[| -- Official Canadian True Blue Jordan III Release (August 8th 2009) EURO/CAN -- |]

23collector1985 wrote:
Originally Posted by GOVOLTRONIC

23collector1985 wrote:
^^^ That reallydoes sound shady. When I pre-paid the manager just gave me the SPC discount without any questions... I'm 35 years old, by the way lol.
You must be Asian.

No, I'm not.

...and it's pretty racist to suggest that I "must be Asian" just because I'm an older collector.

When talking with a variety of people, I notice that older collectors do not fit any mold. They come from all professional and cultural backgrounds. I do notknow about racist, but that comment can be deemed as pretty ignorant. As an aside, I love when people complain about people being overly sensitive, and thenthey get offended when someone makes a comment about their background, culture, religion or race that they do not like.
laugh.gif
If you rely on stereotypes, do not get offended when you are stereotypedyourself based on your background.

jordanheaven wrote:
does anyone know if champs is getting them?...and are they taking pre orders for them??..

thx
Champs is getting them. Yes, you should be able to pre-order them. Someone called me that works at Champs and asked if I wanted them. However,from what I heard, not all sizes might be available. Remember, they are still a part of the Footlocker Inc. family, and FL has done well pre-selling a lot ofthe upcoming IIIs.

Originally Posted by AntC

23collector1985 wrote:

23collector1985 wrote:
^^^ That reallydoes sound shady. When I pre-paid the manager just gave me the SPC discount without any questions... I'm 35 years old, by the way lol.
You must be Asian.

No, I'm not.

...and it's pretty racist to suggest that I "must be Asian" just because I'm an older collector.

When talking with a variety of people, I notice that older collectors do not fit any mold. They come from all professional and cultural backgrounds. I do not know about racist, but that comment can be deemed as pretty ignorant. As an aside, I love when people complain about people being overly sensitive, and then they get offended when someone makes a comment about their background, culture, religion or race that they do not like.
laugh.gif
If you rely on stereotypes, do not get offended when you are stereotyped yourself based on your background.

You are right... maybe not so much racist as it is ignorant. To me, making blanket, generalized statements about any group of people is very ignorant. Hearing one thing about someone and applying a "you must be" to that person without knowing anyting about him/her is pretty ignorant indeed.

I'm not offended, just saying... sometimes you should think a little.

GOVOLTRONIC is asian, so I'd doubt he'd be racist against them. Welcome to the Internet where words fly, it happens.

^^^ I mispoke, what he said wasn't so much racist as it was just ignorant. Anytime you make a generalized statement about an entire group/race/culture...it's ignorant. Even if it's said about your own race.

Originally Posted by Jordanfan76

sizes 10, 11, and 12 are still available for pre-order. The current SPC card expires on the 31st unless you have an H&R Block one which expires Aug 31. The new SPC cards are available for sale at all Foot Locker locations now.
SPC Student Master Card FTW!
pimp.gif
(expire date 2012
pimp.gif
)

jordanheaven wrote:
does anyone know if champs is getting them?...and are they taking pre orders for them??..

thx
Champs is getting them. Yes, you should be able to pre-order them. Someone called me that works at Champs and asked if I wanted them. However, from what I heard, not all sizes might be available. Remember, they are still a part of the Footlocker Inc. family, and FL has done well pre-selling a lot of the upcoming IIIs.

Champs does have them my boy couldnt preorder at FTL because it was sold out and went next door to champs and pre ordered it

Whoops... I forgot to insert *lol*
roll.gif

Think I'll rock one of my pairs right out the store that day pending this wacky weather.

ktan09 wrote:
GOVOLTRONIC is asian, so I'd doubt he'd be racist against them. Welcome to the Internet where words fly, it happens.
Self-hate does exist, so the first comment is problematic. Anyway, as I pointed out earlier, this is not the case. Just a simple comment that wasmade, and then someone reacted to it.

^^^ Yeah... and I should be clear, I wasn't trying to start anything here, I just don't like to hear/read those types of general statements aboutentire groups of people.

well it's a wrap at footlocker, no more preorders. but like i said before, check your local footlocker that would carry the shoe and see if their sizes arestill unspoken for. I know the one where I'm at got a few extra sizes, and i don't think you can do stock locator on them.

Got a chance to look at them yesterday..

They look pretty nice, considering how terrible Jordan Brand has been for the last few years..

But, it's hard to mess up a retro 3..

It's nice to see people pre-ordering and getting excited about a LEGIT release..

Most of the time (as of late) it's been overhyped trash or just no hype at all..

Anyone going to try their luck @ ES?

