now im aproaching graduation....(lol jus throwin up a hail mary)

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

2004 + 3 = 2007
2007 + 3 = 2010

you seem to forget some years
1918+86=2004
2004+3=2007
2007+86=2093

ya that sounds better
roll.gif

i knew that was going to be the first response.
i sure hope not. ill be long dead by 2093.

Interested to how the bullpen shakes out this year. I don't feel that confident with it for some reason. I think the starting pitching should be on point but certain guys in the pen are a little shaky

Originally Posted by stima33

Interested to how the bullpen shakes out this year. I don't feel that confident with it for some reason. I think the starting pitching should be on point but certain guys in the pen are a little shaky
I know where you're coming from. Delcarmen hasn't been looking like he was a few years back, Pap needs to get his stuff back and back into the closer that he once was. Bard is making great strides but he needs to learn how to mature and not let his stuff take over him.

Back
Top Bottom