OFFICIAL BOSTON RED SOX 2010 SEASON THREAD - RIP 2010 SEASON - Time To Play Spoiler

DeadsetAce

Supporter
new year, new season...let's do work. "we off '09, ny" - AIF

[table][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td][td]Active Roster[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Pitchers[/td][td]B/T[/td][td]Ht[/td][td]Wt[/td][td]DOB[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]48 Scott Atchison [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]200[/td][td]03/29/76[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]51 Daniel Bard [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]200[/td][td]06/25/85[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]19 Josh Beckett [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]225[/td][td]05/15/80[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]30 Boof Bonser [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]245[/td][td]10/14/81[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]64 Michael Bowden [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]215[/td][td]09/09/86[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]11 Clay Buchholz [/td][td]L/R[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]190[/td][td]08/14/84[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]59 Fabio Castro [/td][td]L/L[/td][td]5-7[/td][td]185[/td][td]01/20/85[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]17 Manny Delcarmen [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]205[/td][td]02/16/82[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]73 Felix Doubront [/td][td]L/L[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]165[/td][td]10/23/87[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]40 John Lackey [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-6[/td][td]245[/td][td]10/23/78[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]31 Jon Lester [/td][td]L/L[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]240[/td][td]01/07/84[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]18 Daisuke Matsuzaka [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-0[/td][td]185[/td][td]09/13/80[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]37 Hideki Okajima [/td][td]L/L[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]195[/td][td]12/25/75[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]58 Jonathan Papelbon [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]225[/td][td]11/23/80[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]71 Ramon A. Ramirez [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-0[/td][td]190[/td][td]09/16/82[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]56 Ramon S. Ramirez [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]190[/td][td]08/31/81[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]79 Dustin Richardson [/td][td]L/L[/td][td]6-6[/td][td]220[/td][td]01/09/84[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]63 Junichi Tazawa [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]180[/td][td]06/06/86[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]49 Tim Wakefield [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]210[/td][td]08/02/66[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Catchers[/td][td]B/T[/td][td]Ht[/td][td]Wt[/td][td]DOB[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]80 Dusty Brown [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-0[/td][td]180[/td][td]06/19/82[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]41 Victor Martinez [/td][td]S/R[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]210[/td][td]12/23/78[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]33 Jason Varitek [/td][td]S/R[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]230[/td][td]04/11/72[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]81 Mark Wagner [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]205[/td][td]06/11/84[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Infielders[/td][td]B/T[/td][td]Ht[/td][td]Wt[/td][td]DOB[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]75 Aaron Bates [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]230[/td][td]03/10/84[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]29 Adrian Beltre [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]220[/td][td]04/07/79[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]22 Bill Hall [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-0[/td][td]210[/td][td]12/28/79[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]70 Tug Hulett [/td][td]L/R[/td][td]5-10[/td][td]185[/td][td]02/28/83[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]76 Jose Iglesias [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]175[/td][td]01/05/90[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]25 Mike Lowell [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]210[/td][td]02/24/74[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]12 Jed Lowrie [/td][td]S/R[/td][td]6-0[/td][td]180[/td][td]04/17/84[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]15 Dustin Pedroia [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]5-9[/td][td]180[/td][td]08/17/83[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]16 Marco Scutaro [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]5-10[/td][td]185[/td][td]10/30/75[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]20 Kevin Youkilis [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]220[/td][td]03/15/79[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Outfielders[/td][td]B/T[/td][td]Ht[/td][td]Wt[/td][td]DOB[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]23 Mike Cameron [/td][td]R/R[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]205[/td][td]01/08/73[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]7 J.D. Drew [/td][td]L/R[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]200[/td][td]11/20/75[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]2 Jacoby Ellsbury [/td][td]L/L[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]185[/td][td]09/11/83[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]32 Jeremy Hermida [/td][td]L/R[/td][td]6-3[/td][td]220[/td][td]01/30/84[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]68 Josh Reddick [/td][td]L/R[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]180[/td][td]02/19/87[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Designated Hitters[/td][td]B/T[/td][td]Ht[/td][td]Wt[/td][td]DOB[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]34 David Ortiz [/td][td]L/L[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]230[/td][td]11/18/75[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
2lkz8yc.jpg

I hope the Red Sox allow Daisuke to do whatever kind of training he did in Japan. He needs to get back on that level. The level we all saw in the World Baseball Classic. The level where he looked like the best pitcher in the game.

