Official Celtics vs. Sixers Playoffs Series Thread (BOS wins 4-3) On to the ECF...

Now I'm amped on this series. I hope Philly will win.

Let's go underdogs!
pimp.gif

Updating the title now, Verizon #$@#@!! over my service yesterday and I had to watch the game at BWW.
30t6p3b.gif

Game 6 notes:
-Rondo was awful on D. I didn't see much effort from him at all on D.
-Jrue is a good young player but to allow him to score 20 is
laugh.gif

-Doc and his rotations/subs...
30t6p3b.gif
Awful coaching.
-Too much random ball, no offensive fluidity or consistency
-Bass had a hell of a game 5, and went through hell in game 6. Inconsistency is a trend with him.
-Not sure who wins game 7 but losing Bradley, I'm not sure I even want to watch this team play in a Finals or ECF.
-Ray is FINISHED. No defense, no rebounding, no free throws, no 3's, useless.

Originally Posted by PMatic

To counter Allen Iverson, the Celtics have decided to bring Antoine Walker out for Game 7.
laugh.gif

remember the Toine meme tho
roll.gif

Game 7
pimp.gif
Philly got it

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Game 6 notes:
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Awful coaching.
-Bass had a hell of a game 5, and went through hell in game 6. Inconsistency is a trend with him.
-Not sure who wins game 7 but losing Bradley, I'm not sure I even want to watch this team play in a Finals or ECF.
This guy is a liability. They need to shut him down. He's not doing anything out there.

Originally Posted by ncjamn

Game 6 notes:
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Awful coaching.
This guy is a liability. They need to shut him down. He's not doing anything out there.
Yep, but Doc would never have the balls to do that. At this point, Pavlovic is no worse than Ray and that's saying something.

Personally, I think Daniels should get more playing time. Doc is a fool who is going to cost us with his poor substitution packages.

This is nothing new for the Celtics.  They are terrible in close out Game 6s and proved that back in 2008 when they were forced to play multiple Game 7s. 

Ray looks stiff out there and has no lateral movement or almost any movement.  Those bone spurs/chips make him look 10 years older than he his and it's a shame because he keeps his body in great shape.  

I have no doubts the Celtics will come out with the extra day of much needed rest and flatten the Sixers on Saturday.  Doc and the Celtics often get complacent and Philly's inexperience will show in a Game 7 on the road. 

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

30t6p3b.gif
Can't believe were givin' Philly the time of day. Rondo 4-14. Bass couldn't hit anythin'.

stop it dude. Ur actin like Boston is a #1 seed. The Celtics didnt even dominate the sixers in the regular season

Dang, i'm gettin chills thinkin bout game 7 and how important it is....bout to pop in the '82 game 7 from the dynasty series later tonight
laugh.gif
...honestly i just hope we give it our all...this game could go either way depending on who shows up that day ...i just don't want to possibly end the season on a sour note

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

maybe this will be good for his overall development though.

He can come into next year knowing he's a starter and knowing we need him to hit shots.

Thats a shame tho. Wanted to see him shine in the finals.

Game 6 notes:
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Awful coaching.
Rondo's head was not in that game.
Rondo is an excellent player, but in game 3 when we let him score 23
roll.gif

Jrue is a better scoring guard than Rondo, but no where near Rondo's overall PG skills.  J had 18 in game 2 on virtually the same shooting as he had in game 6. His only poor game of the series was game 1, where he failed to reach double digits. He should be between 14-20 every game with the amount of time the rock is in his hands.

Every coach has his strong points, and I guess Doc's rotation has been a little off but it's a matchup game. It's a lot easier to say his decisions have been awful following a loss.
Bass will have a good game Saturday, and that's what matters.
Bradley not being available is terrible. The kid is a baller, gives 125% and personally I think really ups the intensity of every Celtic. Definitely like his game.
Eh he'e due for a nice game 7. Last game was the first time we really tried to exploit Ray on the defensive end looking to go to ET in the post and isos. Anytime he's on the court, someones gotta go at him.

If we can hold off Boston's early runs to start the game and each quarter, we should be within 8-12 points leading into the fourth. I do expect Boston to pull it out on their home court, especially as no team has won consecutive games in this series. KG will be established early, and hit big buckets to keep that crowd goin. You know Paul will be bringing his A-game, and so will Rondo; 12+ assists and a trip doub alert
nerd.gif
?

Hoping something incredible happens so we can move on to be mauled by the Heat, but baby steps are needed to succeed in this league. Go Sixers
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jordanfreek45

Game 6 notes:
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Awful coaching.
roll.gif

Jrue is a better scoring guard than Rondo, but no where near Rondo's overall PG skills.  J had 18 in game 2 on virtually the same shooting as he had in game 6. His only poor game of the series was game 1, where he failed to reach double digits. He should be between 14-20 every game with the amount of time the rock is in his hands.

Every coach has his strong points, and I guess Doc's rotation has been a little off but it's a matchup game. It's a lot easier to say his decisions have been awful following a loss.
Bradley not being available is terrible. The kid is a baller, gives 125% and personally I think really ups the intensity of every Celtic. Definitely like his game.
Eh he'e due for a nice game 7. Last game was the first time we really tried to exploit Ray on the defensive end looking to go to ET in the post and isos. Anytime he's on the court, someones gotta go at him.

If we can hold off Boston's early runs to start the game and each quarter, we should be within 8-12 points leading into the fourth. I do expect Boston to pull it out on their home court, especially as no team has won consecutive games in this series. KG will be established early, and hit big buckets to keep that crowd goin. You know Paul will be bringing his A-game, and so will Rondo; 12+ assists and a trip doub alert
nerd.gif
?

Hoping something incredible happens so we can move on to be mauled by the Heat, but baby steps are needed to succeed in this league. Go Sixers
smokin.gif
Refreshing, solid analysis from a Sixer fan.

Too bad we have to wait another day for the game.

Originally Posted by jordanfreek45

Game 6 notes:
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Awful coaching.
roll.gif

nerd.gif
?

smokin.gif
Refreshing, solid analysis from a Sixer fan.

Too bad we have to wait another day for the game.

Thats a solid addition to the thread to say the least
pimp.gif

Amped but nervous for this game tomorrow.

Finns, u havent lost faith yet, have you ? I still think the NBA finals is realistic.

I don't know which team will show up from night to night... Well in this series, it's every other game.
laugh.gif

Depends on what KG does. As he and Rondo goes, the team goes.

Back
Top Bottom