official chamillionaire thread...2 new mm7 tracks

nerd.gif

So Far
-Venom is not dropping..he was saying something about he didn't like how "they" where trying to put it together,he's not leaking songs"they" are
-Rasaaq quit rapping, in school now
-MM7 is the last tape..It'll be free on the website, giving 100 hard copies to fans with O.G. artwork and $100 bill in it.
-No longer signing autographs with the lizard logo, says its getting played or he feels it makes it not that exclusive or something i guess
-No Paul and Cham album, said he just doesn't want to. $$$ has been put up for it. Just doesn't want to do it.
-MTV offered him a reality show, turned it down. Said it just wasn't him and he thinks it would be "fake"

Originally Posted by Killa Kyleon

So Far
-Venom is not dropping..he was saying something about he didn't like how "they" where trying to put it together,he's not leaking songs "they" are
-Rasaaq quit rapping, in school now
-MM7 is the last tape..It'll be free on the website, giving 100 hard copies to fans with O.G. artwork and $100 bill in it.
-No longer signing autographs with the lizard logo, says its getting played or he feels it makes it not that exclusive or something i guess
-No Paul and Cham album, said he just doesn't want to. $$$ has been put up for it. Just doesn't want to do it.
-MTV offered him a reality show, turned it down. Said it just wasn't him and he thinks it would be "fake"
so sad
tired.gif

Dude sounds like he's just fed up with the industry and ready to move on in life..I can't be mad at him tho. To me his music never sounded the sameonce he signed. If you listen to the old Cham tapes or hell the greatest hits by O.G. Ron C, sounds like 2 different artists
smh.gif
Whatever he decides I wish himthe best.

cant believe u guys are falling for this

it a publicity stunt

more people have been talking about him today than they have the past 3 months

and no rappers ever staty retired
ask game, lupe, jay z, n kid cudi lol

I don't believe it. If it was true he wouldn't drop MM7

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

hopefully its his retirement date... either that or bring back swisha house cham... this new dude is trash...
TIMEstradamus?
laugh.gif

I watched teh whole stream but to be clear he didnt say he was retiring right? just ending the MM series and Venom's not droppin. So eventually he may dropanother album? either way its wack and I'm pissed bout Venom not dropping

^ He said he's not putting out anymore mixtapes at all after MM7 or any full cd albums and "The formula is old to me. I've done it 100 milliontimes and it just doesn't inspire me anymore."

damn so if no more mixtapes or full cd albums then thats basically retiring cuz what else is there to put out? and whats the point of stayin on Universal ifaint gonna put out any material? SMH

Originally Posted by Killa Kyleon

Dude sounds like he's just fed up with the industry and ready to move on in life..I can't be mad at him tho. To me his music never sounded the same once he signed. If you listen to the old Cham tapes or hell the greatest hits by O.G. Ron C, sounds like 2 different artists
smh.gif
Whatever he decides I wish him the best.

i agree.
it would be THE TRUTH if sumtn like this came out though...
Get_Ya_Mind_Correct.jpg

B000765IC2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

After making headlines by recently announcing his mixtape retirement, Chamillionaire has clarified why he has withdrawn from the popularmarketing strategy and promised a third solo project.

Speaking via an audio social network, the rapper confirmed early reports of his "retirement."
"Somebody told me that nobody's paying attention," Chamillionaire said in an audio clip. "But it looks like everybody's paying attention now...Y'all ain't got to worry, I'm not retiring from rap. I'm not completely retiring from rap. What I am retiring from is the Mixtape Messiah's, being the Mixtape Messiah. That part of my career, I'm done with that...I've done that for a decade strong, it's time to let that rest and step to another level. It shouldn't be a bad thing, it should be a good thing. We're gonna open new doors, do something else...I'm not sad, not depressed, I just been doing this for a while. The formula is old...I'm not gonna drop the original material that was used for Venom...Originally when I was doing this, there was no label. It was just me crafting it in the studio, but now they seem to be pretty excited and there's a lot of people coming in on this process now. So I'm gonna explain a little more of that on [June] 12th...There will be no Venom but the good news is there will be a third major release for me. The label is very excited." (SayNow)

Earlier in the week he wrote via his MySpace page to break the news to fans.
"Fact. No more underground mixtapes after [Mixtape Messiah] part 7," he wrote unmodified. "No jacking beats and putting out full CDs. That formula is old. To me. I have done it 100 million times and it just doesn't inspire me anymore. Sorry if it makes you feel a certain way. There are plenty other artists out there doing it that you can choose from...Fact. Venom isn't gonna drop. It's not coming out. I'm not dropped. Not depressed. I'm not sad. Just telling you what I'm thinking and what I'm gonna do. No press release about it. No label rep saying it. Straight from the boss' mouth...Past dope concepts will go into my vault. Key locked thrown away. Except for a couple of these that could fit anywhere. The music should fit together and not sound like it's all over the place." (Chamillionaire's MySpace)
http://www.sohh.com/2009/06/chamillionaire_confirms_m.html

some reassuring news

Well it's basically saying that, Mixtape Messiah 7 is the last mixtape we'll ever get from Chamillionaire.

And Venom is NOT dropping, and he also said the original material he had for Venom isn't dropping either.

Although, he is dropping a 3rd album later on.
smile.gif

What a relief. NH.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

i agree.
it would be THE TRUTH if sumtn like this came out though...
Get_Ya_Mind_Correct.jpg

B000765IC2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

pimp.gif
if only another was to drop
tired.gif

But
indifferent.gif
+
smh.gif
to Cham

and y'all can have the sig back
grin.gif