I shudder at the thought of the FR3 release
sick.gif

LOLLLLL, was it hell? Good thing i had my pair on lock for near a month now

Think I'll rock one of my pairs right out the store that day pending this wacky weather.
The weather's no big deal since I always park underground, so I will be walking out the store with my pair (plus I've already pre-orderertwo additional pairs). I know it's beating a dead horse, but I do miss the retro card days.
eyes.gif

i am not sure if anyone has been informed...
but today...i was trying to pre ordered another pair at the footlocker....but they told me the shoes was sold out....and then i told them about people notbeing able to use their spc for the tb3 at champs yet.....and the lady told me...ya...they (footlocker) also just changed their mind....no spc too....and theyr calling people who has placed their pre orders to come back to the store...and put more money in their gift cards for the tb3....

i wasn't pleased about what i was told....and if they really call me to come back and give them more money.....they must be out of their mind....
anyways....are they really allowed to do this???.....just becoz the sales went really well....so...they want to make more money by taking out the spc??!!!.....

jordanheaven wrote:
but today...i was trying to pre ordered another pair at the footlocker....but they told me the shoes was sold out....and then i told them about people not being able to use their spc for the tb3 at champs yet.....and the lady told me...ya...they (footlocker) also just changed their mind....no spc too....and they r calling people who has placed their pre orders to come back to the store...and put more money in their gift cards for the tb3....

i wasn't pleased about what i was told....and if they really call me to come back and give them more money.....they must be out of their mind....
anyways....are they really allowed to do this???.....just becoz the sales went really well....so...they want to make more money by taking out the spc??!!!.....
This is really strange information. It would be pretty hard to ask all the people to come back and pay the difference. You pre-ordered a pair andpaid in full. You did not just put down a significant deposit.

whats up with champs saying no SPC on these? called a couple of locations and everyone is saying no SPC.

Was anyone else able to preorder theirs with the discount?

jordanheaven wrote:
but today...i was trying to pre ordered another pair at the footlocker....but they told me the shoes was sold out....and then i told them about people not being able to use their spc for the tb3 at champs yet.....and the lady told me...ya...they (footlocker) also just changed their mind....no spc too....and they r calling people who has placed their pre orders to come back to the store...and put more money in their gift cards for the tb3....

This is really strange information. It would be pretty hard to ask all the people to come back and pay the difference. You pre-ordered a pair and paid in full. You did not just put down a significant deposit.

Yeah, that is very odd.
laugh.gif
, I don't plan on payinganymore than I already did, and I would be pretty suprised if they called me up. I don't even remember giving my number to them, but I might have.Seriously, I just hope to go Aug 8th in the morning, and pick up my pairs hassle free. That is the way it should be.

ya...thats what i thought too....
they've already made me pre ordering using a gift card....which means...i won't be able to get my money back if i dun like the shoes and want to returnthem.....

and..i am pretty sure there is no spc at champs right now.....the dude at champs told me....they r still waiting for permission to give out spc...and rightnow...you will have to pay the full price first.....and...once they get the permission.....they will refund u the difference......and he also said...spc willmost likely work...because it works at footlocker.....(and...now footlocker is telling me all this ...no spc bs...>.<)

Originally Posted by jolly2

Anyone going to try their luck @ ES?

I shudder at the thought of the FR3 release
sick.gif

LOLLLLL, was it hell? Good thing i had my pair on lock for near a month now

It's always maddness @ ES when something good drops. Pushing, shoving, line cutting, etc. It's like everyone's rabid.

jordanheaven wrote:

This is really strange information. It would be pretty hard to ask all the people to come back and pay the difference. You pre-ordered a pair and paid in full. You did not just put down a significant deposit.

That's WACK!
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TheRav4

jordanheaven wrote:

Yeah, that is very odd.
laugh.gif
, I don't plan on paying anymore than I already did, and I would be pretty suprised if they called me up. I don't even remember giving my number to them, but I might have. Seriously, I just hope to go Aug 8th in the morning, and pick up my pairs hassle free. That is the way it should be.

lol are you serious? foot locker said that they will call ppl back to pay extra? im not paying anymore than what i already did thats BS and yeahTheRav4 they took your number down when they told u to write your name and number on that card (if you wrote it down) lol

Originally Posted by andrewxle

Originally Posted by TheRav4

jordanheaven wrote:

Yeah, that is very odd.
laugh.gif
, I don't plan on paying anymore than I already did, and I would be pretty suprised if they called me up. I don't even remember giving my number to them, but I might have. Seriously, I just hope to go Aug 8th in the morning, and pick up my pairs hassle free. That is the way it should be.
lol are you serious? foot locker said that they will call ppl back to pay extra? im not paying anymore than what i already did thats BS and yeah TheRav4 they took your number down when they told u to write your name and number on that card (if you wrote it down) lol

I have the 2 gift cards, but I did not write anything down on it, nor did they tell me...there's a certain bar code number on it already. They did write myname and that same number (not phone... but the bar code card number) down just in case I lose em...so they say. Yikes, this thread is making things moreconfusing. I think this thread might be doing as much harm as good right now.
laugh.gif

Everyone make sure to post after you guys pick up your pairs to let everyone know how smooth or unsmooth it went.

Back
Top Bottom