Im a fan of his by the way.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm hoping to see the Giants/Sox series. May be out in Boston in the fall to check out some Law Schools.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Deadset might hit 25k trying to keep this thread alive.
BDD_DO_st_2.27.10_bc.jpg

lazyj...law school huh? leaving the boring world of accounting behind?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Proshares

Deadset might hit 25k trying to keep this thread alive.
lazyj...law school huh? leaving the boring world of accounting behind?
laugh.gif

I even have my own slogan for it man. 
laugh.gif

With how accounting has become, I feel I'll have a whirlwind of even more opportunity with the J.D.

laugh.gif
thats solid

yeah i've been considering making a move. just trying to time it right

There's no such thing.

Anyway - back to the regularly scheduled programming.

You should come out to SF for the BOS series.

Checking in.........

I need a new slogan for the Sig this season. I was thinking "Run production? We dont need no Stinkin Run Production!!!!!!"

For the haters obviously. I think we will be more than fine getting guys across home plate.

that's actually not a bad idea. always wanted to check out ATT park...perfect time to do it

AIF - i agree...i don't think it'll be worse than last season at least. should actually improve. but we'll see

Originally Posted by dland24

I hope the Red Sox allow Daisuke to do whatever kind of training he did in Japan. He needs to get back on that level. The level we all saw in the World Baseball Classic. The level where he looked like the best pitcher in the game.

Im a fan of his by the way.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I'm torn on this. There's a big difference from a short tournament and a long MLB season.

Let's go!! Looking to go to a lot more games this year now that the wife is working again
smile.gif

I'm not too confident about our playoff chances unless we unload some of our prospects for a bat. We need a real presence in the lineup.

^ Yeah, and it's a weekend series.

If any of you come out, let me know if you have any questions about the area/park/lodging, etc.

roll.gif
@ the nomar stuff

lazyj...im going to seriously look into it. will send you any and all questions
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

roll.gif
@ the nomar stuff

lazyj...im going to seriously look into it. will send you any and all questions
laugh.gif
Come to one of my firm's "workshops" or "conferences" so your firm picks up the tab.
laugh.gif

Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Good news on Pedroia's wrist

ESPN.com news services

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Red Sox manager Terry Francona relayed some good news on second baseman Dustin Pedroia Wednesday, saying X-rays on his sprained left wrist were negative."I rolled my wrist," Pedroia said. "I'll take BP tomorrow and then play the next day. That's it. I'm good. There's nothing. It's more spring training [precaution]. It hurt at the time and then they just took me out of the game. So, no big deal." Francona said the Red Sox were not worried about the injury and that Pedroia was even lobbying to play Thursday.
[h4]Spring training updates[/h4]
bos.gif

Gordon Edes and the rest of the ESPNBoston.com team have you covered on the Red Sox from Fort Myers. Blog

Sox spring training photos »
Pedroia left Tuesday night's game against the Minnesota Twins after just one inning with what the Red Sox called a mild sprain of the left wrist.The injury occurred when Pedroia made a diving stop of a smash hit by Denard Span, the Twins' first hitter of the night. Pedroia scrambled to his feet but threw wildly to first and was charged with an error. He finished the inning, but when the Red Sox took the field in the second, Angel Sanchez was in the game."It's a little sore [now]," Pedroia said. "I just landed weird. And I tried to get up and I couldn't really get up. And I tried to throw it and I almost killed our dugout. But I'm fine. I'll be all right."Francona said even before Pedroia hurt the wrist that he had not been scheduled to travel with the team for Wednesday's game against the Pirates.Pedroia was not expected to receive treatment other than icing the wrist."I just iced it today, and that's it," he said. "It's just sore. No big deal. It's OK."
Information from ESPNBoston.com's Gordon Edes and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Back
Top Bottom