Official Californication Season 6 Thread

Yo...

Meagan Good in that dress on the plane...

tXZPJ.gif

Had no idea this was about to come back on.. Kinda happy I didnt or I would've been thirsty

Seen the first episode last night
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

The jump ahead three years is good for the storyline, for multiple reasons:

Karen is now remarried and has clearly established a new life - if they had picked up where they left off, it'd be like season 1 all over again, with Hank attempting to derail the relationship
Becca is quite a bit older - four seasons of awkward, angsty teen nonsense is enough

Overall, they just did a good job showing how people have moved on with their lives and they've established new relationships. We don't need to know how they got there, we just know they exist now, and it sets everything up for probably even another season after this.

There's also the production reason for it: networks try to avoid casting infants (Runkel's kid is a few years old instead of being a baby). There's a reason Nicky in Fresh Prince was born and then all of a sudden was like six years old. It's cheaper and easier to deal with.

good episode.

i still cant stand Karen, her husband (Bates) is a G tho... he cracked me up a few seasons ago (he's the professor that hank got drunk/took his job). she seems like a horrible mother... always thought this was the case. always played good cop and made hank 100% to blame for everything. this broken-brained-braud is just as responsible for their f'd up kid/life as Hank... if not more.

glad Tobolowsky is back (marcy's new husband)... he is great.

RZA was hilarious. he and hank had funniest sequence imo...

rza: "thank you alfred."
hank: "alfred?"
rza: "f' yeah, man. i dont even know his real name... i just call him alfred and he snaps right to it. i dont even know if i pay the mf'er... he might be my slave"
hank: "take that white people"
rza: :
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: its crazy how Becca is starting to look like Karen. #SturdyCHIN

As mentioned Showtime is smashing on HBO right now.

The season premier was solid and I agree with JoeGalvan, I can't stand Karen either. The opening scene with Hanks girl making a scene was
laugh.gif
. I am so glad this show is back.

I wish they did a few episodes when he lived in NY though.  Would've liked to see his adventures there.  Maybe he'll go back for an episode and deal with the psycho that torched his apartment or have some flashback scenes.
JoeGalvan, thanks for reminding me Karen's new husband was on the show before.  Completely forgot.  Dude was creepy when he was first on the show.  And I agree that Karen can be a giant "b" sometimes.  She's the one who cheated on Hank and ended their relationship the first time.  When she found out about Mia she didn't even want to hear Hank's side of the story.  
mad.gif

I know all of us want to see Megan Good's boobs but it probably won't happen if we're already 2 episodes in.  Hope i'm wrong though.  It's also kind of awkward when Samurai calls Hank the n word.  
laugh.gif

I am probably in the minority with this, but I am not feeling RZA being on this show, nor the angle Hank has with his character. There is absolutely no chemistry between the two and it feels like the writers are trying to desperately recreate what Ashby & Moody had in season 2.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I am probably in the minority with this, but I am not feeling RZA being on this show, nor the angle Hank has with his character. There is absolutely no chemistry between the two and it feels like the writers are trying to desperately recreate what Ashby & Moody had in season 2.

There's the possibility that the writers are trying to get at that. The differences in music, Hank not knowing anything about Hip-Hop and the other director questioning what he knows about the city. RZA handled the situation differently than Hank would have, more so advantage of it.Hank is in debt to him.

Meagan is in 8 of the 12 episodes so there's still time
nerd.gif

Ava's mom
smokin.gif

Runkle better smash that babysitter. She already rubbed his unborns on her face
laugh.gif

Finally caught up, just watched season 4 and the first 2 eps of season 5.

rza is my dude but i agree with first born there's no chemistry between them

Originally Posted by shogun

I wish they did a few episodes when he lived in NY though.  Would've liked to see his adventures there.  Maybe he'll go back for an episode and deal with the psycho that torched his apartment or have some flashback scenes.
JoeGalvan, thanks for reminding me Karen's new husband was on the show before.  Completely forgot.  Dude was creepy when he was first on the show.  And I agree that Karen can be a giant "b" sometimes.  She's the one who cheated on Hank and ended their relationship the first time.  When she found out about Mia she didn't even want to hear Hank's side of the story.  
mad.gif

I know all of us want to see Megan Good's boobs but it probably won't happen if we're already 2 episodes in.  Hope i'm wrong though.  It's also kind of awkward when Samurai calls Hank the n word.  
laugh.gif

It took 1.5 seasons for us to see lake bell's *******.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Yo...

Meagan Good in that dress on the plane...

devil.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Just started watching this season. This show is really good. The entire Showtime line up is
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just caught up on EP1 and 2, and it's GREAT so far. Alfred the butler had me dying when he repeated what RZA said. The english accent Nanny and Ava mom
eek.gif
, and of course Megan, gaaaaawd daaamn.

wonder whats gonna happen when hank $%@#$ megan and the rza finds out 
laugh.gif

Carrie: It's just, you f**ked me in the *!* Hank. 
Hank: Oh, are we talking metaphorically? Because...
Carrie: No, I gave up the butt for you!

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

wonder whats gonna happen when hank $%@#$ megan and the rza finds out 
laugh.gif

Carrie: It's just, you f**ked me in the *!* Hank. 
Hank: Oh, are we talking metaphorically? Because...
Carrie: No, I gave up the butt for you!

roll.gif
That scene was GOLDEN.

so I caught up to season 5 in 1 week.

Never having watched the show, 2 weeks ago I said I'm gonna do it...watched 4 seasons in a week, absolutely love this show.

Hank Moody may be my favorite character on TV ever.

Probably because I'm a writer as well...his writing struggles I can relate to.

Season 5 is off to a decent start, Meagan Good...sheesh

Back
Top Bottom