OFFICIAL BROKE to BALLIN thread --- Let's Get It! (motivation for young hustlers) UPDATED 3/15/10

my bad, it's refrigerant and it used to cost $60 several years back to contractors and now it's ranges from $190 to $350 depending where you buy from. I could have bought it at like $50 per tank and each pallet has 40.

I know of several warehouses that have thousands of these tanks stored away...who is down for a heist?

Can ya'll please give me some pointers of applying for jobs?

I mean.. I leave voicemails at the Human Resource Management line...
What's the deal?

Ahh I finally found this thread again....

I had originally forgotten to bookmark it and couldnt find it lolll

Anyway, Update on my venture

This Week

Register the name in City Hall and buy the domain name for the online store

Next Week

Finish the design of the tags and finally order about 150 of them
Find someone who does relabeling so they can relabel the shirts I'm gonna get

Look Ahead

Have 150 plain shirts relabeled and find a screen printing place to finally get the designs on the shirt
Have some people model the shirts by May

Goal

Getting the raw material to display to everyone and get the marketing going

Damn...

It's been a grind, but I feel like I'm on the right path and even though it's been hard work balancing my life, THIS IS WORTH IT.

The hardest part right now is being patient with myself and taking all the steps to get my business up and running. I want it to be over already so I can start selling, but this is the grind and I love it.

I hope no one is falling off to the point that they will be disappointed in themselves. Get on yours and make moves.

This recession is the perfect excuse/reason to start your own business. I can see the top from here and damn I wanna be there already.

Originally Posted by dosky323

I know of several warehouses that have thousands of these tanks stored away...who is down for a heist?

You in the South?
nerd.gif

This weeks tasks...

complete final edit
upload final edit for copyright
order proof of the book by end of next week

So I received the proof of my book yesterday. I am very happy. I am going to read it in its entirety for the 100th time.
There is a change I am making to the cover, so that will be submitted with any changes that need to be made with the formating/grammar mistakes I missed on the inside.
I want to order the final proof by Friday. That should come by next Tuesday. If it looks good, my book could be ready for sale by then.
I still have to make a promotional youtube video, facebook page, and update my selling site on Amazon. I want to complete all of those things before I make the book available for sale... so I have a lot of work to do.
I'm excited that it is about to happen, but I have to stay focused and fnish strong.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

This weeks tasks...

complete final edit

So I received the proof of my book yesterday. I am very happy. I am going to read it in its entirety for the 100th time.
There is a change I am making to the cover, so that will be submitted with any changes that need to be made with the formating/grammar mistakes I missed on the inside.
I want to order the final proof by Friday. That should come by next Tuesday. If it looks good, my book could be ready for sale by then.
I still have to make a promotional youtube video, facebook page, and update my selling site on Amazon. I want to complete all of those things before I make the book available for sale... so I have a lot of work to do.
I'm excited that it is about to happen, but I have to stay focused and fnish strong.

My book is out! Cop it!(check the sig)

I have sold 87 books locally and about 50 online. I have done a local radio show, and I am going to to be interview this weekend for an article in the local paper. I'm not getting rich oof the book, but I have made money back a few times over. The movement is moving!.

Got a job at Sears and have been getting small time priorities out the way....

I know it may sound foolish but what can i do to flip the $150 check im getting?

Better yet i would like to begin planing a fall back plan if i dont make it to be an architect... Any suggestions besides Stock Market?

I have it as an option but im wondering if there is any other ways to win in this world.

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Got a job at Sears and have been getting small time priorities out the way....

I know it may sound foolish but what can i do to flip the $150 check im getting?

Better yet i would like to begin planing a fall back plan if i dont make it to be an architect... Any suggestions besides Stock Market?

I have it as an option but im wondering if there is any other ways to win in this world.
In the same exact boat. It's always easier said than done, should've said this to myself a while back
tired.gif

my broke to balling story.. i was in debt 8k now im +4k .. how? cell phones..iphone 4 blackberry 9700s .. etc if you want to get into the business. please email me if you get some or want more info.. marquesw3@gmail.com we can work something out .

if you work hard it money will come...

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Any suggestions besides Stock Market?

Look into 'options.' They're like stocks, but you pay a small fee to get the right to buy the stocks in the future, at a set price.
ex - I buy an option at $1000.
That option will allow me to buy 500 stocks, for $30 each, in 6 months. (If I exercise the option, I pay 1000 instead of the 15,000 price tag).
This is profitable if the stock price is above $30 within 6 months from me buying the option. I can instantly resell the stocks and profit.
If the stock price is under $30, I can simply do nothing and let the option expire. I lose $1000, but it's better than losing the drop in stock prices.

This is more complicated (if that wasnt complicated enough
ohwell.gif
), but from what I learned about options in my class last term, I'm looking into those when I have the money. If you need more info, Yahoo Finance is actually a decent link.

Also, as far as my business getting going is concerned, it's stalled. Lack of funding
frown.gif
Gotta get a job and work up my starting capital at this point.

This weeks tasks...

complete final edit

My book is out! Cop it!(check the sig)

I have sold 87 books locally and about 50 online. I have done a local radio show, and I am going to to be interview this weekend for an article in the local paper. I'm not getting rich oof the book, but I have made money back a few times over. The movement is moving!.
Interesting.
happy.gif

I got some money back from financial aid, I was thinking of reselling thrift store items.  Can anyone shed some light on their experiences selling or buying second hand items?  All I'm looking to make is 50 to 100% profit.

Back
Top Bottom